Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Puzzling in-game sprites...

Go down 
+9
kelvgoh
JaeKun
Gunzlinger
beltane-flames
unicornpower777
memphiskite
clocksprocket
Blargod
myad
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

Puzzling in-game sprites... Empty
PostSubject: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 pm

I dunno about you guys... But I've had a good laugh every now and then trying to figure out what the sprites actually represent...

For example... I've been puzzled by this buffalo-looking creature for quite a while. Faced in in training and also during Black Dragon Castle event. but I've never actually bothered to tap on it to figure out what it was... Till yesterday.

Seems it's not a buffalo but rather BICORN. when i checked out how BICORN looks like... bwahahaha... that's like... so different...
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Harvine looks like a bearded transvestite.

Stefan turns into a midget and gets on his magical tank that can seemingly pop-in and pop-out every time he attacks.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I honestly think I'm fighting giant rats each time I have to kill giant wolves.

And the bears look ... well... not much like bears...
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:48 pm

I like the Succubus the most....
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
I honestly think I'm fighting giant rats each time I have to kill giant wolves.

And the bears look ... well... not much like bears...
wolves... yes. i had the same thing... thought they were rats and one day, it just hit me... hey, there are no giant rat monsters in this game... then clicked and checked... oh... wolves... and ROTFLAO...
Back to top Go down
unicornpower777

unicornpower777

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm

I thought the bears were gorillas at first, lol
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 pm

unicornpower777 wrote:
This is exactly what I meant. Head-on, the bears don't look much like bears.
Back to top Go down
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]
beltane-flames

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 pm

First time I saw Sofia's sprite, I thought it was some unknown unit with cat ears. cat LOL
Back to top Go down
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I thought it was a girl with a katana. Look at her facing sideways.
Back to top Go down
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]
JaeKun

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 pm

i swear on some units the portrait looks so nice while the sprite doesnt look so good, and
its also the other way around aswell.
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 am

Blargod wrote:

Stefan turns into a midget and gets on his magical tank that can seemingly pop-in and pop-out every time he attacks.

STEFAN is a guy?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
bx65
☆☆☆☆☆☆
bx65

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 am

clocksprocket wrote:
unicornpower777 wrote:
This is exactly what I meant. Head-on, the bears don't look much like bears.

When i first saw those "bears" i thought they were giant anteaters O_o''
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm

kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:

THought you would be more surprised with Chris (4* archer who is actually a girl) or Edgar who has man boobs.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

read in this forum... camille is a guy...

and a guy looking is actually a girl (can't remember this one)...
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 am

Blargod wrote:
kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:

THought you would be more surprised with Chris (4* archer who is actually a girl) or Edgar who has man boobs.

I was actually pissed when Alex didn't boost her attack till I found out the hard way. Hahahahahaha. As for Edgar, I actually didn't realise it till somebody told me. Hahahah.

But STEFAN is a guy!? Seriously, this game confuses me. I am so glad my top few favourites are very easy to tell. Hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 am

kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:
kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:

I was actually pissed when Alex didn't boost her attack till I found out the hard way. Hahahahahaha. As for Edgar, I actually didn't realise it till somebody told me. Hahahah.

But STEFAN is a guy!? Seriously, this game confuses me. I am so glad my top few favourites are very easy to tell. Hahahaha.

Hideo is a really strange artist.... You know, I actually thought that Ramza from FFT was a woman during the initial Japanese trailers back in.... 1997 I think? This time he went 180 degrees on us once again on Chris.

Why do you think Stefan is a girl? His name is masculine enough and he has pretty broad chin and doesn't show off any TnAs.
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 am

Blargod wrote:
kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:
kelvgoh wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Hideo is a really strange artist.... You know, I actually thought that Ramza from FFT was a woman during the initial Japanese trailers back in.... 1997 I think? This time he went 180 degrees on us once again on Chris.

Why do you think Stefan is a girl? His name is masculine enough and he has pretty broad chin and doesn't show off any TnAs.

Hmm... my allies stopped using Stefan as lead, so I cannot check again. Maybe they got spooked. Hahaha, but seriously, I duno why but I still feel that Stefan looks like a butch.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 pm

hmmm... sofia turns into a dragon when attacking?!?
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:25 pm

myad wrote:
Dovahkiin. Yeah... these transformation type of units may sound good on paper but they really implemented it poorly. They should stay as that sprite for a set number of seconds instead of transforming back. I was laughing my ass off when I saw Stefan dragging or popping out a tank and getting on top of it every time he has to attack a unit.

Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 am

Blargod wrote:
myad wrote:
Dovahkiin. Yeah... these transformation type of units may sound good on paper but they really implemented it poorly. They should stay as that sprite for a set number of seconds instead of transforming back. I was laughing my ass off when I saw Stefan dragging or popping out a tank and getting on top of it every time he has to attack a unit.

LOL. Yeah, the most hardworking sprite ever.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 pm

ok, more weird stuffs that i hope maybe others can help shed light on...

* why does Lily have a tail?
* what is that dangling thingy on Xiahou Dun?

here's something interesting from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiahou_Dun

Xiahou Dun lost his left eye during the Battle of Xiapi in 198, and subsequently became known among the rank and file as "Blind Xiahou", which greatly irked him. His image as a one-eyed warrior was later popularized by Luo Guanzhong's historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, in which he was said to have yanked the arrow fired by enemy general Cao Xing out of his eye and devoured his own eyeball to instill fear in his enemies.
Back to top Go down
gaillardia
☆☆☆
gaillardia

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 pm

I find it funny that Sofia can magically bring out her dragon thing each time she attacks...
Back to top Go down
Cuny
☆☆☆
Cuny

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 am

Howard has male organs showing while attacking. and Sofia turns into a dragon when she attacks confused me lol
Back to top Go down
gaillardia
☆☆☆
gaillardia

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am

Why does sleipnir not have a glowing eye like the other Valhalla units??
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Isn't there already a thread talking about sprites?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling in-game sprites...   Puzzling in-game sprites... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Puzzling in-game sprites...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next