Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Compensation of card pack promotion discount

Go down 
+9
Kadaan
Stubub
Abyssight
Meathamma
Ghost_Star
Yuan
Hurleyvp
KuroStar
MythSearcher
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:28 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
how many mandras did you have in the end?

251k thus extra 28k mandra will at least give me 1 more SSL.
Or I can get Borage 1 day earlier and decide to just stop pumping in pots, which can save me at least 40 pots and 20 pots(P)
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:37 am

That post is just telling me you're wasting my time and Ghost_Star has taken more words than what I would have typed from my keyboard.

Just because you spend earlier than them and they get more advantages than you when they buy later with discounts, you're complaining already?

I would have complained that I should get Xmas lies if they had not implemented that dastardly update midway through the Xmas event if you were me.

You are just compensating for money and get this, Mobage and other people that sell stuff in real life will not compensate if another person gets a discount for an item and they put discount on the same item that you bought earlier but you don't get the discount just because that item was not on discount when you bought it.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:37 pm

KuroStar wrote:
That post is just telling me you're wasting my time and Ghost_Star has taken more words than what I would have typed from my keyboard.

Just because you spend earlier than them and they get more advantages than you when they buy later with discounts, you're complaining already?

I would have complained that I should get Xmas lies if they had not implemented that dastardly update midway through the Xmas event if you were me.

You are just compensating for money and get this, Mobage and other people that sell stuff in real life will not compensate if another person gets a discount for an item and they put discount on the same item that you bought earlier but you don't get the discount just because that item was not on discount when you bought it.

I did not spend earlier than them, like I said, someone bought stuff before the change, and claim to have gotten compensation, and the result seems to be trustful.

Look at Apple with their Iphones, they compensate buyers, don't tell me your marketing strategy is better than theirs.

Oh, and I did not waste your time, you are the one wasting your own time.
This is an open forum, I have my freedom of speech to say SS being unfairly treating different players.
You have your own freedom of speech, and freedom to ignore my posts.

I basically had given up on asking for compensation in the last two days of the event, what I am complaining here is no longer about the change or the compensation that they did not give me, I am complaining about them compensating some other players but is unfairly doing so by not compensating the rest.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:31 pm

It's not the first time they've made changes mid-event to incentivize people to buy more at the end of an event. It also won't be the last. They're a company and they can do whatever they want to try and maximize profits, and they're not required to provide compensation to everyone who asks for it.

Maybe the person you're talking about got a nice service rep in a good mood and you got one in a bad mood (or you were simply too demanding in your request and pissed them off yourself.) Either way, I have no idea what the point of this entire thread is since there's nothing we can do and Mobage didn't do anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Kadaan wrote:
It's not the first time they've made changes mid-event to incentivize people to buy more at the end of an event. It also won't be the last. They're a company and they can do whatever they want to try and maximize profits, and they're not required to provide compensation to everyone who asks for it.

Maybe the person you're talking about got a nice service rep in a good mood and you got one in a bad mood (or you were simply too demanding in your request and pissed them off yourself.) Either way, I have no idea what the point of this entire thread is since there's nothing we can do and Mobage didn't do anything wrong.

If they unfairly compensated some of the players, this should be made public and let as many players to know of this as possible.

Whether we get enough people to complain about this, or to prevent new players from buying their stuff without knowing.
Back to top Go down
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
*****also regular 6* cards produced better bosses than event 5*'s****
I just wanted to say that this isn't true. An event 4* has the same odds as a regular 6*. An event 5* actually gives you a boost, and a 6* even more. I ran with an event 5* halfway into the event, and noticed a significant increase in encounter rates of Agastache/Marjoram outside of fever.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:37 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
If they unfairly compensated some of the players, this should be made public and let as many players to know of this as possible.

Whether we get enough people to complain about this, or to prevent new players from buying their stuff without knowing.

Hate to break it to you, but this happens in real life all the time and there's nothing you can really do about it.

Call customer service for any big company and depending on how you ask and who you get on the other end you'll get different results. Sometimes a full refund, sometimes a discount on your next purchase, sometimes alternate compensation, sometimes you get told too bad.

You also don't know the full story of who got compensated, how much they got compensated, how much they spent, etc etc. I don't see why you're getting so worked up when you don't even know what actually happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:38 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
Kadaan wrote:

Are you sure they were compensated and you did misunderstand what are they talking? Seriously, get the email from the person who was compensated and I want to see that email INTACT otherwise I will not believe this nonsense.
I don't believe Mobage are SIMPLY that generous to actually do compensation.
Back to top Go down
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm

KuroStar wrote:
I don't believe Mobage are SIMPLY that generous to actually do compensation.
Pretty much this. Why would they appeal to just SOME people? If they actually did that, then the suggestions from the feedback box would actually be noticed. If the player directly told you they were compensated without proof, you may have just been trolled. Did you speak to several of these 'compensated' players?
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 12:49 am

I'm not really following the compensation issue but there is a way that someone could rank much lower than someone else in BT but still get a lot of mandras. They don't have to be just "lucky" with the kings - they could have been hunting the kings.

When you are in fever, skip over the Fennels, Bergs, and Rosemarys. (Heck maybe even skip the Aga and Marjoram) spend your pots to keep refreshing your TP and just keep going until you hit a King.

If you hit a King when you aren't in fever and it's a high level King, spend your pots quickly to get yourself in fever before you finish off the king.

I know there was quite a wide range of BT-to-Mandra among players. I ranked 537 and just played to Borage. On the last day I was doing the king hunting I mentioned, so I was prioritizing Mandra over BT and I spent almost 100 pots. (I had missed a couple of days of playing earlier in the week because of work travel and didn't calculate whether I could make it until the last day) The days before the final day I wasn't spending pots and I was killng (leveling up) all the monsters, not hunting kings. So, presumably someone could have hunted kings like I did from the beginning and ranked much lower than my 537, and they would have even gotten Borage faster than I did.

I read in the forum here, in another thread, a player said he ranked 240-something and barely got Borage. So just between me (537) and that guy (240 ish) that's a pretty big difference in ratio. (We both barely got Borage but that's a huge difference in BT points)
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:24 am

Ilyere wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
I just wanted to say that this isn't true. An event 4* has the same odds as a regular 6*. An event 5* actually gives you a boost, and a 6* even more. I ran with an event 5* halfway into the event, and noticed a significant increase in encounter rates of Agastache/Marjoram outside of fever.

well they may have tweaked the encounter rates or you may have had rng/fever on your side but there was some pretty solid research done during past events comparing encounter rates to back up my statement... I would like to hope that an event 5* would be better than a reg 6*, but that has not been the case in the past. And I am sure that the fever time thing really skewed encounter rates further this time around.
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
Ilyere wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:

well they may have tweaked the encounter rates or you may have had rng/fever on your side but there was some pretty solid research done during past events comparing encounter rates to back up my statement... I would like to hope that an event 5* would be better than a reg 6*, but that has not been the case in the past. And I am sure that the fever time thing really skewed encounter rates further this time around.

From my experience an event X* is on par with a non-event (X+1)* with perhaps a very slight advantage to the event card. Saying that an event 4* is better than a non-event 6* is ridiculous with the research I've seen/done.

As to this thread, remember that BT and Mandra are NOT linked very well. Depending on how you play, you can have a quite high rank with little BT (comparatively) or vise verse. High level 4* bosses give way more mandra than low level 5/6* bosses, but the 5/6* bosses give way more BT. Someone running a 4* event unit would very likely have a lower BT(rank)/Mandra ratio than someone running an event 5/6* lead.

All that being said, it sounds like you don't actually KNOW they were compensated. This is the internet, and you must assume that people are lying. Bringing up Apple is not a very good argument either. Apple is the exception rather than the rule. You go to Sears and buy yourself a lawnmower. Next week that lawnmower goes on sale. More often than not, you will NOT get compensated for buying that lawnmower out of sale. If you didn't need to mow your lawn for the next couple of weeks (i.e. you could have waited, but didn't) then it's your fault for not waiting for a sale.

Lastly, there was a comment about getting into fever after already encountering a king to take advantage of it. Unless SS blatantly lied about how this works, you just wasted pots. The text in the rules stated that bosses you found before fever would NOT get the fever bonus even if you went under the effects of fever later. In order to get the fever bonus you HAD TO find the boss while in fever, and kill the boss before fever ran out.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:59 pm

goodness... 3 pages of 'discussion' and OP/ TS says he's got Borage and just upset he din get an extra SSL?

if i had an SSL, i'd have happily given it out and we won't have to go thru 3 pages of... #$%^$@@
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:27 am

myad wrote:
goodness... 3 pages of 'discussion' and OP/ TS says he's got Borage and just upset he din get an extra SSL?

if i had an SSL, i'd have happily given it out and we won't have to go thru 3 pages of... #$%^$@@

I would have pretty much saved a bunch of Potions, and not get that SSL.

Like I said earlier, you are free to NOT read all this, so I am not the one to blame if you think you have wasted your own time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compensation of card pack promotion discount   Compensation of card pack promotion discount - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compensation of card pack promotion discount
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2