Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

New guy saying hi and looking for advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

New guy saying hi and looking for advice Empty
PostSubject: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:28 am

Hello everyone! I started playing 3 weeks ago and I'm still enjoying the game. I think the artwork is amazing and I love how there's always some event running. I never spent any money on the game and I don't intend to do so in the future. From what I read this means that I won't be ending up high in any event rankings, but I don't care about that. There seems to be plenty of fun to be gained from this game without having to spend cash on it.

I've never traded any cards before. I've managed to gather seven 3* units and two 4* units (not including monster cards) thanks to the bootcamp and Christmas events, but I think I've reached the point where I should start getting into trading. Maybe as a welcome, you guys could give me advice on what deals you would be looking to get if you were in my position? These are my tradable assets:

lvl 43 Santa Karl
lvl 1 Sigurd
lvl 58 Nix
lvl 30 Auguste
lvl 18 Maksim
lvl 17 Marlow
lvl 1 Elvira
lvl 1 Matvei
lvl 1 Kinderik
just under 1 million Luna
6 Time Elixirs (excluding the personal ones)
I also have 12 small Soul Stones (not sure if those are worth anything in a trade)

Note that I'm not asking anyone to trade with me here. I'll be sure to use the Trading Center once I have an idea of what kind of goals I should be aiming for.

I'll see you guys around hopefully!
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Welcome to the forum ^^

Currently we have a recruitment event, I recommend farming soul stones from training levels and then sell them for about 15-20 per TE. You should be able to get a few TEs that way. Other than that, continue working on leveling your 4* Sigurd, Santa Karl. Once maxed sell them for TE, between 8-12TE should be reasonable.

As a new player, you also have an advantage since many forum members will sell you 4*s for Luna. So I recommend making a topic in trade section stating that you're a new player looking to buy 4*s for Luna Smile

Once you have around 20-35TE, you can get your first 5*, also to keep in mind is that you don't have to do pure TE offers, 10TE & 2-3 maxed 4*s will also easily net you a Low level or lower tier 5*

Good luck and have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 am

Thanks for the tip to farm and sell soul stones! That's working great for me. I traded 20 sss for a 4* (Angela) and another 20 for 1 TE. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a few more 4* and/or TE before the recruitment event ends. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 am

I am a moron. I was feeding 1*s to my 2*s to use as feeders. I always feed them 9 1*s so they reach lvl 7. Then somehow one of my 2* became lvl 9 instead of lvl 7. I figured I must have miscounted the cards I selected. Only half a day later did I realize that Angela - my only non-event 4* - was missing from my units. Apparently, I had forgotten to add her to my favorites and didn't notice she was hiding between the 1*s when I was enhancing. %#&$@&@%#$@!!!

I figured I would at least get a new 4* thanks to the Mina's Trials event. But I drew a Chimera. Is that card at least somewhat rare or did I get completely screwed?
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I would recommend organizing your units by rarity when enhancing.

Also, don't worry about trading until you have a solid team of 4* units to actually compete in events. Also, non-event cards are easier to get than event cards, so I am sure you will get another angela Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:26 am

aszutai was already kind enough to sell me his angela when he read I lost her. In fact, I find most of the forum community very friendly to new players. I've gathered 5 4* units so far: Santa Karl, Sigurd, Angela (thx to aszutai), Partenope (thx to shadow_ryl) and Gunnel (thx to Cheliax). If I ever managed to level them all to the 80, I think they'd make a great team for events. Leveling all 5 of them up is going to take a while though. I'm saving up feeders right now and waiting for the enhancing bonus that the coming panel event will likely provide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy saying hi and looking for advice   New guy saying hi and looking for advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy saying hi and looking for advice
Page 1 of 1