Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Looking for some advice

Go down 
+4
ggorrell77
xfalconhunterx
matakaw
svenelementz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
svenelementz

Looking for some advice Empty
PostSubject: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 pm

I will buy 20000mc for the next event, but im uncertain of what to do.

I see alot of ppl mention that buying for an event is recommended not for pulling 6* or 7* but the event items that will help you rank up.

But i dont have good cards to start of with, so even how many event items i end up with it`s still hard to do anything like current event as my team of 4 5* being all around lvl 60 and 1 *6 at 100 my dmg is low and i burned trough my 90 tonics and 35 pots less than halfway into event, and still wont get enough wins for the 6* even.

If you ignore all my rambling above lol, the question is should i spend it on 200 TE and buy some good cards, or go for 6x 3000coin packages and see what it brings me?

Would really love som advice, since i`m a bit unsure and i will do this on friday.
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:49 pm

If I were you, I'll go for 200 te since you can buy a set of 6*s for that but if you feel lucky enough to go for some packs, it's up to you but the odds of getting 6* is low even you get 10x up from the daily spin. I suggest too to wait for dream packs for a chance to get 7* but 200 te is the best way if you have no strong unit enough and then buy a set of 6*s to be help you for many events to come.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Depends on what you want out of the next event...

In Starfall Bluff, I committed resources to achieve top 250 in the head start and did my best to rank high enough for the overall ranking that would get me the 6*. I got Alhena from the headstart, I got the BT point reward 6* Karin along the way, and I ultimately ranked high enough to get the 6* Shaula.

I bought boxes during that even and I didn't pull a single 6*.

If you're going for the event items because you want Camelot and the other 6*, okay. If you're just looking to get a 6* regardless of who it is, I'd STRONGLY recommend trading the equivalent of $200 in TE for a couple easily acquired 6*'s like Morticia, Magnus, Karin, and so on. You may not rank in the event, but you'll be MUCH better prepared for future PvP events like Colo, Battle Arena, or Guild Battle.

Also of note - the event units that come in boxes and give benefits during the event may not help you in the long run. For examples - In Starfall Bluff, the science (Chiffre, Tesis, Quimica, etc) units had no benefit other than increased stats (HP, DMG, etc) in the Boss fights (the ones you spend tickets to fight.) There was no bonus BT given for using an event unit of any rarity. I expect the same will happen this time. In The Desert's Call and The Masquerade of Deceit panel events, as well as the Guild Battle event happening now, some units give extra BT pts when deployed.
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback Smile

I was leaning towards buying packs, since i`m a lotto whore hehe.
But, like you said i even went up to step 7 when the last dream packs and did step 7 2 times, ended up with all the 5* i have now, wich is 5 in total.
Did challenger aswell once, and got etherium? the magic 5* one.

So i spent like 20000+ and got a few 5 lol.
Did a 3000 the other day and got my first 6* wich was Dana, an decent starter another forum member told me.
But price not even close to good ones like aksana etc.
all in all iv lost alot i think.

But i dont want to waste money on bad 6* chars, i rather spend loads so i get good ones to start off with....
Any tips on which ones that would be and what kind of prices i should expect paying?
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh and thanks to you, falcon aswell Smile

Seems my post intercrossed with yours hehe.

Seems maybe you answerd my question about wich to get Smile
Could you give me an estimate of how much they cost?
So i dont end up being ripped off by other players Smile

Edit: I want expensive 6* that`s why i figured event ones sell good, so i could trade them inn for MLB good regular 6*

In the end i want 1 or 2 7* and a perfect team og iron wall 6* for defence and atk and whatnot hehe :p
But i`m willing to spend more than the average joe to get em Smile
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 pm

"Good" 6*s will cost you 150-200TE each (IW units are at least that much). 7*s are 700+, with good ones over 1000.

A good place to check prices is Fantasicatrade.com
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:28 pm

I have been checking prices a bit, and it will have to be a 12month step plan hehe.

I cant afford, nor have the heart to spend 1000`s of dollars my first months.

But i have 6* Dana allready, what other decent 6* could i get for 200? and how many do i need?

I figure, after i have okay cards the goal must be to buy loads during an event to aim for winning a 7*? Smile

I know for sure, i will never ever pay another player more than 100bucks for a card, rather spam lotto for 1000bucks then and aim for a 7* that way, or win it with leftover event items after spamming.

It`s just hard to be sure if ppl are honest with prices, but i had a peek at fantasicatrade. and i like the setup, seeing many cards of the same kind with different prices, from different players, give a better sense of what it`s actually worth. (Obviously afraid of overpaying if i buy from others)
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:42 pm

svenelementz wrote:

Edit: I want expensive 6* that`s why i figured event ones sell good, so i could trade them inn for MLB good regular 6*

In the end i want 1 or 2 7* and a perfect team og iron wall 6* for defence and atk and whatnot hehe :p
A great way to look up the asking/market price for a card is reviewing the Trading forums on this site FIRST. From there, other people can direct you to trading-specific sites like Fantasitrade. There you can see who is listing units for the cheapest and negotiate from there.

Getting a valuable, tradeworthy card is a catch-22. There's a reason some 6*'s command a higher asking price than others, which means you'll want them on your team to ensure success. In my example before, I pulled 2 Aksana's recently. Back-to-back out of 2 boxes. On the one hand, that's 400TE+ worth of value for ~$60, far exceeding the $400+ I would have had to spend in TE to trade for it in a vacuum. But it was pure luck - enhanced only by my x10 roulette super charge.

Do I want to be competitive and keep an Aksana? Both? Or do I want the cards I want like Benedicta, Paris, Magnus, Cosmos, and so on.
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:53 pm

xfalconhunterx wrote:
svenelementz wrote:

A great way to look up the asking/market price for a card is reviewing the Trading forums on this site FIRST. From there, other people can direct you to trading-specific sites like Fantasitrade. There you can see who is listing units for the cheapest and negotiate from there.

Getting a valuable, tradeworthy card is a catch-22. There's a reason some 6*'s command a higher asking price than others, which means you'll want them on your team to ensure success. In my example before, I pulled 2 Aksana's recently. Back-to-back out of 2 boxes. On the one hand, that's 400TE+ worth of value for ~$60, far exceeding the $400+ I would have had to spend in TE to trade for it in a vacuum. But it was pure luck - enhanced only by my x10 roulette super charge.

Do I want to be competitive and keep an Aksana? Both? Or do I want the cards I want like Benedicta, Paris, Magnus, Cosmos, and so on.

What i find hard with this game, is finding out how i come to my own conclusions, and how you find yours, and why you select the cards you do?

It`s hard to evaluate every 5* and up card to figrure out stats, atk speed, skill, hp and eventual arena skill (if the unit has one)  

Like some i see are into arts, so they select cards according to what they think looks pretty.
Personaly, i could not care less. I want good ones, so i figure expensive is often good, but i doubt it`s the case every time.  I have seen an elisabeth 5* going for around 350TE wich makes no sense to me..

I really wish some player could list like the top 10 atk and def cards to use for fight`s.

Oh, and about your 2 aksana, i know they have iron wall and are very sought after. But, what is the reason you would consider selling them for other cards? I mean, in the end, wouldnt you just want the total package? keeping them, AND getting your dream cards? Smile

Gratz on the lucky pull aswell, hehe Smile
And thanks, for givining me some of you`re time Smile
Back to top Go down
Lukulli

Lukulli

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:46 am

I would push my 5*s up first.
Lvl 60 is a bit low. If you get them to 100, i assume your damage would be much better and you would have better chance for higher ranks in events.
You also could sell your maxed 5*s for 10TE+, so you wouldnt have to spend so much money Wink
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks Smile btw, my ally has same name se you,lukulli Smile do u use a 6* leader of a blue guy with a gitar?
Back to top Go down
Lukulli

Lukulli

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:21 am

hehe, yeah thats me Smile
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:42 am

It's a small world in fantasica Smile
Oh, i wanted to mention i saw you talking ti yourself regarding the new giftgiving event:)
You have written on your own wall, instead og going to "ally" first, then write to all from there Smile
Back to top Go down
Lukulli

Lukulli

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 am

lol, thanks for the advice... i guess i did a lot of talking to my self Smile
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 am

Hehe, glad to help Smile haha, for what it's worth iv done the same before i figured it out here on the forums :p
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 am

The card I would look into are the utility cards and cards that have a decent speed and DC cost.

Like for colo, B speed slow is a must if you are a mid or lower tier team. They can win the game for you if they proc. Even at a 4/5* rarity, they are very useful to have in the team.
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 am

That's good advice, i will try to pay attention for speed and dc cost.
Thank you Smile

Oh, and i like your avatar! The first and only 6* i have pulled, and currently lvling:)
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 pm

You probably need at least 1 heavy hitter in colo. You could try mixing your team with 1 or 2 6* heavy hitters & rest is 5*(4* also works) B+ speed slowers. It's also nice if you have 6* allies.

I'm not sure if you're a beginner but one thing wrong I see that some other beginners are doing is that they try to rank from the get go. I'd really advise them to acquire better units first through trade before ranking.
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:49 pm

ForLulzz wrote:
You probably need at least 1 heavy hitter in colo. You could try mixing your team with 1 or 2 6* heavy hitters & rest is 5*(4* also works) B+ speed slowers. It's also nice if you have 6* allies.

I'm not sure if you're a beginner but one thing wrong I see that some other beginners are doing is that they try to rank from the get go. I'd really advise them to acquire better units first through trade before ranking.
I absolutely agree with this.

Use your time to accumulate a stash of te(p) and pots(p) to use in future events. The reward will come after a while. The first few month will stink as you do not have anything. It took me a few months before I had enough tradeable TE and pots to win a 6* from an auction, which I use to obtain a ranked 6* weeks later.

Alot of this game is just planning for a future event. Use your first time in a type of event to understand how to optimize and understand the scenarios going only for any easy te, pots, and goddesses.
Back to top Go down
Lukulli

Lukulli

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:07 pm

xbLux wrote:

Use your time to accumulate a stash of te(p) and pots(p) to use in future events. The reward will come after a while. The first few month will stink as you do not have anything. It took me a few months before I had enough tradeable TE and pots to win a 6* from an auction, which I use to obtain a ranked 6* weeks later.

Alot of this game is just planning for a future event. Use your first time in a type of event to understand how to optimize and understand the scenarios going only for any easy te, pots, and goddesses.
It was this guild event, that i became aware, of better to save my staff.
I had a bit of bad luck with my guild, because in most of the fights there were only two or three members actually fighting. I tried to win the fights anyway using a lot of pots, which was like running against a wall....
Back to top Go down
svenelementz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 pm

I would call myself a beginner, hehe Smile Just played a for a few months, and i have sorta done the mistake that you mention, forlulzz. I mainly bought tons of packs to hope for a 7 during step up packs.

I ended up with a bunch of 5*s and *6 Dana wich i`m happy with. But, i understand she is not the best, a member said she was a good starter tho.

Atm i have

6* Dana lvl 111
5* Emma 110
5* Joachim 96
5* Scrif 66
5* Crimine 120
5* Serafiina 4
5*Etherium 57
5*Curious 55
5* Apsara 1

I have 1 zenobia lvl 30 and straf lvl 19 I was considering lvling them since ppl mention iron wall is very good for def... Should i? or should i go for buying some of the lion i see ppl sell for around 10Te?

Sorry for all the questions, and i really appriciate that you all take the time to make me advance from beginner to perhaps intermediate hehe Smile

And i do have 200TE to spend on friday, so really unsure what i should do there.
Some mentioned morticia that i should get?
I like the arts on a unit called vlad, and seems cheap but not sure.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:42 pm

svenelementz wrote:
I would call myself a beginner, hehe Smile  Just played a for a few months, and i have sorta done the mistake that you mention, forlulzz. I mainly bought tons of packs to hope for a 7 during step up packs.

I ended up with a bunch of 5*s and *6 Dana wich i`m happy with. But, i understand she is not the best, a member said she was a good starter tho.

Atm i have

6* Dana lvl 111
5* Emma 110
5* Joachim 96
5* Scrif 66
5* Crimine 120
5* Serafiina 4
5*Etherium 57
5*Curious 55
5* Apsara 1

I have 1 zenobia lvl 30 and straf lvl 19   I was considering lvling them since ppl mention iron wall is very good for def... Should i? or should i go for buying some of the lion i see ppl sell for around 10Te?

Sorry for all the questions, and i really appriciate that you all take the time to make me advance from beginner to perhaps intermediate hehe Smile

And i do have 200TE to spend on friday, so really unsure what i should do there.
Some mentioned morticia that i should get?
I like the arts on a unit called vlad, and seems cheap but not sure.
you could pick up vlad + mort together for under 100te
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some advice   Looking for some advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for some advice
Page 1 of 1