Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Event Party Advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blive4000

blive4000

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Just got a few questions and would also like some tips/advice on forming a party for future events. Only been playing for a month and a half and still havent got all the tricks down.

1) land attack is all that matters for these events right?
2) Do wins against players only count for what you personally start and win or do players who lose to you count towards your total win count? (ive seen lots of people with a shitty 3* or 4* as lead end up having like 4 6* on their party and i cant think why theyd do that other than to eff their allies)
3) Are there different type of party events or are they all like the Key of Goetia? If so, any general tips?

Lastly, ive got:
MAX Plautia cost 25, KB 5, Lnd Att 51k, spd D
Max Kyo, cost 15, Poi 5, Lnd Att 30kish, spd B
Max Hilde, cost 25, AA 5, Lnd Att 37k, Spd E
Max Meg, cost 25, Poi 5, Lnd Att 33kish, Spd C
Max Yuki, cost 30, KB 5, Lnd Att 35k, Spd D
and plan to use a Max Estlin, cost 10, SL 4, Lnd att 17k i think, Spd D

Basically what would you do with this. Im saving for a Edgar and Laura, and praying for a cheap Heidi to materialize. I plan to use hilde as trade fodder for something unless you guys think she is a ringer. also id like to have Meg and Yuki replaced for some viable options but they are a pain to trade off for now so ill prob have to use one of em.

Please let me know possible make ups, cards i should try to get my hands on that are reasonable to get, any cards you think are worthless? Thread somewhere that answers all this you could point me to. Any advice would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 am

1. Land attack is not all that matters. We've been discussing this in the event party advice thread I started the other day: https://fantasica.forumotion.com/t1763-party-advice

struesdell came up with this formula in his theorycrafting thread: https://fantasica.forumotion.com/t211-struesdell-s-theorycrafting

(HighestDamageStat*SkillModifiers)+(.25*((MiddleDamageStat*SkillModifiers)+(LowestDamageStat*SkillModifiers))

2. I believe the victory count only considers battles that you have initiated and won, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

I assumed player's who fielded weak leaders hiding much stronger units in their party and allies were doing so to bait players to attack them. Even if they wouldn't get victory points for a successful defense, you've wasted time on an unsuccessful battle and have to deal with the cooldown, reducing your ability to score victory points.

Assuming these are the only units you'd want to field I think your 100 point party would have to be:

Plautia / 25 / KB 5 / D
Kyo / 15 / Poi 5 / B
Hilde / 25 / AA 5 / E
Meg / 25 / Poi 5 / C
Estlin / 10 / SL 4 / D

You just can't afford Yuki's 30 point cost and still deploy 5 units. As discussed elsewhere, most of us agree that it's better to field a full 5 units rather than opt for a high-cost unit that will limit you to 4 units.

I highly recommend checking out Dnonamus' unit strength list for his perspective on Quest vs. Boss vs. Event values of all the cards. https://fantasica.forumotion.com/t1743-spreadsheet-dnonamus-unit-strength-list

Ultimately, choosing cards and assembling a party is a subjective process involving how you value certain skills, overall max stats, and/or appearance, but there has been plenty of data analysis that lends itself to certain basic assumptions about unit effectiveness.
Back to top Go down
blive4000

blive4000

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

thanks for the response, i wasnt sure whether to go with struesdells list because i thought that only one stat mattered for these events. lol and i only glossed over your topic because all those 6* in your list made it seem like it wasnt the place for me Razz
well itll prob be a few events before ill be top 200 competitive anyway but this will definatly help me with what cards i upgrade to in the future.

Ill def give your topic a second look!
Back to top Go down
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 am

blive4000 wrote:
thanks for the response, i wasnt sure whether to go with struesdells list because i thought that only one stat mattered for these events. lol and i only glossed over your topic because all those 6* in your list made it seem like it wasnt the place for me Razz
well itll prob be a few events before ill be top 200 competitive anyway but this will definatly help me with what cards i upgrade to in the future.

Ill def give your topic a second look!

Actually, Nina is my only 6*, and Werewolf and Vivi are my only 5*. The cards I listed are all 4*.

The reason why I started my thread was to get some perspective on whether Vivi and Django were still optimal choices for my lineup, or if there were two 4* in my collection that could yield better results.

Basically, I need to level Werewolf before the next event, and need to decide what other two cards to level as well.
Back to top Go down
blive4000

blive4000

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 am

lol yeah guess i REALLY glossed over it Razz

but since youre looking at this i picked up a few other cards,

Alfonso
Achillea
got rid of yuki for mihiro

i was thinking
Plau, 25,KB, D
Kyo,15,Poi,B
Achillea, 20, KB,B
Mihi, 25, Sl, D
Alfonso, 15, Sl,C

think 2 sl 2KB and a poi are a good setup? or is it better to stack more of 1 ability. I figure slow might be good since i have a few faster units

ive seen people say KB AA> poi SL> AB
as well as KB SL>Poi AA> AB
Back to top Go down
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm

That's a pretty decent lineup. I already have or want to collect all of those cards myself.

I've been using Achillea quite a bit. Her B speed usually lets her get in the first hit, and so if her KB triggers, my opponent's fastest cards get bumped down the queue. Mihiro is one of the more attractive Princesses, and she's pretty strong all around. Her stats are higher than Yuki's, attack type, speed and range are the same, but her cost is lower. While I generally think KB > slow, I think that trade gives you a stronger lineup. Please don't base your trading behavior on my advice tho, I usually only dable in trading at the 4* level.

Ultimately the biggest debate is always which skills are the most effective and therefore how to prioritize them in your lineup.

KB is most likely to be considered the best skill, because it prevents your enemy from attacking as often and allows you to attack more often and sooner. I would say AA is the most contentious, because while it can inflict serious additional damage, skills don't always trigger. IMO, most of the AA units also have significant disadvantages in other areas, usually D/E speed and 25/30 cost.

I used to value slow over poison, but there are some pretty strong poison advocates out there who are doing their best to sway my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Event Party Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Party Advice   Event Party Advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Party Advice
Page 1 of 1