Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]

Go down 
+154
animateex
sychosys
frigidwind
xtaroux
memorandia
whitehayate
Skipmode24
uNeAkAzN
arielvin
Br4dford
ehrik
Reesiz
Despoted
song414
Ghost_Star
DaevaNec
Nailah
devilishpikachu
Tshwanichick
Rilthalas
Lmrt
sagemacleod
MajinKoba
Akisu
Shirinights
po1102
Byakko
Bsalza
visionofthegods
DariusReg
Hadrael
DayXNight
LatinLegacy
ragnarok
Tomoya85kun
Thalasar
Linmorn
dakkon107
dcubed08
Valhades
supersmashedbros
Allmarx
prinsje
Player9988
Nucklez
BadEndNight
jpzchaos14
chidoriyourface
XiaoLongBao
Gen137
snofuzz
FastfoodJesus
Alithair
Rayden171
danaerys13
wadtomaton
Loveapplesss
Stoire
ryukerz
Sladestar
Varis
sdzonlic
larrydust
winelight
Sethala
exia02
j0k3r3r
steakjuice
Mellow
Xiei
Rakath
Spark
Gunzlinger
xDeltasLight
succubus
Rapicell
furoki
motoh
Secksisushi
Arkinian
akwila99
fidyyuan
xl_astros_lx
Space Butler
GAKUBUN
r3mix
jant0y
shaolin312
timlai1209
digitalsynner
sagecx
orionknight
chris58jo
Wheatmidge
cymophane
mslbm
myad
memphiskite
Sientara
sharpyzu
xionnguyen
AaronIsNerd
ATROPEX
Dannupa
predator852
smr010
gutochan
tmelloi
Cyde
sultunpepper
brokenchicken
aszutai
MiyamaMizuki
cmud2007
alley1221
Shokkeru
Kyliexh
aquCHAOS
Grimblade88
airporkk
superficial
Blargod
Katybug99
profile4
Danaerys83
bobchuti
snappycow
conductings
chaosbladeuk
Lydia_H_Christ
KillianBlack
jmrrice
kelvshum2990
pnoytroi
jsherman
Evageek
Rhyan
duhmichael17
tsunonlau
NapkinPower
aniken671
Whenesday
Cam
monkeyagent3
Avyel
Pinion
clocksprocket
Lanjin559
Admin
zoebeagle
Xzaral
Ruego
basiliskeye
ElysianField
158 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
tmelloi

tmelloi

[EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 am

ElysianField wrote:
17 to 21 is New

where are you using your pots?
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 am

tmelloi wrote:
OMG i just finished 18 training and a 19 opens XD how many new training grouds they added? O.O

Training grounds are increased to 20
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:25 am

Training grounds are increased to 21... ^
Back to top Go down
jsherman
☆☆
jsherman

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:35 am

ElysianField wrote:

Elys - what training level are you using?
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 am

ElysianField wrote:

Agh my bad, yeap 21!
Back to top Go down
BadEndNight
☆☆☆
BadEndNight

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 am

I wonder if the hunter of darkness skill is useful on them...since they are 'boss' in training Smile
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 am

BadEndNight wrote:
I wonder if the hunter of darkness skill is useful on them...since they are 'boss' in training Smile

This only works for training bosses. The boss formats are more like Demon Tower/Black Dragon Castle bosses, where the Hunter of Darkness skill doesn't apply.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am

i'm doing 21-5
Back to top Go down
jpzchaos14

jpzchaos14

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:36 am

what is the best level in the training to get more nightmare and consume less training points?
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:53 am

i get more bosses in 21-5 than any other episode

so i have to say the higher the better
Back to top Go down
aniken671
☆☆
aniken671

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

^^ yupp i usually get 2-4 nightmare run ins a full tp run.

helps to have your tp maxed out to 300 Razz
Back to top Go down
supersmashedbros

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

aniken671 wrote:

...you forgot to mention which training level you're referring to
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:40 am

...apparently the monsters don't max out at Lv120 either, doesn't look like there is a cap. My Ghost and Witch are around Lv 130~ now. It's gotten to the point that it's no longer worth doing them -- It takes 4-5 rounds (with max top tier 6*s), which is almost 1 potion entirely, for only 120 BT points. On the other hand, Vampiress gives me 900 now so I'm better off skipping until I get her.

Poorly thought out event, monsters shouldn't be growing indefinitely. Once they level up enough, you really have no reason to fight weaker monsters anymore because their poor BT Point scaling with the difficulty increase.

My BT point climb is slowing down now due to the difficulty increase so I suspect that most of the people at the top of the leader board have dropped more than $500 already (2 days into the event) because the Sweet Candy BT Points are a flat amount and don't influence monster levels. I'd even wager that most of the players in the top 10 have about the same monster levels as myself (or lower) -- This event appears to be another huge money blowing event like Fire of Apocalypse because of the indefinitely scaling difficulty. At the moment I'm sitting at Rank 16 about 15k BT Points behind 10th (about 2 Candies), I've already dropped about $210 on boxes for the candies. The winners will likely be a combination of grinding pots (to the point its no longer worth it), then the ones with the most Sweet Candies will be the top 50 (estimating $700-1500 by the end of the event).

I suspect anyone hoping to get Halloween Monica without a decent number of Sweet Candies and only Potions will quickly find themselves screwed once their monsters start reaching level 100.
Back to top Go down
aniken671
☆☆
aniken671

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am

supersmashedbros wrote:
aniken671 wrote:

...you forgot to mention which training level you're referring to

oops was referring to elysians post...but then i guess it went to the next page. lol

ElysianField wrote:
i get more bosses in 21-5 than any other episode

so i have to say the higher the better
Back to top Go down
aniken671
☆☆
aniken671

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

daymm thats a whole lotta moneys being thrown down for a couple cards. Shocked
Back to top Go down
supersmashedbros

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 am

Valhades, which training level are you using?

21-5?
Back to top Go down
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am

Grrrrr, browser just crashed before posting my elaborate drop rate comparison for the new training episodes. The chance of encountering each type of monster and overall encounter rate seems to be consistent across episodes, so I can't say it appears that later levels are better to grind. I am going to assess encounter rates for individual levels to see if I can verify that 21-5 might have a better encounter rate, or if there is another level with a better TP-to-nightmare ratio.
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 am

supersmashedbros wrote:
Valhades, which training level are you using?

21-5?

None in particular, mostly 10-4 and 21-5. Encounter rates are generally the same for all monster types (ie. you will not encounter Vampiress more often in 21-5 than 1-1).

The formula to determine encounters is likely scaled with the TP cost although with higher TP costs you can burn your TP faster. However, you have less theoretical chances to encounter something (despite the chance being higher).
Back to top Go down
mslbm
☆☆☆☆
mslbm

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 am

Valhades how many lantern have you got at the moment?
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you for the Heads up Valhades!
I would have tried for monica and failed miserably.
My goal now is just to get a werewolf and possibly Helmut.
Back to top Go down
Sethala
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Valhades wrote:
...apparently the monsters don't max out at Lv120 either, doesn't look like there is a cap. My Ghost and Witch are around Lv 130~ now. It's gotten to the point that it's no longer worth doing them -- It takes 4-5 rounds (with max top tier 6*s), which is almost 1 potion entirely, for only 120 BT points. On the other hand, Vampiress gives me 900 now so I'm better off skipping until I get her.

Poorly thought out event, monsters shouldn't be growing indefinitely. Once they level up enough, you really have no reason to fight weaker monsters anymore because their poor BT Point scaling with the difficulty increase.

My BT point climb is slowing down now due to the difficulty increase so I suspect that most of the people at the top of the leader board have dropped more than $500 already (2 days into the event) because the Sweet Candy BT Points are a flat amount and don't influence monster levels. I'd even wager that most of the players in the top 10 have about the same monster levels as myself (or lower) -- This event appears to be another huge money blowing event like Fire of Apocalypse because of the indefinitely scaling difficulty. At the moment I'm sitting at Rank 16 about 15k BT Points behind 10th (about 2 Candies), I've already dropped about $210 on boxes for the candies. The winners will likely be a combination of grinding pots (to the point its no longer worth it), then the ones with the most Sweet Candies will be the top 50 (estimating $700-1500 by the end of the event).

I suspect anyone hoping to get Halloween Monica without a decent number of Sweet Candies and only Potions will quickly find themselves screwed once their monsters start reaching level 100.

Personally, I think I like the infinite scaling, as it puts a bit of a cap on how effective cash things are, but the mistake is also having a second way to gain points that doesn't scale difficulty (in this case, the candy).

I do wish it were easier to get the higher jack-o-lantern rewards, though. I'm already losing out on getting the rank stuff by not dropping cash/not having pro units, not being able to get the hidden rewards like this either feels like a slap in the face. :/
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 pm

This event has me pretty much on the verge of just giving up. It's nice they're going to make the werewolf so available, but at the same time it looks to end up like Sonia where no one will want one, it'll be so common (maybe not quite as bad).

I managed a decent rank with Black Dragon Castle with a time investment, managing rank 90 in it with only 3 TE spent on it. The Key of Getia I burned quite a few TE, but managed to get quite a few back from it, and made a profit on them in the end while getting decent ranks as well (95 BT side, 116 PVP side).

This event sure, it offers a 6*, but I just can't see a casual playing getting it at all, even with a massive time investment and the one megabox I bought.

I personally am going to keep pushing on until the end, see if lantern increases make it at all worthwhile to get at least close. But at this point, I think I may end up skipping the next carrot and going to another restaurant if this is the direction of their event design.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Feels more or less the same as everyone else, this event's price are nice. The event itself, much less so =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
tmelloi

tmelloi

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

I wish those candies were in the mega packs... at least we would get market floaded with 5*6* like in the fire event!
Back to top Go down
steakjuice

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 pm

tmelloi wrote:
I wish those candies were in the mega packs... at least we would get market floaded with 5*6* like in the fire event!
Well, potions seem to be the new hotness with this event, so there's still incentive to buy a Premium Mega Box.
Xzaral wrote:
This event has me pretty much on the verge of just giving up. It's nice they're going to make the werewolf so available, but at the same time it looks to end up like Sonia where no one will want one, it'll be so common (maybe not quite as bad).

I managed a decent rank with Black Dragon Castle with a time investment, managing rank 90 in it with only 3 TE spent on it. The Key of Getia I burned quite a few TE, but managed to get quite a few back from it, and made a profit on them in the end while getting decent ranks as well (95 BT side, 116 PVP side).

This event sure, it offers a 6*, but I just can't see a casual playing getting it at all, even with a massive time investment and the one megabox I bought.

I personally am going to keep pushing on until the end, see if lantern increases make it at all worthwhile to get at least close. But at this point, I think I may end up skipping the next carrot and going to another restaurant if this is the direction of their event design.
I've just started playing, so I've only done this event and KoG. KoG was a great event for a free player, felt like you could accomplish a fair deal more without having to pay a penny. This Halloween event feels grossly skewed toward paying players. Now, I'm not so unreasonable to believe that free players should be able to compete for top ranks, but this particular event smells of being a shameless cash grab.

There are people who have dumped hundreds of dollars into this event who won't be able to get Halloween Monica. This is the pay2win model at its worst.

Last edited by steakjuice on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]   [EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7] - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] It Came From Halloween! [Oct 31 - Nov 7]
Page 21 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next