Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
detrickster

Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question Empty
PostSubject: Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question   Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:30 pm

On the pirate seas boss encounters, I was very confused about the damage determination of my heroes. Dresden would do half of his sea damage, but Lacus would do 1/4th?? Additionally, Dresden got in more attacks before he would die from the 3 boss hits than others with a higher "Speed" letter. Can anyone explain this for me?
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question   Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Sure, I can try.

Are you talking about Arcelia specifically or all the bosses? Each boss has different type resistances. I'm not sure exactly, but those resistances may be a range (like how letter speed is a range). If you're just talking about Arcelia (which I'm guessing you are, since you mention "3 boss hits"), her missile and magic resistances are the same letter, but if the range theory is true (help, someone!), then they are not the *exact* same.

Speaking of which, speed of attacks is a range, as I just mentioned. But I suspect that even those speed ranges for each unit may vary between unit type (e.g. C speed missile range may be from X-Y, whereas C speed magic may be from X+1 to Y+1; mind you, these are arbitrary figures with no units used for illustrative purposes). Also, there's another theory (help!) that units with area attack take even longer, because there's the additional explosion animation.
Back to top Go down

Pirate Boss attacking player damage calculation question
Page 1 of 1