Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Damage per second question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thetaii

Thetaii

Damage per second question Empty
PostSubject: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:04 pm

I have few questions related to damage per second of units.

First are the air, land and sea numbers for each unit the maximum damage a unit can do?

Second is that I know that each unit has different speeds of their attacks which depend on the speed letter rating. Considering this it seems logical that a higher speed unit, even with a lower attack, may actually do more damage than a higher attack unit with a lower speed rating. Would this conclusion be correct?
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:16 pm

The attack value of each unit isn't their maximum output, but it's close. Some units have negative defense values on land/air/water which means you'll go over that number.

Speed letter only holds true in arena, in all other aspect of the game, the actual attack speed is different. A shining example of this is Monica, who's attack speed rating is more like a B- than a D. For the record, most mage atk speed vary a lot, for some reason fantasica decided that all mages (with a few exceptions) will be D speed regardless of their actual attack speed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm

1. that is relatively true, as long as the monster's damage resist is low, you should be able to deal full damage listed on the card. but some cards have weaknesses, so you'll hit more on certain monsters.

2. faster = more hits Razz but some units vary
Back to top Go down
Thetaii

Thetaii

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Aszutai are you saying that the monsters I'm attacking have negative defense values based on air/land/sea or that my actual units have such negative defense values?

Snowtempest what you're saying is basically what I thought to be the case.

Aszutai I never knew about the speed letter being only in effect in arenas. So would this current training/boss event have nothing to do with speed ratings on units?

Also Snowtempest it seems you're saying that speed letter ratings are always in effect?

Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Monsters have negative value, if you use a mage say on a Kraken, you'll hit more than the listed damage on your unit.

i would see the letters as a guide, not too much on based on speed. Though, its probably accurate for melee since they hit right away. But for units like Christmas Debbie, Alexander, the speed rating i have to say it probably inaccurate.
Chirstmas Debbie hits about like 10-11 times, but is in fact possibly slower than a D speed unit because she has to hit several times then cooldown.
Alexander is ridiculous, his projectile is so slow its more like a F speed then a E Speed (Fail speed Razz)

Speed ratings affect arena the most because its based on speed, not how fast your unit hits. Think of it Final Fantasy style or like a turn based game. The higher the speed rating, the faster in turn the unit gets to hit.
Back to top Go down
byu1680

byu1680

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Thetaii wrote:
Aszutai are you saying that the monsters I'm attacking have negative defense values based on air/land/sea or that my actual units have such negative defense values?

Snowtempest what you're saying is basically what I thought to be the case.

Aszutai I never knew about the speed letter being only in effect in arenas. So would this current training/boss event have nothing to do with speed ratings on units?

Also Snowtempest it seems you're saying that speed letter ratings are always in effect?

He means the monsters have negative defense values not your units.

(Boss modifiers:

Melee/Missile/Magic

Hugues: 1.05/0.90/1.05
Margot: 0.95/0.95/1.10
Adele: 1.15/1.00/0.60)

The above data is taken from the current event. If you take Hughes for example when you use a melee or magic unit on him the damage that your unit does is multiplied by 1.05x which causes the damage done to be higher than what is listed for the unit.

And yes, outside of arena the letter grades make little difference. Speeds vary greatly even in cases of the same letter grade. As Azutai said Monica, despite having a D letter grade for speed, actually attacks much faster in battle, the letter grade doesn't translate to actual speed of attack in battle.

It applies to arena because the letter grade determines the order in which units attack which simply goes S>A>B>C>D>E.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:48 pm

^ what byu1680 said XD

Edit:

I should probably do a small correction here, it's not like the unit letter speed rating is completely inaccurate. They are decent ballpark estimates of an unit's attack speed (except for Mage types). Also be aware of units that have multi attack animations as well, since their animation tend to be more drawn out and thus are a bit slower than other units.

Lol, I feel like I just opened a whole can of worms. There's actually been quite a few topics on unit's actual speed if you look around. BK made a dps table of the 6* units as well, based on their actual dps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damage per second question   Damage per second question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damage per second question
Page 1 of 1