Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*

Go down 
+26
The Prince of Ra
deeception
po1102
mu0387
Vaati
Shiny Danmaku
Ryosuke
Sterlymobile
krisahmeng
Hajkster
lucentSwallowtail
EverCheYoung
Minowara
Timed
xfalconhunterx
ladyramza
Roanmarvel
ForLulzz
NapkinPower
KuroStar
GnatB
LuziMiazawa
M60A1
Amasuro
Spacebug
AzakaZero
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 am

AzakaZero wrote:
Awesome news! Wish they'd update the wiki, though. But as long as it's not panel or gifting I'm a happy player!

If you want to put a name for those two events, it is "Full Bloom Spring Scenery" for the raising event; and "Regios" Battle (not sure if it has any special meaning or just a random name) for the new type of event.

Btw, I would love to have a panel event now... Right now, I get irritated whether I look at my inbox or need to dig something out from my inbox...
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:04 am

Ryosuke wrote:
AzakaZero wrote:
Awesome news! Wish they'd update the wiki, though. But as long as it's not panel or gifting I'm a happy player!

If you want to put a name for those two events, it is "Full Bloom Spring Scenery" for the raising event; and "Regios" Battle (not sure if it has any special meaning or just a random name) for the new type of event.

Btw, I would love to have a panel event now... Right now, I get irritated whether I look at my inbox or need to dig something out from my inbox...

Thanks!

Well, panels are good for that I suppose. And for taking a break. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:15 am

AzakaZero wrote:
Edit: Ryosuke, as you are able to read some Japanese, would you take a stab at translating the names of these two events? I listed these events as "not translated" in the list for now but would rather have some names for them.

tbh, Japanese is not that difficult to read. I have never taken a class on Japanese before, but I learned a lot by playing Japanese games and watching anime. Also, very often, if you pronounce the word syllable by syllable you will end up getting an English word...

For instance, if you pronounce the sentence for at the bottom of the screenshot for the invasion event, it is pronounced as:

RI A RU TA I MU BA TO RU

Group it like this "RI A RU" "TA I MU" "BA TO RU" and you get Real Time Battle out of it.
Back to top Go down
Shiny Danmaku

Shiny Danmaku

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:57 am

Ryosuke wrote:
AzakaZero wrote:

Regios battle should be Legion Battle. The katakana "n" and "so" almost look the same so it can be hard to differentiate between them.
戦乱の散華 is "scattering flowers of war", or something like that. Not sure of the meaning last two kanji.
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:25 am

Shiny Danmaku wrote:
Regios battle should be Legion Battle. The katakana "n" and "so" almost look the same so it can be hard to differentiate between them.
戦乱の散華 is "scattering flowers of war", or something like that. Not sure of the meaning last two kanji.

Thanks for the correction. "Legion" makes much more sense than a random name like "Regios".

About the Kanji, like you said, it means "scattering flowers of war". I am curious about what it actually mean so I dig up some info from Japanese wiki. According to the wiki, scattering flower is originally something that people do to worship the Buddism Gods, but it is also an indirect/beautified way to say that someone has "died in a battle".

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%95%A3%E8%8F%AF[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:37 pm

KuroStar wrote:
Ryosuke wrote:
New event in JP. Seems like it is another new type of event. Not sure why they didn't update the jp wiki though:

Spoiler:

Edit: The above event apparently will be the next event in jp. The current event is a popularity raising event, but instead of raising a pet, you are going to be raising a girl...

Spoiler:

A RAISING EVENT! I SHALL RANK IN THIS EVENT! I think...

And that new event... what could it be... maybe I'll call this event Invasion cause that was my first impression but I'll wait for more details...

I could lend you my fancy new Gregory if you're planning to rank on that event. Send me a PM and we'll talk better about it, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Have they wholesale changed and event on us before like they did with 'To Catch a Thief'? I can understand that there were probably technical concerns with 4 shared bosses, but I don't like the idea that new and exciting events can be repackaged into the same-old stuff we've had before...

Although if they change all future Training events into Raising or Popularity events I won't complain =p.
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 am

Roanmarvel wrote:
Have they wholesale changed and event on us before like they did with 'To Catch a Thief'?  I can understand that there were probably technical concerns with 4 shared bosses, but I don't like the idea that new and exciting events can be repackaged into the same-old stuff we've had before...

Although if they change all future Training events into Raising or Popularity events I won't complain =p.

As far as I know this is the biggest change they've done so far. It can be due to a number of reasons but most probably it did not work out in Japan. And if they are never coming back to that event type then it makes sense to not waste resources on translating it.

Personally I'd take a new bad event over an old worn-out one any day, just to see something new, but you know, it's their bottom line that decides.

Apart from that they make smaller changes to events all the time, like how GW is split into two brackets in Japan but not here, they change rewards, event length, etc.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:17 am

AzakaZero wrote:
Roanmarvel wrote:
Have they wholesale changed and event on us before like they did with 'To Catch a Thief'?  I can understand that there were probably technical concerns with 4 shared bosses, but I don't like the idea that new and exciting events can be repackaged into the same-old stuff we've had before...

As far as I know this is the biggest change they've done so far. It can be due to a number of reasons but most probably it did not work out in Japan. And if they are never coming back to that event type then it makes sense to not waste resources on translating it.

Personally I'd take a new bad event over an old worn-out one any day, just to see something new, but you know, it's their bottom line that decides.

Apart from that they make smaller changes to events all the time, like how GW is split into two brackets in Japan but not here, they change rewards, event length, etc.

My guess is that this never worked out well for Japan. When this event was announced, a lot of people were fussing over the schedule because the players knew they can't attend all the battles against the thieves due to work and other commitments.

This event probably got a lot of negative feedback and we're probably never see this type... unless Japan decides to release another event of the same type in Japan, then I may be wrong.

Training Event... hmm... I guess the new thing is that it is much more easier to farm the Limited Boss for HP, not that it helps getting the 6* this time round but mainly for EXP. (But at least it is grindable to get Salome). Another thing I like is that a lot of Warrants are being given out this time round.

To top it up with the other 2 training events this month, the Board Event and the Panel Event (with pure rewards that were virtually impossible to get), we're getting a lot of pures this month :3. What's more ridiculous is that the market is worst now, ppl don't care about stats and just determine price by whether its LE or not.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 pm

AzakaZero wrote:

My guess is having the training at set times *may* have worked ok on the jp side in a single time zone, but they realized there would be no way in heck it'd work in the international version... though I'd be inclined to argue the same is true of guild war, but we keep seeing those. Maybe because they're simply too dumb to think of a solution to the issue in GW?
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm

AzakaZero wrote:
Thanks for the interpretation Ryosuke, much appreciated!

And speaking of the JP wiki they are long overdue (4 days now) for an update, makes you wonder what happened...

It's probably just a conspiracy theory I'm cooking up after a period of boredom at work (nm going on), but maybe the company somehow made them stop updating so they keep the international players guessing and unable to plan ahead >=3

...haha, just kidding. Really, I am kind of sad about this. I want to admire the art for all the new cards that will be coming out. Like the pink-haired cutie from the raising event and the blond pigtails girl in white for the GW.
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Got a few more screenshots for the Legion battle event. I will post them up later.

Spoiler:

As you can see, the battle consists of 300 DC and up to 15 units...

Quick summary about the new real time battle system:
- There is a action point gauge (max=4). 1 AP recovers every 2 seconds.
- You can perform 4 different actions: Defense costs 1 AP, Normal attack costs 2 AP, Skill attack costs 3 AP, and Special attack costs 4 AP.
- Basically, it is similar to the battle system of RPG like Final Fantasy
Back to top Go down
mu0387

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:33 am

The Legion Battle event is a cross of arena / colosseum (to some extent) and regular training events.  There are three areas you can pick to plow through, each with enemy units with a particular weakness - i.e., land, air or water.  Note that there is an automatic team formation button which you can utilize to have the system pull together a team consisting of units which provide you with the highest overall / land / sea / air attack rating.  You utilize training points to roll through the levels and randomly encounter bosses which, when defeated, award you points.  At this point in time, it is speculated that it is better to focus solely on one area as doing so appears to allow you to encounter higher level bosses which give a greater amount of points.

By pulling an event unit and using it as your leader, your boss encounter rate increases as well as the total number of points received per boss defeated.  Every so often, you may run into an "Arch Enemy" which is much tougher than regular bosses and also gives you significantly more points.  You can "share" these Arch Enemies by pushing the "Request Help" button at which time your boss becomes open for your allies to attack as well.

Similar to training events, there are event items that you can use when allies send a help request to earn extra points.  And, there are event items that you can use when attacking a boss to increase your damage by a certain multiplier.  These event items can be earned by pulling packs or by achieving a certain amount of event points.

As for the battle system, there is also an auto mode which can be selected for those too lazy to manually select the commands.  Auto mode also seems to speed up the overall battle animation / time although some argue that battling manually, if done correctly, allows you to inflict more damage on bosses than auto mode.

Edit: Forgot to add that there is a counter above the enemy's head which shows how many more turns there are before they attack. Slow doesn't seem to affect this although Knockback is very effective in this event as it resets the enemy's counter completely. Poison also seems to proc. Note that arena skills do not apply to this event.
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 am

Awesome info mu0387! Thanks!

15 units, that's nuts! And cool! Can't wait for this event to make it over here!
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 am

That does spend fun. I don't even have 15 6*'s yet! So on one hand I want this event soon, but also not lol.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:52 am

mu0387 wrote:

Edit: Forgot to add that there is a counter above the enemy's head which shows how many more turns there are before they attack.  Slow doesn't seem to affect this although Knockback is very effective in this event as it resets the enemy's counter completely.  Poison also seems to proc.  Note that arena skills do not apply to this event.

BUYING AQUARIAS NOW! XDDD
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:07 am

KuroStar wrote:

BUYING AQUARIAS NOW! XDDD

I'm going to pick up a Nina, great 15DC knockback filler for this event. Plus I always wanted one. Wink
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Please read the following in a mock shocked voice: What is this Fantasica Fairytale that's on the wiki? O.o why isn't the Japanese wiki updating? Is my conspiracy theory true?!

But really, cutie red riding hood!!! I wonder if there will be sleeping beauty...
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 pm

I have been digging around and I think I found out the cause of the lack of update on the jp wiki. Apparently, the current admin is "alive" but he is busy playing another games right now (i.e. he has been updating his tweeter >.>)...
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:59 am

Ryosuke wrote:
I have been digging around and I think I found out the cause of the lack of update on the jp wiki. Apparently, the current admin is "alive" but he is busy playing another games right now (i.e. he has been updating his tweeter >.>)...

MA I bet haha
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:07 am

KuroStar wrote:
Ryosuke wrote:

MA I bet haha

Here is his tweeter: https://twitter.com/okarin1048596

You can check to see if you recognize the game, but I don't think it is MA.
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:38 am

Updated since the JP wiki now has pages for Full bloom spring scenery and Legion battle.
Back to top Go down
mu0387

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:35 pm

FYI, the next event for the JP server will be a tower event. We are currently in the midst of a popularity event which is scheduled to finish 15 April 2014 JST.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:29 am

mu0387 wrote:
FYI, the next event for the JP server will be a tower event. We are currently in the midst of a popularity event which is scheduled to finish 15 April 2014 JST.

Real and pure TE tower? Not the hybrid one?
Back to top Go down
mu0387

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:44 am

po1102 wrote:
mu0387 wrote:
FYI, the next event for the JP server will be a tower event.  We are currently in the midst of a popularity event which is scheduled to finish 15 April 2014 JST.

Real and pure TE tower? Not the hybrid one?

The event hasn't started yet so there is no way for me to know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*   List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED* - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of coming events REDUX *OUTDATED*
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next