Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

It's official: 8* confirmed!

Go down 
+33
loniguseze
Roanmarvel
ladyramza
Tentacle Love
EverCheYoung
PuYang
lucentSwallowtail
Ghost_Star
ktdmak
DivaDestiny
Mhazard
KuroStar
Swansonronald
predator852
Shinrasoldier
Einhardt
rustyoldnail
Spacebug
Minowara
superk4y
memphiskite
Lizumi
red11590
xbLux
rnightingale
Caimsen
Hurleyvp
M60A1
JordanCTT
ForLulzz
Newrome7
Amasuro
Vaati
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Swansonronald

It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

The economics of the game never make winning 7 stars profitable as far as I know (except for certain events and certain "grinding strategies" that no top spender would use.) Some people probably sold some of their rewards though to fund ranking which is why 6 stars dropped so much value (so real spemdinf = spending / 2). i think if anything the positive is that the game will become more inclusive. In events like this whether u use Romulus or Vlad the difference is not super significant and I expect the difference between the average 8s and the good 7s won't be huge.

Wrt to te prices 7 stars have already lost a lot of value as people quit sell. You'd be surprised how many people have hoarded 5-10k te, honestly. The big problem in the game isn't the addition of 8 stars. It's that the events are so repetitive nowadays... If things were innovative nobody would care.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:13 pm

I think one of the reasons why 8* has come out is because they're gonna either have a 7* or 8* awakening unit...

Behold the 3rd awakening event D:
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Einhardt wrote:
The moralof the story is: don't spend thousands of dollars on a mobile game. FFS

Urgh.... I'm learning that the hard way....

I can't take that back now.... waaaahhhh..... T_____T
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:35 am

KuroStar wrote:
I think one of the reasons why 8* has come out is because they're gonna either have a 7* or 8* awakening unit...

Behold the 3rd awakening event D:

Will still go for SS on the 3rd awakening. Won't be awakening anything else...
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 am

So 8* is a revealing unit with tantacle rubbing her clothes? (first being is Madeliene) With this, now I can predict how units in the future would look like after the era of 8*, with my sense:

9* would be a unit with voice actors and minigame, like { THIS }

10* would not even bother having clothes or not, unit left on field without clothes.

11* would be two 10*s sleeping with each other, completely animated artwork and minigame.

12* would be covered with sticky white stuff, image of unit become blur and unclear.

13* would be basically just an empty white sticker, we all know the reason behind...

speaking of artists, you can take a look onto their arts outside fanta on Pixiv, except the fact apt is a girl, I'm not surprised to the rest and fanta's change.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DivaDestiny

DivaDestiny

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Sigh- I don't mind the erotic stuff but hentai tentacles raping an almost naked mermaid seems a bit much.

The art quality isn't bad but it doesn't blow me away either. No doubt I have been spoiled with some of the amazing art on other cards like Evangeline, 6* Ethel and even Romulus and Urd. I was hoping that the 8* would introduce new background formats or multiple characters or something else amazing.

Summary- underwhelmed by the new 8* and hoping the next ones are more interesting graphically.

Back to top Go down
ktdmak

ktdmak

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I think it's horrible that they're coming out with 8* units. All it's doing is ruining all of the hard work people put in just to get a 6* by making them obsolete. This game is going down hill and they know it, which is exactly why they're releasing them. I mean, didn't they just release the 7*s not too long ago? It feels like it's impossible to get ahead in this game without spending a bunch of cash and spamming the crap out of the game for hours on end, which no one wants to do. It's like they try to aim the game for kids and teens, but the only ones who can afford to play are people with jobs and no other way to spend their money.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:09 am

ktdmak wrote:
I think it's horrible that they're coming out with 8* units. All it's doing is ruining all of the hard work people put in just to get a 6* by making them obsolete. This game is going down hill and they know it, which is exactly why they're releasing them. I mean, didn't they just release the 7*s not too long ago? It feels like it's impossible to get ahead in this game without spending a bunch of cash and spamming the crap out of the game for hours on end, which no one wants to do. It's like they try to aim the game for kids and teens, but the only ones who can afford to play are people with jobs and no other way to spend their money.

I've been noticing this too, and i think i can explain, at least from my perspective.

Fantasica is, in its core, a "free to play, pay to win" game made in Japan for Japanese players. The 6* had some good time to shine there, 7* had a year after to shine as well (from what i've heard the first 7* arrived around January 2013), and now the 8* are starting to move. So we'll most like stay with them for a year. The problem is that, while they took their time with the rarity cicles in JP, EN is getting rushed up because of Fanta's policy (they have little care about this server, as long as they profit from the high prices) towards the EN side, leaving little time to adapt.

The good news is that, once the dust is settled, we'll have the same time window as JP for the 8*'s time cycle, which means we won't be surprised from this again so soon.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm

heres the card since i didnt see it posted here yet:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Amasuro
☆☆☆
Amasuro

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:

Spoiler:
Oh Japan Razz
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:59 am

Amasuro wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:

Spoiler:
Oh Japan Razz

A few curiosities regarding this pic:

- her mermaid anatomy is wrong: mermaids have a fin from her waist (you can check Merrow as an example), while her sfin starts from the middle of her legs, as if your legs were borned wrapped up and having them such for your entire life;

- What's binding her is an octopus whose eyes are hearts because he can stare at Otohime's lovely bottom all the time.

I'll be honest: the way this 8* was made disgusts me. Can't have her as my avatar if my sister plays this game with me again.
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 am

I think she's turning into a mermaid. Her hair looks like it's changing color, so perhaps her legs are turning into a tail? O.o -shrugs- and my thoughts on the matter: 8*, go away. I don't even have a full 6* team, let alone a 7* Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:19 am

Vaati wrote:

- her mermaid anatomy is wrong: mermaids have a fin from her waist (you can check Merrow as an example), while her sfin starts from the middle of her legs, as if your legs were borned wrapped up and having them such for your entire life;

- What's binding her is an octopus whose eyes are hearts because he can stare at Otohime's lovely bottom all the time.

I'll be honest: the way this 8* was made disgusts me. Can't have her as my avatar if my sister plays this game with me again.

your attempt to impose logic on the art in this card is.... well.... lets just say its not the first time that the art makes no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
Vaati wrote:

your attempt to impose logic on the art in this card is.... well.... lets just say its not the first time that the art makes no sense at all.

Well, i wouldn't call it imposing. I'm comparing her with a mermaid... unless Otohime is not a mermaid. She could be, for example, a princess abducted by a magical octopus that's transforming her into a mermaid so that it can drag her for its enjoyment alone, therefore granting Otohime both her human magical powers and those of a mermaid like Merrow... would explain the "upgrade" to 8 stars in a bizarre way.

And by the way, what other times did Fantasica released art that did not made sense in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 am

Vaati wrote:

And by the way, what other times did Fantasica released art that did not made sense in your opinion?

oh hmmmm, the one that came to mind that generated a lengthy topic when it was released in jp was:
gravity defying boob gril:

but these also always seemed off to me
The one Boob'd girl:

Nosehair beard guy:

Just saw this one, no comment...:

I have no idea what is even going on in this one, but its very similar to the new 8*, this one also generated a lengthy topic
Moar Tenticals:

Edit: here is Merrow for reference
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Its obvious why her tail starts from the knee down. To allow her to have an actual butt and V-jay for extra tentacle fun. Why would anyone want to mate with an actual mermaid? Where do you stick it.

@Ghost star; whats wrong with Mimus? I don't see anything weird about her o___O
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 pm

PuYang wrote:
Its obvious why her tail starts from the knee down. To allow her to have an actual butt and V-jay for extra tentacle fun. Why would anyone want to mate with an actual mermaid? Where do you stick it.

just that funny look in her eye... like that hand behind her has an extra finger but you cant see it cause its... hmmmm... busy...
Back to top Go down
EverCheYoung

EverCheYoung

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Mimus is pretty normal looking, but the rest of them: weird. I think we've learned to just not question Fanta art
Back to top Go down
superk4y

superk4y

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:29 am

That princess will make a far better card artwork without all those tentacles IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

I think you need to keep in mind that Fanta outsources their artwork out to various artists. I would guess Fanta just asks for art and goes with whatever the artists give them. Considering the amount of card art work that comes into them in such short cycles, they probably don't tell artists to go back to the drawing board.

Personally, I don't mind this art at all as it is much better than say Sagrado.  As long as it doesn't venture back into the realm of spa/swimsuit children or is horribly drawn (Sagrado again), I'm generally accepting of all cards.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 am

And amusingly enough, Sagrado was drawn by Minaba, who is arguably the most well known of the artists with his Final Fantasy ties.
Back to top Go down
superk4y

superk4y

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Shinrasoldier wrote:
I think you need to keep in mind that Fanta outsources their artwork out to various artists.  I would guess Fanta just asks for art and goes with whatever the artists give them.  Considering the amount of card art work that comes into them in such short cycles, they probably don't tell artists to go back to the drawing board.

I must strongly oppose to that.

Fanta paid for those artists and not asking them to do it for free, so it's fair enough to assume that Fanta at least ask for those artist to draw from a theme or a rough idea given to them. It would be insane if Fanta just accepted whatever drawing work handled by the artists to them. And even if so, it's under their very power to decide which artwork is proper and which is not to throw into a phone game basically accessible by people ranged from any background and any age.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 am

Interesting... There appears to be no 8* in the next JP event. It's a guildwar though, so JP typically has different rewards than we have in those.
Back to top Go down
Caimsen
☆☆☆☆
Caimsen

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
PuYang wrote:

just that funny look in her eye... like that hand behind her has an extra finger but you cant see it cause its... hmmmm... busy...

Thanks, now i cant get it out of my Head XD

But Otohimes Spirit Looks like it killed the Oktopus. First he has hearts instead of Eyes and then crosses.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:40 pm

superk4y wrote:
That princess will make a far better card artwork without all those tentacles IMO.

But then she'd be topless. Oh, I get you.

Personally I like the fact that they've increased the number of tentacle-featuring cards.

She's a magic user, so I think there's a chance that her sprite shows her being hugged by said octopus, then literally flinging it at her enemies. Which would be AWESOME. I love that he has little hearts for his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official: 8* confirmed!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next