Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

It's official: 8* confirmed!

Go down 
+33
loniguseze
Roanmarvel
ladyramza
Tentacle Love
EverCheYoung
PuYang
lucentSwallowtail
Ghost_Star
ktdmak
DivaDestiny
Mhazard
KuroStar
Swansonronald
predator852
Shinrasoldier
Einhardt
rustyoldnail
Spacebug
Minowara
superk4y
memphiskite
Lizumi
red11590
xbLux
rnightingale
Caimsen
Hurleyvp
M60A1
JordanCTT
ForLulzz
Newrome7
Amasuro
Vaati
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

It's official: 8* confirmed! Empty
PostSubject: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:02 am

Japan will be having their first 8*, and we'll be next in line.

Source: -> here <-

So, are you ready for this? Or is it too soon for your liking?
Back to top Go down
Amasuro
☆☆☆
Amasuro

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:42 am

But...but I don't even have a 7* yet Sad

This is way too soon. Just looks like another attempt from Mobage to drain our wallets.
Back to top Go down
Newrome7

Newrome7

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:47 am

Just imagine how much money people will spend to get that first 8*!
Competition will be fierce.
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:53 am

Amasuro wrote:
But...but I don't even have a 7* yet Sad

This is way too soon. Just looks like another attempt from Mobage to drain our wallets.
I can't even get to half of ethel's price Sad

Back to top Go down
JordanCTT

JordanCTT

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:02 am

Vaati wrote:
Japan will be having their first 8*, and we'll be next in line.

Source: ->  here <-

So, are you ready for this? Or is it too soon for your liking?

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 am

I think they should just stop on 7*.
I see this as more players gonna end up quitting.
Now, I'm thinking about quitting...
But the upside, we won't see an 8* anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
Hurleyvp

Hurleyvp

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:32 pm

First off people need to not over react. This is a pulled 8* not a rank - so odds are there will be 10-15 of these the first go. This wont make 7*s worthless overnight; and I am willing to bet until they start adding 7*s into mega boxes their value won't decrease too much. Sure we will have the bottom (Eth) @ 200-300 and the top will prob only be 800-1200 rather then 2k+ but there is still a huge market without a 7* so their value will maintain for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Caimsen
☆☆☆☆
Caimsen

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:57 pm

I think i will save pots and Tes for Arthur. Looks good. Hm, so they copy from Fate/Stay Night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rnightingale

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:49 am

Chill guys... my friend who plays FantaJp tol me that this 8* is not tradable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:29 am

rnightingale wrote:
Chill guys... my friend who plays FantaJp tol me that this 8* is not tradable. Very Happy

That sounds like event unit tradelock to me.
Back to top Go down
red11590

red11590

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 am

is it from the event "second coming of permanent king"? why that arthur only have 7 star, not 8 star..or is it other arthur?
Back to top Go down
red11590

red11590

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 am

oh im sorry, its that otohime card Razz i missed it
Back to top Go down
Lizumi

Lizumi

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm

I don't think that the artwork of the 8* is suitable for younger players. Definately not.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Why I didn't bother with 7*s in the first place....

Also, in case anyone wanted to know, and/or can't read Japanese...

Princess OTOHIME 8*
Magic Unit - Slow Lv.8

SAMURAI Girl Clarisse 7*
Melee Unit - Slow Lv.7
Quadra Attack Lv.7 (Arena Only)
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
superk4y

superk4y

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Well of course I'm concerned. While some of us still saving for the 7*, it's only approximately 6 months ago since the introduction of the first 7* and now suddenly it's 8* being released although still in Japan server currently, but that said we can expect a further devaluation of cards which I believe has been starting in this past day.

While it might be great for new players who just begin to collect but it sure is terrible for old timer that saw their hard earned cards become less and less value by each day. And unless they are willing to pour more cash into the game to catch up, it would very likely lead some of them to quit.

And talking about the inappropriate artwork of the new 8*, it doesn't surprised me much since I think they have way crossed the line with Eclipse's artwork, showing a minor with too little to cover. But hey sometimes it's that so call material that keep some people going, no?
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Remember Japan has had 7* since December 2012, so this is a year of 7* only for them. Hopefully they catch us up quickly so we both get 8* a year so they don't devalue so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 am

I've said this before: this game favors those who spend cash now, not those who have spent in the past. Further devaluation of the existing cards and limiting the use of your current resources is what they will do. The natural thing to happen is that old timers will go away (because they've already sent their cash) and newcomers will rise.

Also, as mentioned before, they are not even trying to make it believable anymore artwise to make a unit look strong. They have been moving from warrior type art to ecchi (mild erotic) type art pretty steadily.
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 am

all i want to know is who King Arthur's surgical team is. that is the most incredible sex change i've seen in my entire life.  bounce
Back to top Go down
Einhardt

Einhardt

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:30 am

Spacebug wrote:
I've said this before: this game favors those who spend cash now, not those who have spent in the past. Further devaluation of the existing cards and limiting the use of your current resources is what they will do. The natural thing to happen is that old timers will go away (because they've already sent their cash) and newcomers will rise.

Also, as mentioned before, they are not even trying to make it believable anymore artwise to make a unit look strong. They have been moving from warrior type art to ecchi (mild erotic) type art pretty steadily.

Ditto
The moralof the story is: don't spend thousands of dollars on a mobile game. FFS
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:39 am

So the 7* card first show on the page is a female King Arthur?

Considering that the vast majority of players do not have a 7* card, an 8* is a bit crazy. It will certainly help me out as 7* cards will eventually drop in price. It may not be immediate, however as more 8* cards are introduced (and they will be), the price of the 7* will decrease and 6*'s will become feeder cards.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Spacebug wrote:

I disagree with this. If you look at the same event where that 8* is introduced, you have two 7*'s (Arthur and Clarisse) that look great and don't look erotic at all. I think every here and there we get some bad ones, but overall the art is great. It's nothing new to have some mildly erotic ones in there -- look at Harthi, Dolce, etc.... There have always been some.
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm

i hope King Arthur's card says "King Arthur the Sex Change" when we get it.  bounce
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 pm

I don't mind the soft-hentai style art at all as long as they only apply it to adults. I was quick to feed my little spa/swimsuit child (Alisa) to a very hungry monster after the event as I disliked her.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Yeah I don't like naked children either.

And the arrival of the 8* won't actually hurt anyone whose a spender because they'll spend more. The same people who are currently spending for 7*s will spend the same amount for 8* cards.

Most 6*s are below 100 te now. I'm holding on to the 10 or so I have, just because they're good filler units for arena/gw/ crisis quests etc. But I'm not going to be buying anymore 6*s inless they're less than 20te. And for the few 6*s above 100 te, they usually jump to 300-1000 te, In no way worth the price unless you have te just laying around.

The sickening part of this is that there is *at this moment* really no reason to spend anything in an event that you do not wish to Rank at least top 30-50 & get the 7*. Because there are so many people spending more than $100 per event, and with that $100 I could just as easily buy 100 te and get the 6* rewards for pure, saving myself the effort and sleep others burned to get it in the first place.

Even pulling event units is useless because they cannot be traded for the duration of the event...

So that divides the entirety of the player base into three groups:
1: Big spenders, that get the seven stars.
2: Small spenders (small could be a few $100 btw), who spend more than the cards they get are worth to get them.
3: Everyone else(myself included) who, for the greater part of the game, are missing out on all the fun.

That being said, I and many others are slowly waiting, and stocking up on Te/pots, and we WILL some day buy our way into the 7*/8* market.
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:07 pm

If a 7* ranges from 800 - 2000 TE/Pots, then how much could a 8* go for?  You might think it would be substantially higher than 2000 TE/Pots, however there are not many players who could afford to go above 2000 TE/Pots.  In the end 7*'s would simply drop down in price and the 8* would take on the current 7* prices.

I just can't see how Fanta can sustain itself with it's current business model. To Predators point, there really is not much incentive in purchasing packs unless you plan on competing and you can't compete unless you spend big $$$.

I still do step ups as I will spend the $1 and hope for the best. Paid off once with Gust, but I still can't get rid of him (currently going for 65 TE/Pots to whomever wants him).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: 8* confirmed!   It's official: 8* confirmed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official: 8* confirmed!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next