Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

I got scammed... I know.

Go down 
+8
ElysianField
LatinLegacy
Blargod
memphiskite
pnoytroi
clocksprocket
sagemacleod
dnonamus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 am

Aww buddy. ): I have like 25 boxes to go before I reach your level! Think there's hope for me?

Used like 14 and no 5* yet. e___e
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 am

Actually I strongly believe that its way easier to get a 5* or 6* now than before. A lot easier.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 am

i have my oktavia with 4 boxes but letting No-one album it.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm

There wasn't an excuse on my part. I let my guard down, of course it takes bumping your head, lol. I promise it won't happen again.
I'm pretty much moving on. The answer I got from Mobage is to black list them. Not sure what kind of help that will be. I'll move on and play the game as I have and I'm sure I'll get another 6* someday. I was floored when earlier today someone bought the Ana, I had hope that the person would still give the card back until I saw that. That person just helped them score a big win. Pretty lame and bogus if you ask me. The person then offers to sell her to me for 2200 TE. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:14 pm

dodad123 said he/she quit, but I saw him/her active today.
Still trying to sell/trade Ana no less.

Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 pm

sagemacleod wrote:

Actually, he has long sold his ana to my ally. Ignited a "stand off in the skies"

That ana is then traded away for undisclosed stuff.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 am

SeraphShaun wrote:
Actually, he has long sold his ana to my ally. Ignited a "stand off in the skies"

Must be another Ana he got his hands on then.
Back to top Go down
LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:31 am

pnoytroi wrote:
I just have a problem with LatinLegacy saying something. Nothing against what you said, but this is the internet. I wouldn't be too generous with anyone. But that's just me. :-)

I do trust people here on the forum, just not enough to album trade you. Not to sound hypocritical, but I have album traded but I made sure that they did an over-collateral and they gave me my card back. After that, I am not doing it again, just because knowing my luck I will lose my card next time... And they were an ally.

That is fine. I wouldn't expect most to agree with me. I've always been a very generous person in life. Especially with long time friends who I have helped out a lot. So that part of my character carries on to the Internet as well. I understand that it is difficult to trust someone that is behind another screen no matter how well you may know them.

There have been plenty of times where I was fooled into a bad trade or situation that required the exchange of items in other games. I would just go through the appropriate channels & the situation would be handled in a timely matter. I must say though that I do have a trump card that I pull out from time to time if a matter like this is not resolved to my liking. It seems to catch the attention of some people Razz.

On two occasions, once in 2008 & in 2011, I was involved in two different situations. One where my Final Fantasy XI account was hacked & another where I was trade hacked in AION. I went through all of the appropriate procedures to deal with these matters. Customer service, e-mails, scans of items they requested for identification, verifying my account details, etc. Both situations were never resolved & I was getting the " to bad so sad " treatment. With the FFXI issue, a co worker suggested that I use my corporate letterhead via e-mail since I was a systems administrator at Bloomberg Tower. I'm a supervisor for net admins now. To keep it short, both issues were promptly dealt with. They needed no further info from me after that e-mail.

So while I'm a very generous person as mentioned before, I have ways to protect myself if I need to. When I do trade in this game in specific, I screenshot the verbal conversation & agreement on what is being exchanged. So far, I have not run into any issues but I'm sure that time will come. I will make sure that the parties involved face stiff consequences if I can push for it. Either way, I'll be ready Smile.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:17 am

LatinLegacy wrote:
pnoytroi wrote:
I just have a problem with LatinLegacy saying something. Nothing against what you said, but this is the internet. I wouldn't be too generous with anyone. But that's just me. :-)

I do trust people here on the forum, just not enough to album trade you. Not to sound hypocritical, but I have album traded but I made sure that they did an over-collateral and they gave me my card back. After that, I am not doing it again, just because knowing my luck I will lose my card next time... And they were an ally.

That is fine. I wouldn't expect most to agree with me. I've always been a very generous person in life. Especially with long time friends who I have helped out a lot. So that part of my character carries on to the Internet as well. I understand that it is difficult to trust someone that is behind another screen no matter how well you may know them.

There have been plenty of times where I was fooled into a bad trade or situation that required the exchange of items in other games. I would just go through the appropriate channels & the situation would be handled in a timely matter. I must say though that I do have a trump card that I pull out from time to time if a matter like this is not resolved to my liking. It seems to catch the attention of some people Razz.

On two occasions, once in 2008 & in 2011, I was involved in two different situations. One where my Final Fantasy XI account was hacked & another where I was trade hacked in AION. I went through all of the appropriate procedures to deal with these matters. Customer service, e-mails, scans of items they requested for identification, verifying my account details, etc. Both situations were never resolved & I was getting the " to bad so sad " treatment. With the FFXI issue, a co worker suggested that I use my corporate letterhead via e-mail since I was a systems administrator at Bloomberg Tower. I'm a supervisor for net admins now. To keep it short, both issues were promptly dealt with. They needed no further info from me after that e-mail.

So while I'm a very generous person as mentioned before, I have ways to protect myself if I need to. When I do trade in this game in specific, I screenshot the verbal conversation & agreement on what is being exchanged. So far, I have not run into any issues but I'm sure that time will come. I will make sure that the parties involved face stiff consequences if I can push for it. Either way, I'll be ready Smile.

-LatinLegacy

I hate to burst your bubble but they made very clear trade decisions are final and the mods will not intervene in anyway whatsoever. They have expressed that clearly, and also strongly discourage multiple trade transactions for one items / album trading. Any company letterheads will avail to nothing.

What they can do, is resolve bugs and investigate claims of harassment by other players, or top up issues, or clam down on suspected outside trading.
Back to top Go down
DayXNight

DayXNight

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:24 am

This post really hit me, because I'm ususally to soft and naive. But all I can say for now is:
My condolences and good recovery.
Back to top Go down
LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:34 am

SeraphShaun wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble but they made very clear trade decisions are final and the mods will not intervene in anyway whatsoever. They have expressed that clearly, and also strongly discourage multiple trade transactions for one items / album trading. Any company letterheads will avail to nothing.

What they can do, is resolve bugs and investigate claims of harassment by other players, or top up issues, or clam down on suspected outside trading.

I wouldn't want to find out but I'm sure it won't hold up. I just got out of an ugly exchange with Natural Motion Games. They are another big iOS developer. They had a paid for item that when used, delivered a fixed amount of ingame currency. In an update, the amount of currency that the item gave was drastically decreased. Myself, & many others became very vocal but our voices fell on death ears. They have a very tough TOS as well. When I brought the heat on them in the form of legal action though Bloomberg corp, the issue was fixed 2 patches later. I have a lot more pull than I'm letting on. Even at my low position Smile. It just comes down to the people you know.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:37 am

Legal action?

Lol pray tell. I am all ears man
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:56 am

i doubt or they will take action even if you have proof.

Safe album trades work untill the trade is Complete.

thats why i would want Collateral and only do less when i really trust the one i'm trading with
Back to top Go down
LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 am

SeraphShaun wrote:
Legal action?

Lol pray tell. I am all ears man

Well that situation was very straight forward. A lot of people paid for an item that performed a fixed action within the game. The developer decided to change how the item functioned. The end result was the item becoming greatly reduced from what it once was. I will be fair though & say that the item was very generous for what it gave so while I understand why they would wan to reduce it, you simply can't do that for something people already paid for. They can change it to impact new players to the game but that's it. So that was a very easy issue to go after them on.

I know even attempting to take legal action against Mobage/Silicon Studio for something like a bad trade or having a card not returned will go nowhere at all. It doesn't hurt to rattle there cage a little which can deliver the same results. If you have the resources to do it, it doesn't hurt to try. Twisted Evil

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:13 am

That i agree. Collective pressure helps. Even if things did not went the way we hoped for, there is always the memories of the togetherness. But you must also understand that they want us to exercise discretion on our part, and they do no want to breed this "we have admins to email to clean up our mess"

I still detest those few who pocketed trust album cards. Let this be a stark reminder to all of us players. Stay safe, bond with each other and have fun!
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:50 pm

DayXNight wrote:
This post really hit me, because I'm ususally to soft and naive. But all I can say for now is:
My condolences and good recovery.

Appreciate it I'm for the most part over it, it sucks no longer having the power of a 6*. I hope to eventually earn the resources to trade for one.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:59 pm

LatinLegacy wrote:
SeraphShaun wrote:

I wouldn't want to find out but I'm sure it won't hold up. I just got out of an ugly exchange with Natural Motion Games. They are another big iOS developer. They had a paid for item that when used, delivered a fixed amount of ingame currency. In an update, the amount of currency that the item gave was drastically decreased. Myself, & many others became very vocal but our voices fell on death ears. They have a very tough TOS as well. When I brought the heat on them in the form of legal action though Bloomberg corp, the issue was fixed 2 patches later. I have a lot more pull than I'm letting on. Even at my low position Smile. It just comes down to the people you know.

-LatinLegacy

Wow I wish I had that kind of pull, I'm in the army and do graphic design on the weekends, civil servants aren't real high in the "power rankings" lol. Because I bother them for information on my blog I think they roll their eyes whenever they receive an email from me. I went through the motions and for the most part I got the answer from them I expected from the beginning. I made a mistake and it came with a price. The game is still fun so I won't be quitting.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:06 pm

SeraphShaun wrote:
sagemacleod wrote:

I saw it when it happened, and won't out your ally here but I told him how bogus his decision to purchase the Ana was. "Stand off in the skies?" it wasn't with me. I told him his actions were bogus, he said the problem was between dodad and I. Somehow he didn't see how him purchasing the Ana interfered. He either had a black list request on me before the trade or he works at mobage because I was blacklisted instantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got scammed... I know.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2