Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

I got scammed... I know.

Go down 
+8
ElysianField
LatinLegacy
Blargod
memphiskite
pnoytroi
clocksprocket
sagemacleod
dnonamus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

I got scammed... I know. Empty
PostSubject: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 pm

So, long story short I traded my brand new Annastasia 6* to [edited] dodad123 for "albuming" after "she" begged me to do it. Now she won't give it back. I know it's dumb to album but I'm a trusting individual I guess. Anyway, stay away from trades from this person. She really has no soul & keeps mocking me on my wall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm

I can attest to this, I was reading their walls after it happened.

A lvl 5x (noob?) having 900TE is a bit amazing, probably sold all his/her 5* just to set up this scam.

Last edited by sagemacleod on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Forum policy is to edit out any scammer IDs to ward against false accusations.

That said, feel free to discuss scamming (and how not to get scammed) within this thread. If this person is a known forum member, let me know so that I can conduct an investigation. Otherwise, I urge everyone to read the "how not to get scammed" sticky in the trading center.

DO NOT ALBUM TRADE WITHOUT PROPER COLLATERAL (OR DON'T ALBUM TRADE AT ALL). It's okay to say NO!
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Don't squander your hard earned $30 for some stranger that wants to album.

Why do you think I still have most of my rare cards? Not an "albumer." Not even a trader hehe d>__<b
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:29 pm

hey troi, album trade petra!?
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 am

I initially told her no, she kept hassling me and I gave in. I asked for an email address and real name hoping it would make the transaction safer. I did get 900te for collateral but that's not even close to the value of Anna. This woman is a real nutcase. Very hostile, and for no reason. Has been giving me crap about the trade and harassing friends who have tried to help. I am a clean player, never start any crap with anyone, and I'm a casual, I'm only playing for fun! In fact I only attack players who attack me first (which almost never happens).
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 am

Another example of how the word 'album' can lead you to the wrong end of the stick.

Good way to avoid untrustworthy people, trade it like you really are gonna sell it, but overask for it. For example, if someone was to ask me to let them album my Charles, I would ask for a ridiculous price of 1500TE or 2 6* & 3 maxed out 5* that ain't useless to me. That way, if I know they're gonna run with it, at least I know I've already been compensated for it.

And if they can't meet the deal, then I instantly assume they're up to something and ignore any low-ball offers.

Sadly, it's the internet. You must be tough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 am

Well, if they didn't meet the deal, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Albuming Charles isn't worth two 6*s and three 5*s for me, so it goes both ways. If someone assumed I was a scammer because I didn't want to over-collateraiize that much, that'd be kind of silly. :p

I'm not sure why people give in to begging. Just keep saying no, or say no once and ignore them. If you don't feel comfortable trading a card away (especially if you imagine the trade is permanent -- are you happy with 900TE for Anastasia? No? Then don't do it!) then ... no one is forcing you to hit that trade button.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 am

Well, that's the point of overasking. I do that so that I can get a guarantee they will return my units IF they want theirs back. If they don't abide by the rules set out by you who's risking your unit away, then you know what sort of person they are.

That is true. It's just words. Let them pester your wall for as long as they like. They do get bored when they don't get what they want and will walk away.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 am

I agree, the "asker" of albuming should always offer more.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 am

For such a low level player to have that many TEs? My alarm bells would have been ringing...

I agree with memph. Nothing is there to protect you in an album trade so if he/she is going to run away with it, it better be in your favor at the very least (If Clock and others didn't already stress this enough already).

Seriously, you guys should set up something when people newly register here in the forums to tell them not to do album trades or at least set up some possible guidelines for it.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 am

clocksprocket wrote:

If I said no can I still be a Mod? Lol jk.... But no? When you get your 6* then let's talk haha
Back to top Go down
LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 am

You did nothing wrong dnonamus so don't beat yourself up over it. You are a very generous player that got taken advantage of. It happens to a lot of people across many games that have a trade system implemented. I'm the same kind of player that is always willing to help out another person I any way I can. With that however, I have my restrictions. Being part of this game for only a short time, players have already tried to take advantage of my lack of knowledge of the game a few times this week. It pretty much started as soon as I pulled a Joachim from a box purchase. I've been sent some terrible trades of very low tier 5* cards to single digit TE. Unfortunately for them, this community has given me all the knowledge that I would ever need for the game so there lowball offers were all shot down very quickly Smile.

When it comes to helping other players album, I would take collateral from people I don't know or fully trust yet. If it's someone I know or trust, I wouldn't ask or demand anything from them. It comes off as a bit snobbish to me being that way & it's not a good way to develope friendships. I fully understand why people would be hell bent about it but that's not my style. I've already come to trust a handful of people in this community & I would have no issue in helping them out in any way I can. Including cards that they need to album. That is the benefit of joining communities such as this one Smile.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 am

clocksprocket wrote:

IT'S A TRAP!
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 am

memphiskite wrote:
Well, that's the point of overasking. I do that so that I can get a guarantee they will return my units IF they want theirs back. If they don't abide by the rules set out by you who's risking your unit away, then you know what sort of person they are.
My only point is, two 6*s and three 5*s for a Charles? I'd tell you to stick it you know where. I think a higher-valued 6* for a Charles would suffice.

I haven't heard of many people being scammed when they were the ones who over-collateralized for an album trade, but at the same time you also should be wary of someone being an opportunist and keeping your, er, two 6*s and three 5*s for their Charles. Just saying. Wink

pnoytroi wrote:
If I said no can I still be a Mod? Lol jk.... But no? When you get your 6* then let's talk haha
:p I have a 6*... That's too bad, Petra is one of only 14 6*s I haven't albumed!!! lol!

But see, even on public forums you can just be like, um, no thanks. (:

LatinLegacy wrote:
When it comes to helping other players album, I would take collateral from people I don't know or fully trust yet. If it's someone I know or trust, I wouldn't ask or demand anything from them.
The issue is, when do you decide when this is?

Plenty of people have gotten "scammed" by people who were their allies (even people who were their allies since they had just started Fantasica). Some people even got scammed by people who were in their group of "friends" that they talked to daily. So it's just good to keep in mind that just because you've spoken to each other or just because you're allies, that doesn't mean they're necessarily trustworthy. Some people will take the opportunity to steal your cards, unfortunately.

And even though they are super scummy people everyone should stay away from, ultimately you choose to hit "accept" on a trade that isn't worth it. I don't think Fantasica devs would agree to give you your card back even if you reported them. That's all. Not blaming anyone, but just a warning.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Probably something that hasn't come across your minds.

Imagine the scammer was a pre-teen, maybe 7 yr old and then all your allies and whole community starts ganging up on him/her. LOL. I can't imagine it. I know - its a scammer, but poor kid.

I don't know what the average age of Fantasica is, but cherish the thought that there might be a little kid on the other side.

There are some very hardcore (childish?) gamers in fantasica. What they perceive as low-balling will get on your case. Seeing the asking prices of Sheryl between 250-400, what is fair, really? Everyone tries to buy low and sell high, that's how the economy works. I, myself have sold Gloria and Stray Cat at a quarter/half the value of others (before knowing that people were selling it for 2x-4x that amount), but I'll get over it.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I don't think that's an excuse. First of all, even when I was little, I knew better than to take & keep people's stuff. Second of all, people who are that young should probably not play games where cash like this gets thrown around (not saying they don't, or that it's right or not, but parental supervision should exist).

In this situation, they traded 900TE for the Ana -- which means they knew what they were doing and also that they got the 900TE from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm

I just have a problem with LatinLegacy saying something. Nothing against what you said, but this is the internet. I wouldn't be too generous with anyone. But that's just me. :-)

I do trust people here on the forum, just not enough to album trade you. Not to sound hypocritical, but I have album traded but I made sure that they did an over-collateral and they gave me my card back. After that, I am not doing it again, just because knowing my luck I will lose my card next time... And they were an ally.

Last edited by pnoytroi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 pm

An besides, for us that purchase packs, that's already being generous enough to Silicon/Mobage lol. Don't need to be any more generous than that
Back to top Go down
Evageek
☆☆
Evageek

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 am

I like to album cards but I never asked my 5* allies until I had a 5* to compensate.
Heck, to album a random players Sofia I first let her album the 4*s she was missing, then she held on to 3 of my 5*s.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:10 am

clocksprocket wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
My only point is, two 6*s and three 5*s for a Charles? I'd tell you to stick it you know where. I think a higher-valued 6* for a Charles would suffice.

I haven't heard of many people being scammed when they were the ones who over-collateralized for an album trade, but at the same time you also should be wary of someone being an opportunist and keeping your, er, two 6*s and three 5*s for their Charles. Just saying. Wink

I'm not the type to want to steal people's hard earned cards cause I believe in karma sometimes. That's just my safe net in making sure I get back my favourite cards from them.
Luckily, nobody ever bothers me for album trades except for my closest allies who I definitely trust after a long time chatting with them.
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 am

ElysianField wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:

IT'S A TRAP!

LOL. Clocks should top up with a 4*. And it has to be MAXED. Heheheheh. Razz
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am

Yeah, I have ever been pressured so many times by allies. Pressured to swap a low lvl Rein for my max or for albuming or just a loan for events. I always say no. If you are not happy, then unally me. Its just a game eventually and seriously, learn to say NO.

That would help make the game more fun.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am

From my experience it's always you pressuring me lol! jk jk

But yeah, it's easier to say "no" (especially online -- you don't even know the person!) than to lose your hard-earned (whether through the game or through your $) cards.

If you can't say no to internet strangers then you should probably go do something about that. Wink
Back to top Go down
kelvgoh

kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 am

clocksprocket wrote:
From my experience it's always you pressuring me lol! jk jk

But yeah, it's easier to say "no" (especially online -- you don't even know the person!) than to lose your hard-earned (whether through the game or through your $) cards.

If you can't say no to internet strangers then you should probably go do something about that. Wink

But it's because of Crowex's signature. That's why I need to pressure you because I have this fixation with... hahahahahahahha.

And sometimes, money cannot buy the card you want. I bought about 40 megabox and only got a 5* Nue. Angers me till now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got scammed... I know.   I got scammed... I know. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got scammed... I know.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next