Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain Empty
PostSubject: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 am

I've been doing training mission 26-5 a lot lately and getting a lot of Yakov and Catoblepas'. I know for Yakov the most efficient is to raise to lv4, but what about my 3* Catoblepas? I'm trying to get the most XP out of it for feeding to my other cards. I've looked at other enhancement topics and i'm still unsure.
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:05 am

lvl 10 if i remember correctly
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:14 am

Thanks for quick reply.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 am

If using a lv4 2* is just breaking even, would a lv2 or lv3 2* be gaining a small amount of XP?
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Or should i just feed *2 stars at lv1 to other units since i'm not worried about space.
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 pm

It is a little complicated to explain, but in short, you need to understand there is a difference between "cost efficiency" and "exp efficiency".

For cost efficiency, it is better to feed a high level card to the card that you want to level because the enhancing cost increases significantly when you try to enhance a higher level card.

Example: 1 lvl 4 2* = 2 f2* in term of the amount of exp given. Let say you are trying to enhance a lvl 60 unit. It will be much cheaper to use 35 lvl 4 2* than 70 f2*, even if you consider the cost needed to make those lvl 4 2*.

For exp efficiency, basically you want to compare the total exp of the cards that are involved in leveling the feeder vs the exp given by the leveled 2*/3* feeder.

Example: f1* = 150 exp; f2* = 450 exp; f3* = 900 exp when used as feeder. For 1*/2*/3*, each additional level gives 50/150/300 more exp respectively.

To make a lvl 4 2*, you need to feed 3 f1* to a f2*. Let say if you feed those 3 f1* and 1 f2* one by one to another card, they are going to give a total of 900 exp (i.e. 3x150 + 450). On the other hands, a lvl 4 2* will also give 900 exp. So, basically you break even in term of exp gain, but you get rid of 3 cards from you inventory.

Let look at anther example. If you want to make a lvl 4 3*, you will need 3 f1* to a f3*. Using the formula above, a lvl 4 3* gives 1800 exp, while 3 f1* and 1 f3* gives only 1350 exp. So, you actually gain 450 exp by making the card lvl 4 3* first compared to feeding those cards one by one. (Note: For 3*, the break even point is at lvl 11 iirc)

Most people recommend making 2* lvl 4 and 3* lvl 10/11 mainly because you will end up having a net exp lose if you go any higher than that.
Back to top Go down
Edenbound

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks for the in-depth explanation. Always thought it was equal regardless of level. In the case of an exp bonus event, though, would it be better to enhance feeders higher since the exp gain would stack on each feed?
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:24 am

Since all i care about efficiency wise is XP, should i bother leveling the 2* units up to lv2, or just feed them to my other units at lv1?
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 am

seanlink wrote:
Since all i care about efficiency wise is XP, should i bother leveling the 2* units up to lv2, or just feed them to my other units at lv1?
Short answer: Yes. If you don't care about enhancing cost at all, then just feed the f2* and f1* directly to the card you want to level. But only do that when there is no exp enhance boost event though.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:09 am

Alright, thanks a bunch. Really appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 am

For future reference, when the Enhance Event does happen, what level should i raise my 2* and 3* feeders up to? And of course i'm talking about for the most experience i can get out of it.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:11 am

seanlink wrote:
For future reference, when the Enhance Event does happen, what level should i raise my 2* and 3* feeders up to?  And of course i'm talking about for the most experience i can get out of it.
Still the same but it will take you less card to reach those levels. It will take 11 x 1* to raise a 3* to level 10 but without enhance it will take you 16
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:46 am

I thought i heard stuff about raising a 2* unit to a lv5 instead of lv4 because it with Bonus it only takes 3 cards like it did to get them to lv4 before the Bonus, or again is this mainly for cost efficiency and space?
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:47 am

seanlink wrote:
I thought i heard stuff about raising a 2* unit to a lv5 instead of lv4 because it with Bonus it only takes 3 cards like it did to get them to lv4 before the Bonus, or again is this mainly for cost efficiency and space?
As mentioned before, this is a really complicated subject.

During enhance exp boost event, 2 f1* will get a f2* to lvl 4, 3 f1* will get a f2* to lvl 5, 4 f1*, with at least one of the 1* being the same type as the card you are leveling, will get a f2* to lvl 6. (Note: All the above assume you have blessing of valkyrie maxed)

If you want to get the most exp out of a fixed number of 1* and 2*, then you should only level the 2* to lvl 4-6; and you should decide on the 2* lvl based on how many 1* and 2* you have. (i.e. If your 2* and 1* are about 1:2 ratio, then make the 2* lvl 4. If your 2* and 1* are about 1:4 ratio, then make the 2* lvl 6. Basically, you have to count before you enhance)

tbh, I would say don't think too much about this. Unless you like to do exp calculation every time before you enhance, you should just stick with 2* lvl 4-6 and the 3* lvl 10.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks again. Btw, love the Shu avatar. You getting Masoukishin Pride of Justice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain   3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3* cards, what lv is most efficient for XP gain
Page 1 of 1