Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Which card do you feel has the worst art?

Go down 
+59
popka92
GoldoaWillNotMove
Psych
jmoon10
BkWiz
ilovecards
Insainidjit
Mecheon
DistortedIllusion
Exile
ForLulzz
Bob Backspin
CheeseBagle
Kharistos
Sh4d0w927
Suoutheipad
Maggot
dalenaria
Momokomoko
likonnik
krissy06k
SuperErtoy
Lmrt
killzoneX13
gaillardia
kenthezebra
Sichyras
Aniwo
aubade888
themadmanazn
bigmack411
bluerexx
Hajkster
abuqasar
Tentacle Love
sGabe4
lmnseason
KuroStar
meximan1390
cliffbiram
Ilyere
Piggers
sycovenom
Tattycoram
shure
Demando
louischanks
paveljevs
hoomee
equals399
Wahuh
zephinx
kfcjamal
rankodd
redyr123
Abyssight
rustyoldnail
ZucchiniQueen
joeladams20
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:33 pm

I disagree (but I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing). I don't see how whether art is "good" or not makes the artist a "winner" or not. I also don't see what "school" tells people is relevant... I can't say out of all my years in school can I remember anyone telling me anything like that. These days plenty of average (average technically anyways) are is more successful than good art because it is more about who you know than what you know. As a pro photographer myself, I see tons of average work that gets more attention and money than good work simply because of good marketing of the artist.
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:20 pm

bigmack411 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
Well... depends really... much of modern art can be controversial. Have you heard of the My Lonesome Cowboy for example?

http://shape-and-colour.com/2008/05/16/murakamis-my-lonesome-cowboy-15-million/

Ok by posting this you just strengthened my argument that depending on how people perceive something determines how good it is. Is the sculpture done well? Sure, even though I tried to not focus on it too much. Did the artist successfully convey his idea? I guess so. Was this overall a creative idea? I've never seen it before so yes. Is it good art? No, in my opinion.
In the end. Is it a good sculpture? Yes. Is it good art? No

Rebuttle:  Art is and always will be subjective.  You are just expressing your opinion.

And that is my opinion on that. Wink

Last edited by joeladams20 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 pm

themadmanazn wrote:

These days plenty of average (average technically anyways) are is more successful than good art because it is more about who you know than what you know. As a pro photographer myself, I see tons of average work that gets more attention and money than good work simply because of good marketing of the artist.

Agreed.  Graphic Designer, here.  I run into the same situation daily.  May I add, it also amounts to the number of $$$ a person possess in their own wallet to get their name out there... AND that just circles back to your marketing comment. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sichyras

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Though she's not the worst I've seen, I think Violina has some pretty bad art.
Spoiler:

The character is fine, but it looks like the artist got tired at the end and said "screw it, I'm going to finish her off with the MS Paint spraycan tool" *PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
Back to top Go down
kenthezebra
☆☆☆☆☆
kenthezebra

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:08 pm

im not a boob guy, but pretty much any card's are that messes up body/face proportions is on my list of no-nos

ill add her:
Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 5-Teatro
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Sichyras wrote:
Though she's not the worst I've seen, I think Violina has some pretty bad art.
Spoiler:

The character is fine, but it looks like the artist got tired at the end and said "screw it, I'm going to finish her off with the MS Paint spraycan tool" *PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

I agree, they could have used a little more texture when giving her that blue glow. I don't mind her art though.

kenthezebra wrote:
im not a boob guy, but pretty much any card's are that messes up body/face proportions is on my list of no-nos

ill add her:
Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 5-Teatro

I haven't seen this one, and it hard to see from the image... but from what I can tell, she has quite the thunder thighs. lol
Back to top Go down
gaillardia
☆☆☆
gaillardia

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:16 am

Arachne monster... those legs... ugh...
Back to top Go down
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:47 am

joeladams20 wrote:

I haven't seen this one, and it hard to see from the image... but from what I can tell, she has quite the thunder thighs.  lol
Lucciana would like a word with you.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 am

Ilyere wrote:
joeladams20 wrote:

I haven't seen this one, and it hard to see from the image... but from what I can tell, she has quite the thunder thighs.  lol
Spoiler:

Good grief her crotch
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Ilyere wrote:
joeladams20 wrote:

Spoiler:

LOL
Back to top Go down
shure
☆☆☆
shure

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:29 pm

abuqasar wrote:
Ilyere wrote:
joeladams20 wrote:

Spoiler:
Good grief her crotch
Luciana is a no-no for me too. How can her back not hurt when she have like twice larger boobs than her head? O_O
Also new unit in japan:
Spoiler:
Kinda reminds me of Sagrado which I don't really like too ( pls no hate, just my opinion ). At least he have colorful hair, no white/blue.
Back to top Go down
killzoneX13

killzoneX13

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:50 am

Nominees remind me why I love this site so much XD would also like to nominate Forneus. SOB is SCREAMING to be a feeder.
Back to top Go down
Lmrt
☆☆
Lmrt

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:37 am

the new 2* Notte... Neutral
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SuperErtoy

SuperErtoy

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 am

As a monster collector, I refuse to keep this card if it shows up in the future. Horrible artwork for a 6★
Mitra:

Might be the worst work of Hideo Minaba.

Last edited by SuperErtoy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Illustrator noted.)
Back to top Go down
http://goo.gl/JCo9H
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:11 pm

SuperErtoy wrote:
As a monster collector, I refuse to keep this card if it shows up in the future. Horrible artwork for a 6★
Mitra:

I don't know why... I can't explain it... but I like this artwork. Although, the dots above her chest confuse me.
Back to top Go down
zephinx

zephinx

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:54 pm

joeladams20 wrote:
SuperErtoy wrote:
Mitra:

I don't know why... I can't explain it... but I like this artwork.  Although, the dots above her chest confuse me.
Actually she looks not bad. but lacks the polished look. It feels like a sketch being colored due to rushing for deadline.
Back to top Go down
krissy06k
☆☆
krissy06k

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:58 am

I had a huge opinion typed... Ready to send. Bf bumped me, made me hit the back button "poof" post gone. Basically I hate Serafiina and Dorothea. Sera is a complete butter face and I would de-ally someone if she was lead. Doro just has the worsM proportions and angling I've ever seen. And the scariest gimp right wrist. Dislike Partenope & future fat Orc too. Artist Hideo Minataki seems to be the focus of most my hate. (There was a list, can't be bothered now)

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t6717-s-mlbmorticia-max-5s-mf
krissy06k
☆☆
krissy06k

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 am

Also Clarissa! Face is so uneven and looks like a guy!
Back to top Go down
likonnik

likonnik

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:45 pm

guys who said sogno was ugly they're waay out of their mind, and seems a little racist to me, you're going to excuse me but she rocks, except her sprite form i'll admit.

and i don't know why 5* thrain has not been nominated, i mean, are u serious???

he IS the WORST
Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 350px-Thrain_card
just... horrible..
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 pm

likonnik wrote:
guys who said sogno was ugly they're waay out of their mind, and seems a little racist to me, you're going to excuse me but she rocks, except her sprite form i'll admit.

he IS the WORST
just... horrible..
Sogno isn't disliked for skin color. She just....eh...isn't for everyone I guess.

Thrain is fine. He is a dwarf and looks like an ordinary dwarf.
Back to top Go down
likonnik

likonnik

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Abyssight wrote:
likonnik wrote:

he IS the WORST
just... horrible..
Sogno isn't disliked for skin color. She just....eh...isn't for everyone I guess.

Thrain is fine. He is a dwarf and looks like an ordinary dwarf.
everything but ordinary bud, come on, his beard is a mess, his grayish skin.. the fact u cant see his face.. not even his eyes.. just 2 red dots that remind me of some kind o bug.. the strokes of his art are jus too.. wide and dark idk.. at least i have many reasons for dislike him
Back to top Go down
krissy06k
☆☆
krissy06k

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:02 pm

likonnik wrote:
To say that anyone who said Sogno was ugly is racist makes you sound "waay out of your mind" what about her screams ethnicity? I think most people dislike her b/c its not really tasteful. And it's not neccesarily the "theme" if you will. Hey, I'm all for fun with leather...it just looks tacky, and they tried too hard. Plus, that stance is a bit akward if you ask me, and she's also just plain....ugly.

Also I can see where you are coming from with Thrain, but I don't really agree. Maybe his beard could be a different color, but all the things you described are kinda Dwarfs things. Like the other person said. Oh, the eyes might be a little creepy too, but doesn't make him the worst.

(Sorry, I get a little wordy)
Back to top Go down
krissy06k
☆☆
krissy06k

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Because I was on phone on first post, here are my images:

Serafiina:
<-C'mon. That FACE.

Dorothea:
check the right hand. i know the view is from the floor or w/e. but the proportions wouldn't be some drastic.

Deesse:
<-Too much going on IMO
Lucrezia:
<-Astrological signs make it look cluttered.
Marguerite:
<-Just Ack!

I also dislike Adolf, the fact that Blanche and Noir are the same girl, different clothes, Camille(for a 5*, he just looks so simple and cheap), Elena for same reasons, Plautia, Rem. <-Those are just the 5*s. xD I have lots of opinions on this topic.

Also, in regards to the controversy about art, If I think it's "bad" I pointed out my reasons. Otherwise, as a personal preference, theres just something that makes me dislike it. Doesn't mean its "bad" I guess.
Back to top Go down
krissy06k
☆☆
krissy06k

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 pm

bump! Interested in others opinions.
Back to top Go down
Momokomoko

Momokomoko

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:22 pm

other arts look like the artists got lazy but I particularly dislike Dream Breaker girls except for Drea.. I guess it's the art style but most of them look like macho-goth trannies.. ~_~
Back to top Go down
http://draeismomo.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which card do you feel has the worst art?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next