Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Card Rating Formula

Go down 
+3
Tentacle Love
Ghost_Star
ScrawlKnight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ScrawlKnight

ScrawlKnight

Card Rating Formula Empty
PostSubject: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:04 am

I've been trying to figure out a semi-reliable formula in order to determine a comparison between different cards. Obviously, this is hardly perfect and needs a lot of improvement, but that's why I'm posting it here in the hopes someone who understands the inner workings of the game better than me can improve it.

So, here it is:

(Land + Air + Sea) * Speed + (Range*10) - (Cost*100)

[This formula assumes you are using MAX stats.]

Now, I'm not trying to suggest this is ever a foolproof way to determine if one card is better than another (obviously, different cards are useful in different events), but I hope it might give me (and other players) a rough idea of which cards they can keep and which are safe to ditch.

If you can improve this (which I'm sure you can because it's not that good), I'd love to hear suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 am

you forgot the wildcard variable.... awesomeness. since you cant really put a numeric value to that i find the idea of adding value to a card like this.... pointless. I would also point out that this has been done many, many times in the past, and failed. and i dont see the variable for lack of clothing or cleavage, both of which have a huge impact on value.

edit to add that speed means two totally different things in arena vs quests/bosses

also range doesnt factor into boss fights or Colosseum events.

here is the old thread about these, you can read through on everyones thoughts about it:

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t327-struesdell-s-tier-lists-9-28
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:53 pm

the biggest problem with any rating is the fact that Fantasica is like 4 different games in one, and that it regularly cycles between events.

Some people don't care about the battle arena at all, so they don't even care about the letter-grade of a unit's speed, only its dps and abilities.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:58 pm

main issue with a system like yours is SPEED
are you gonna use DPS or letter speed?
huuuuge difference in the mages' and even missle units' cases
Back to top Go down
ScrawlKnight

ScrawlKnight

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:00 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
main issue with a system like yours is SPEED
are you gonna use DPS or letter speed?
huuuuge difference in the mages' and even missle units' cases

Ah, yes, sorry, I didn't mention that in the opening post. The idea is E - 1.0, D - 1.2, C - 1.4, B - 1.6, A - 1.8, S - 2.

--------------

As for other comments:

This isn't designed to give cards a TE value or judge how much they are worth in $. It's just to compare your own individual cards and see which are better stat-wise than others.

It's a good point that Fantastica isn like 4 games in one though. There's no doubt that some ards are universally better than others, but there are some that are awful in some events and solid in others. The idea is that this formula just presents a guideline as to the usefulness as a card, but the player needs to use their own knowledge to determine that as well.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:40 pm

First thing you need to do is make up one formula for each event type.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:29 pm

You are free to try... but this type of thing usually doesn't end well. An eye will be kept on this thread.
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:32 pm

ScrawlKnight wrote:

So, here it is:

aksana is a very bad card according to this forumla

seems like you forgot to include skill
Back to top Go down
ScrawlKnight

ScrawlKnight

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 pm

kfcjamal wrote:
ScrawlKnight wrote:

So, here it is:

aksana is a very bad card according to this forumla

seems like you forgot to include skill

Actually, she'd still be quite exceptional.

The reason skills are not included is because there is no way to quantify them. Also, different skills are more or less useful depending on the cards you already have. I left it out, because, I believe, most players can assign their own importance to particular skills based on if they need them or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Rating Formula   Card Rating Formula I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Rating Formula
Page 1 of 1