Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

The game has completely broken??

Go down 
+6
neozh3
KuroStar
MythSearcher
skrfirefly
Ghost_Star
Geodracula
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Geodracula
☆☆
Geodracula

The game has completely broken?? Empty
PostSubject: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 am

I've asked my allies if they're having the same problem as me, but the few who answered aren't having anything like this.

Basically, I randomly encountered Marjoram during this current event. I didn't notice until it was near the end because I was multitasking.
I didn't think much of it, but now my game has completely broken.

The 6* Mina we were gifted has turned into an Unknown unit and is now showing as a question mark, the event picture in the bottom bar has "disappeared" and is instead showing the Miss Fantasica Contest picture (so it shows twice on there), the one picture does still lead me to the Doomsday Tower but nothing has loaded (it's showing grey boxes all over). I managed to navigate myself to my Lilith fight but it crashed. I also tried to assist an ally and I was awarded a Mandragora.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but it hasn't helped.

I'm really annoyed because I think Lilith will disappear D:

I don't know how to contact customer support either Sad

[EDIT]

My brother said Mina turned into a question mark on his phone as well probably about 15 mins before it happened to mine
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:57 am

there are already several threads discussing this issue.

Ghost_Star wrote:

Atra wrote:
Hi guys, currently the new units are showing a ? for their images and the Miss Fantasica Contest icon is doubled. When i press on the left icon which opens the new event i get a totally grey screen with different shades of grey over the buttons. The only thing that shows on this pageis the Mobage button, the icon flashing "you have soso calls for help!", the My Page icon shows fine too. I can click on these grey buttons and they work normally but the same problem occurs on the next window with everything being greyed out in different shades.

This makes the entire event unplayable for me mainly because when i do the training i run into a boss and it immediately freezes the screen, i can press menu and select icons from there, i can press the mobage icon, but apart from that the screen is frozen.

Does ANYBODY have any solution for this because ive tried reinstalling, using the cache cleaner, and reloading the game data from the options menu. Still not working >.<

I use to have this issue for events about 7 months ago, I think it had to do with the update not being compatible with my phone, anyway as soon as the optomized for my phone i stopped having this issue. If you have uninstalled I think your next step is contacting SS support:

http://support.mobage.com/customer/portal/articles/954161-general---how-do-i-get-support-for-fantasica-

The email is: fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp

One thing you could try why you wait for a response is, I forget who, but someone also commented that Mobage games leave a huge hidden file that can get quite large. If that bumps up against your disc size you may be experiencing issues where your phone can not produce enough virtual memory to run the game. Try uninstalling again, and then put a new sd card into your phone and install it on a fresh sd card, or reformat your old one.
Maybe unistall some other stuff, or anything that is installed on the phones memory and put it on the sd card. Also plug your phone into a computer and just look at the folders, see if there is anything that looks like it shouldnt be there and delete it.
Back to top Go down
Geodracula
☆☆
Geodracula

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 am

Thank you very much for the response Ghost_Star Smile
I will try emailing them and fingers crossed they're quick to sort this!
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am

Geodracula wrote:
Thank you very much for the response Ghost_Star Smile
I will try emailing them and fingers crossed they're quick to sort this!

try installing on a new sd card and clearing some crap out of your phones main memory too while your waiting for a response.

report back anything that you find out as there are others experiencing the same issue.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Btw there is a notice that fanta have taken notice of this issues, it is recommending to reinstall the app again.
Back to top Go down
Geodracula
☆☆
Geodracula

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Nothing new's happened yet D:
I don't have a different SD card so I can't try that sadly!

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling 4 times now and nothing Sad

Hope it gets fixed soon!
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Marjoram is a planned feature, you get revived bosses in this event from previous ones.
Some people met Grey.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:14 am

MythSearcher wrote:
Marjoram is a planned feature, you get revived bosses in this event from previous ones.
Some people met Grey.

In addition to that...

The game has completely broken?? 1045044_547336118663235_231826847_n

Notice that Grey gives no BT pts
Back to top Go down
neozh3

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:39 am

KuroStar wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
Some people met Grey.

In addition to that...

off topic but I noticed that u play with your phone upside down LOL
Back to top Go down
Aleydis
☆☆
Aleydis

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 9:32 am

It happened to me yesterday. I fixed the bug by deleting the game, turn off / on my phone, reinstalling fantasica.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:02 am

neozh3 wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
Some people met Grey.

In addition to that...

off topic but I noticed that u play with your phone upside down LOL
Your phone is upside down, not mine.
Back to top Go down
pstx77

pstx77

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:54 am

I tried ALL the various things suggested above, but it didn't fix things.

It was mentioned elsewhere (link) that problems with particular networks may be a factor, so:

I disconnected from my home WIFI network and forced my phone to use it's own network.
Then I started Fanta.
It grabbed the required update to fix, and everything seems to be fine.

I've now re-connected to my WIFI (without exiting Fanta) and kept playing.  So far everything seems to be working.

Might be worth a try if you are still struggling to get it to work?

EDIT TO UPDATE: if I restart Fanta when I am connected to my home WIFI then it breaks again. When it's broken, restarting it on my phone's own dataplan will fix things without the need for a re-install - although it does download the newest data. Switching back onto the WIFI once the game is started works out just fine.

So, I'm wondering what's happened recently to cause this - I've had no problems on my home network previously. My ISP is Virgin Media. Maybe someone there got a load of 3*s from a Step 7 and decided to block the game? Smile 
Back to top Go down
ThePowerOutage

ThePowerOutage

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 am

Copy of my post in the event discussion thread:

Anyone here still getting issues?

The problem is one or several of the mobage data servers is providing the client with an outdated version of the games data, with a build date of 2013/06/25/13:08:41. I can get the latest version (Sorry, don't have a build date) by running Orbot as root with transparent proxying enabled, but since the content server looks for a version mis-match when I log in without Tor Fantasica downloads the old data again.

The problem is bizarre in that it should have been fixed by now. To be honest, its a wonder players can access the game with old data, it means with silicon studios server has no client hash or even version checking, which simply boggles the mind.

Not much use for anyone with the problem, unless your fine accessing the game through Tor at speeds comparable to dialup, but I hope you have a better grasp of the situation now.

And who knows? Maybe a Mobage employee will see this and get off their lazy backside.

If anyone here with a working game is able to run fiddler2 and find out at what point everything goes wrong, kik me @ ThePowerOutage, though it wouldn't serve must purpose other than feeding my curiosity.

I have relayed most of this information to mobage, but the only reply I have received thus far is one telling me to used their cache cleaner application.
Back to top Go down
finalfantasyf3

finalfantasyf3

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 am

im having this problem now too. cant get it to go away. sooo did u fix it yet? ifso how?
Back to top Go down
ThePowerOutage

ThePowerOutage

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:48 am

Found a simple fix, the problem is caused Virginmedia's DNS setting seem to be sending the game the wrong url and thus the wrong data.

Just download Set DNS from the market, and your good. Works better if your rooted, I think the app only works for 24 hours if not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The game has completely broken??   The game has completely broken?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The game has completely broken??
Page 1 of 1