Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!

Go down 
+7
Dmhlucky
chaosme
NecroMalys
Esofonic
Nappitz
elforte
SnowTempest
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Empty
PostSubject: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:50 am

NOTE: Monster Resistance Percentages on second post!

GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! VertexWalkGUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! MerroDanceGUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! DineWalks

What is a defence for?

Well the idea of having a defence is to fend off people who have an eye for your unguarded luna or your artifacts that you may have been collecting. The amount of Luna they steal is 10% of what you currently have, maximum Luna that can be stolen is capped at 10,000Luna.

For some other people for example me, like collecting monsters to fend off (break down mentally with seduction of hot monsters) unsuspecting attackers and simply show off your pretty monsters. Improving defence is like a mini investment mixed with fun and anti-stealing countermeasures.

There may be a future event for defending but I'm not too sure at this point. That's all for now ;3

How do I build a good defence?

Well personally I don't want to give too many details since making a good defence is more fun by experimenting and testing yourself instead of having it all written down for you. Look for people who have a decent defence or a good defence and see how they have built it. What makes their defence fend off their enemies?

There are two things that are used in defences, tanks and runners. The main goal for your defence is simply have one monster run pass the bottom line and you would win. Simple as that.

I'll work on what tanks you should aim for later. But take a look at the Fantasica Encyclopedia for a full list of monsters and their Defence Ratings. Stray cats will always be the most effective runner in your team so... Don't Recruit your Stray Cats!

I need a defence now, how can I make one on a short budget?

Let's go over some cheap 4* mons that you could probably find:
The Kraken
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! *&resize_h=64&resize_w=64GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Kraken

Sea Type Monster
30,000 Health at Lvl 1
217,230 at Max Lvl
Melee Resistance: B
Ranged Resistance: B
Magic Resistance: D
Movement Speed: E

One of the most evil monsters ever to appear before a person unequipped with mage units. This mon may be slow, but its tank Defence Ratings pack a punch.

Now that we looked at Mr Tentacles, lets look at the second candidate for defence building:
The Chimera
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! *&resize_h=64&resize_w=64GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Chimera

Ground Type Monster
31,000 Health at Lvl 1
224,471 at Max Lvl
Melee Resistance: D
Missile Resistance: C
Magic Resistance: B
Movement Speed: D

If you paid attention to the coloured "D" on the Magic Resistance for Kraken, you'll realise why you might need this beast to fend off your enemies. That's right, Magic Resistance and that's not all. Chimera also has a D speed movement speed so it'll mix along well with your Krakens in battle.

I've mentioned about Stray cats earlier but here, I'll explain in detail:
The Cute Cuddly Kitten Stray Cat
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! *&resize_h=64&resize_w=64GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Stray_Cat_m

Ground Type Monster
20,000 Health at Lvl 1
144,820 at Max Lvl
Melee Resistance: D
Missile Resistance: D
Magic Resistance: D
Speed: S

So what's so good about the Stray Cat? Take a look at the speed, S rank. The highest rank for cards, simply meaning Stray Cats have the highest movement speed amongst monsters. But you would take a step back and think, "Hang on, Stray Cats Resistance is like ridiculously low. How can she stop anyone from anything if she gets taken out so quickly?" That's why you have tanks then you throw your cats in to run through :L

If you built your defence correctly, and leveled your monsters enough. You should fend off 4* to 5* leaders no problem at all. Make sure you have enough tanks to eat up all the damage for your stray cat to run through unharmed, hopefully.

Monster Line-up

GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Monster-setup-Banner

You may have been wondering, "How do I set my monsters in the order that I want it to?" Well it's pretty simple. Monsters are lined up in order of acquisition. Meaning the first monster on your inventory would come out first. For example, the first monster you ever get in your invent is say, a Mermaid. She will come out first in every time an opponent attacks. If you check your invent, use default filter and monsters filter, you can see the order your monsters come out

So how do you change the order?

For some of you, you might be familiar with the term 'Banking'. If not I'll give you a small summary here. Basically you send your ally/s your monsters and get them to cancel the trade for you. Then your units/monsters will be sent to your inbox. This is known as banking.

Once all your monsters have been banked, you simply take them out in the order that you desire. Also, remember to fave all your monsters!

Advanced Defence Making

Yep you heard me, Defence making is serious business for Defending Enthusiasts ;D So what's this title all about?

This is about the weaknesses that come with the defences you make and come up with. The possible units that your so called opponents would use to knock your monsters sky high and make you cry miserably after losing 10,000 luna that you'll eventually find in one of those training treasure boxes.

Firstly, there are 3 main unit types, Melee, Missile and Magic. So you'll need to have a healthy balance to tank all 3 types of units

Secondly, different skills that your opponent would use to eat up all your monsters.
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Debbie_%28Xmas%29Poison
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! AragonSlow
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! NanacaKnockback
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! ReveArea Attack
GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! ClaudioAttack Boost

The last two skills may not look like much but they're actually the most devastating of the skills in Monster Defences (not kidding)

Lastly, the stats of your opponent's units. Sure everyone has varying units which make it all different for every different attacker. But things like Deploy Cost and Damage you have to pay attention to. Something as much as adding an extra tank can affect how your defence would run.

Hit the Units tab on the Fantasica Encyclopedia Link I provided earlier to see the units that other people can potentially use c:

Since I ran out of things for the moment, I'll just end it here until I can figure out anything else I should list on the guide Razz

Extra Notes

My defence is open for testing, take a look, poke it. Maybe you'll find something shiny or perhaps 10,000 gold who knows xD. My ID is below my display picture :3

My Defence Status
Added 6* Fire Dragons to my Defence, now regularly beating 7*s *3*. Not sure I can improve anymore

Defence Record!

See Defence Status above pretty much explains what's going on lol. Feel free to poke my defence for a catwalk though ;3;

Spoiler:

V There's more on second post V

Last edited by SnowTempest on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:54 am; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 am

In this post I'll provide the extroadinary

Monster Percentages!

Since Resistance rankings is just a rough guide to how much a monster resists, it doesn't provide enough information for Defence enthusiasts.

Brief Rank guidance to percentages:
S rank (unsure): 0% - 15%
A rank (unsure about starting percentage): 20% - 50%
B rank: 55% - 80%
C rank: 85% - 100%
D rank: 105% +
E rank: Ridiculously low Resist. Toad has 150% E rank

28/7/13 - Created a spreadsheet for easier sorting and comparison between monsters. Most monster resistance percentages are from Fantasica Chinese Wiki. Those with '(S)' means that I tested it myself since the Wiki didn't have any information on said unit.
Clicking on the blue titles would make it sort from lowest to highest or vice-versa

1/8/13 - Merged with Fantasica Encyclopedia ^-^

Link to Spreadsheet:
Fantasica Encyclopedia - Monsters

NOTE: If anyone wants to help me with any monster resistances I don't have on the spreadsheet and own those monsters, post your ID or something for me to test thanks ^-^

vDon't Need this anymorev
Spoiler:

Last edited by SnowTempest on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:15 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
elforte

elforte

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 am

Note : If you're ballin' enough, you don't really *need* a fully balanced defense. A defense consisting of a lot of succubus (6*, S magical defense) and stray cats mixed in is very powerful.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:07 am

elforte wrote:
Note : If you're ballin' enough, you don't really *need* a fully balanced defense. A defense consisting of a lot of succubus (6*, S magical defense) and stray cats mixed in is very powerful.
hmmm would that solve the Reve AoE problem? just wondering. Reve always seems to get me .3.'
at C rank Succubus will still take 100% damage, taking 4 hits from Reve. I'm still relatively convinced the 'ideal' defence has some sort of balance.
Back to top Go down
elforte

elforte

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 am

SnowTempest wrote:
elforte wrote:
hmmm would that solve the Reve AoE problem? just wondering. Reve always seems to get me .3.'
at C rank Succubus will still take 100% damage, taking 4 hits from Reve. I'm still relatively convinced the 'ideal' defence has some sort of balance.
It depends really! If they're running 2x Reve or something ludicrous -- then no! If you have enough Succubus' though, and you squeeze them far enough, then you can get some cats through.
Back to top Go down
Nappitz

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm

So. Whats the best monster you can getfor overall usage? I.e. best stat wise or hp wise?
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 am

Nappitz wrote:
So. Whats the best monster you can getfor overall usage? I.e. best stat wise or hp wise?

king mandra. cheap. big. disturbing. massive hp. good resistance
Back to top Go down
NecroMalys

NecroMalys

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:08 pm

What determines the order in which the mons parade out or is it simply randomness.
Back to top Go down
chaosme
☆☆☆☆☆
chaosme

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 pm

The order is determined by acquisition, i.e. the first mon you receive into your unit list comes out first and so forth.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:41 am

@Nappitz: your question is a bit too unspecific. I mean we have to consider your budget and all that. I mean I could easily just said Black Dragon Razz
but those are expensive and not many are around. In any case, it's best to take a look at the Fantasica Encyclopedia I linked to on my guide.

Updated a bit on Monster Line-up
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 am

mini update
Added section: Defence Record!

Last edited by SnowTempest on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:31 am

Update on Fire Wolf and Blanche's damage percentages on the second post!
:3
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:37 am

Massive Update! Spreadsheet uploaded on 2nd post~!
Back to top Go down
Dmhlucky
☆☆
Dmhlucky

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 am

Please check this thread also. Several people have added Data here, and this could greatly help fill in some of the gaps in the database.

Cheers for doing this Btw~

Edit adding the URL would help XD
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t6750-monster-resistance-percentages
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:16 am

Ahh okay, kind of forgot about that~ I'll get to it ASAP thanks xD
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:29 am

random poke
Back to top Go down
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆
LuziMiazawa

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:11 am

Hun, you're managing the monster spreadsheet, rite?

I talked to someone who has a mlb Merrow Mon and her max HP is 686381. I think that's what we have been estimating.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:45 am

LuziMiazawa wrote:
Hun, you're managing the monster spreadsheet, rite?

I talked to someone who has a mlb Merrow Mon and her max HP is 686381. I think that's what we have been estimating.
Yup exactly that much o3o I'll take off the (E) once I get back on comp
Back to top Go down
darkenn
☆☆
darkenn

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 am

MLB Medusa HP = 449287
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am

darkenn wrote:
MLB Medusa HP = 449287
Updated thanks Cx
New Hp's and Resistances added for some of the new monsters~
Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:47 am

I never knew any of this! Thank you!

I understand how to rearrange the order of my monsters now, but any advice on what order to place them? Cats behind tanks... Anything else?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:02 am

Merivel wrote:
I never knew any of this! Thank you!

I understand how to rearrange the order of my monsters now, but any advice on what order to place them? Cats behind tanks... Anything else?
As stated on my first post, it's more fun to develop your own defence to play with. Poke other people's defence and see how they have built theirs .3. (Of course you can always poke mine) .3.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:59 am

Random bump of boredom!
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:03 am

LISIN M MLB hp = 738050

WOW, right?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:00 am

joeladams20 wrote:
LISIN M MLB hp = 738050

WOW, right?
WOW indeed, Immediately checked wiki then bought one '3'!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!   GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUIDE: Assembling your Defences & Monster Resistance Percentages - Spreadsheet Merged with Encyclopedia!
Page 1 of 1