Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]

Go down 
+92
askewlipped
Linmorn
SeikoTheWiz
sultunpepper
Split8Infinity
conductings
AaronIsNerd
keroberus2
Wheatmidge
Fezz0Blade
denny0104
aquCHAOS
zoebeagle
Guntrigger
j0k3r3r
Whenesday
SebyDC
chaoifct
timlai1209
pizzatheveggie
robdeezel
ivansensei_
larrydust
Strenhelden
unicornpower777
duhmichael17
theclashatdemonhead
deadfire23000
ilykeetinpp
ic0n
Camwinnn
beltane-flames
Rooncake
Despoted
TK
alley1221
kaieitenjitsu
animelayers
Evageek
Admin
Xiei
Alcabroz
tzerherman
ragnarok
kenthezebra
jmrrice
Dannupa
insanekyo717
Sientara
Ghost_Star
Loveapplesss
Dark Knlght
gamkins
Sladestar
Khos
gillestia
Blargod
Shokkeru
Cam
aniken671
Space Butler
Rekanize
Rakath
kelmin2000
GamingPauper
Wonju
Xzaral
bx65
hyerty
po1102
Gunzlinger
Curasa
Rayden171
NapkinPower
zTrace
xionnguyen
Stoire
jdelmundo
laplacian
sharpyzu
pnoytroi
memphiskite
TypeAlpha
JaeKun
danceparty
profile4
Sanguosha
ElysianField
LatinLegacy
King-Shawe
clocksprocket
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
zTrace

zTrace

[EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Rakath wrote:
Man, before this event I had no 5* Units, now I have three. I feel kinda big now.

Also I should sell off my excess SSL because I'm done converting things.

Ill buy em =)... How much and are you willing to trade for Time Elixers????
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Im compiling my SSS runs.

After a 100 runs on 1-5 i got 15 SSS. which is about 67 tp per SSS.

As of now i have 50 runs on 3-5 and thats working out to 88 tp per SSS.

It appears that the SSS's take the place of a chest with gold.

I will get 100 runs on 3-5 and then one later one as well (the bear one) and will also record cards, exp and gold and eventually increase the recorded runs to 1000 for each training.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm

zTrace wrote:
Rakath wrote:
Man, before this event I had no 5* Units, now I have three. I feel kinda big now.

Also I should sell off my excess SSL because I'm done converting things.

Ill buy em =)... How much and are you willing to trade for Time Elixers????

Awww I'm late D:

I want to buy too, 130k each?
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:47 pm

That's quite sad, King-Shawe.

I know exactly how it feels though. Luckily my first 5* unit was Erhard, and it took about... 16LSS and I threw like 200SSS down as well to convert him (whatever the number was, it just brought him up to best possible success chance). I wanted to be really sure. Luckily, it worked. (My 3x-failure-in-a-row was later on.) If it hadn't, I'm not sure what I'd be doing.

That and spending $$ and not getting anything sucks, and I know that as well.

Good luck to everyone though! I'm still saving LSS/SSS for later.
Back to top Go down
Rakath

Rakath

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Pretty sure if I start doing trades in here someone will yell at me. >.>

Take it over to my trade thread in the trade section?

To try and stay somewhere NEAR topic, anyone else amused they forgot to translate the message when you update your profile message?
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Rakath wrote:
Pretty sure if I start doing trades in here someone will yell at me. >.>

Take it over to my trade thread in the trade section?

To try and stay somewhere NEAR topic, anyone else amused they forgot to translate the message when you update your profile message?

Guess I'm dropping out. TEs are too luxurious for me Smile

And yea I noticed it too. That and the New Year Eve when everyone pulled rare card lol
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Where can I find all of Mina's success rate phrases in a row, so I can figure out how close I am to the impossible range, or how close I am getting to the highest, without actually waiting until I've hit that one? I think I have 4 x SSL and near 200 SSS, so I'm tryin to make it count, though thinking about throwing a SSS or two at Sonia just to be funny, see if I'm one of those people that gets lucky and converts for next to nothin, I already fed her an army (lvl 52) so maybe she'll cut me a break.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:22 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
Where can I find all of Mina's success rate phrases in a row, so I can figure out how close I am to the impossible range, or how close I am getting to the highest, without actually waiting until I've hit that one? I think I have 4 x SSL and near 200 SSS, so I'm tryin to make it count, though thinking about throwing a SSS or two at Sonia just to be funny, see if I'm one of those people that gets lucky and converts for next to nothin, I already fed her an army (lvl 52) so maybe she'll cut me a break.

There's one on the DR thread: click this
However, those lines were translated from Japanese and are not exactly what our Mina says.
Back to top Go down
Sientara
☆☆
Sientara

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 pm

GamingPauper wrote:

From least to most sucessful:

I have little faith your offering will be successful.
Hmm, improbable, but not impossible.
Well, we can always hope for the best.
Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!
I have a good feeling about this.
I think our odds for sucess are extremely high.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:00 pm

5* Sonia

First Try:
8SSL, 80SSS = Failed

9SSL = The message before the one that says "I think the odds of recruitment is high" or whatever (I was still waking up) so didn,t do that one.
10SSL = The message before the one that says "I think the odds of recruitment is high" or whatever (I was still waking up) so didn,t do that one.

2nd Try:
10SSL = The message before the one that says "I think the odds of recruitment is high" or whatever (I was still waking up) so didn,t do that one.
Started adding SSS and got the best results with:
10SSL, 100SSS = Recruited

6* Nine Tailed Fox
39SSL, 40SSS
I tried everything all the way leading up to get "I think the odds of recruitment is high". Even just did 39SSL but didn't get that message.

4* Dragonspawns
2SSL = "Youre guess is as good as mine"
4SSL = The message before "I think the odds of recruitment is high"
4SSL, 40SSS = Finally got all three
Back to top Go down
insanekyo717

insanekyo717

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:05 pm

I got luce with 2 ss(l) and 9 ss(s) at lv 17-19 i think. I just did the bare min. to get mina to say chances are extremely high.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
5* Sonia

First Try:
8SSL, 80SSS = Failed

9SSL = The message before the one that says "I think the odds of recruitment is high" or whatever (I was still waking up) so didn,t do that one.

2nd Try:

6* Nine Tailed Fox
39SSL, 40SSS
I tried everything all the way leading up to get "I think the odds of recruitment is high". Even just did 39SSL but didn't get that message.

4* Dragonspawns
They were all Lvl. 1 though haha
Back to top Go down
zTrace

zTrace

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:55 pm

"I have a good feeling about this"
Used 16SSL and 32 SSS
lvl 27 or 28
Sonia 5*
SUCCESS!~
Back to top Go down
Curasa
☆☆
Curasa

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 pm

zTrace wrote:
Used 16SSL and 32 SSS
lvl 27 or 28
Sonia 5*
SUCCESS!~

I thought the lower the level the higher the success rate?
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Curasa wrote:
zTrace wrote:
Used 16SSL and 32 SSS
lvl 27 or 28
Sonia 5*
SUCCESS!~

I thought the lower the level the higher the success rate?

So did I. But now ppl say higher lvl reduces ss cost, making me confused...
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 pm

So working with a fellow player, we tested it.

The message for the lowest tier message has a range of 1-94 SSS before changing on a level 1 Sonia.

The message for the lowest tier message has a range of 1-90 SSS before changing on a level 17 Sonia.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 pm

The higher the level, the less soulstones it takes to resurrect.
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:53 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
The higher the level, the less soulstones it takes to resurrect.

I just hadn't seen any confirmed analytical data on it.

On that, level 1's range for the second tier message appears to be 95-244 SSS.
Level 17 is 91-231

I wanna build a spreadsheet and figure out the formula the game uses now, lol.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:15 pm

I think right now for me just just go buy SS outright from newbies is more economical lol. I do need to convert units other than Sonia as well.
Back to top Go down
Dannupa

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Xzaral wrote:

So, me too. So I did this. I didn't have complete data to figure this out (I don't have enough soul stones, I accept donations). Here's what I figured out.

First the exchange rate: 1 SSL = 40 SSS. I've seen different numbers, this was easy to figure out, I'm surprised there is confusion here.

4* Tulia messages, prices in SSS, lvl 1 monster:
0-11: I have little faith that your offer will be successful
12-29: Hmm, improbable, but not impossible
30-47: Well, we can always hope for the best
48-71: Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!
72-95: I have a good feeling about this
96+: I think our odds for success are extremely high

Personally, I think the underlying function is continuous, so you improve the more you add, and the messages are just segmenting for communication, but I have no proof of this.

5* Sonia messages, prices in SSS, lvl 1 monster:
0-94: I have little faith that your offer will be successful
94-244: Hmm, improbable, but not impossible
245-393: Well, we can always hope for the best
NOTE: That's the end of my data, pattern fits 4* so extrapolation below
394-592: Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!
593-788: I have a good feeling about this
789+: I think our odds for success are extremely high

This would be a bit above the estimates I've seen, more like 20 SSL to get best message.

Impact of monster level. There appears to be a % reduction in SS needs based on monster level. The reduction is small, I calculate it at about 0.283% reduction in needs per monster level.
Actual data for "Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!" cutoff for Sonia:
Lvl 1: 394
Lvl 6: 388
Lvl 43: 346

So a level 50 Monster at the 789 base estimate for the best message would save about 110 SSS or almost 3 SSL.

I really want to figure out the probabilities because they are needed to figure out the optimal solution. My guess is the odds are "fair" where extra SS gives a proporational increase in probability, but nothing else in the game works that way, so I don't know why I think so.

The net result of this has been for me to be too big of a wuss to take a cut at my Sonia before I have more SS's.
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 pm

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsRpDucZjhLSdFc5eHo0TkhQak9WQ2gyRlViclRMM2c

This is my current worksheet right now to record data. I don't have near enough SSS's at this point either, but have someone else helping me on it. I can't post a link apparently until being a member for 7 days, so just add the h t t p s : / / stuff in front of it.

Dannupa wrote:
Xzaral wrote:

So, me too. So I did this. I didn't have complete data to figure this out (I don't have enough soul stones, I accept donations). Here's what I figured out.

First the exchange rate: 1 SSL = 40 SSS. I've seen different numbers, this was easy to figure out, I'm surprised there is confusion here.

Personally, I think the underlying function is continuous, so you improve the more you add, and the messages are just segmenting for communication, but I have no proof of this.

5* Sonia messages, prices in SSS, lvl 1 monster:
0-94: I have little faith that your offer will be successful
94-244: Hmm, improbable, but not impossible
245-393: Well, we can always hope for the best
NOTE: That's the end of my data, pattern fits 4* so extrapolation below
394-592: Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!
593-788: I have a good feeling about this
789+: I think our odds for success are extremely high

This would be a bit above the estimates I've seen, more like 20 SSL to get best message.

Impact of monster level. There appears to be a % reduction in SS needs based on monster level. The reduction is small, I calculate it at about 0.283% reduction in needs per monster level.
Actual data for "Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!" cutoff for Sonia:
Lvl 1: 394
Lvl 6: 388
Lvl 43: 346

So a level 50 Monster at the 789 base estimate for the best message would save about 110 SSS or almost 3 SSL.

I really want to figure out the probabilities because they are needed to figure out the optimal solution. My guess is the odds are "fair" where extra SS gives a proporational increase in probability, but nothing else in the game works that way, so I don't know why I think so.

The net result of this has been for me to be too big of a wuss to take a cut at my Sonia before I have more SS's.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 am

Dannupa wrote:

this is just a stupid guess of mine, with no basis whatsoever:

Could it be that for 4*s, each sss = 1%?

so 96 would be 96%, 40 would be 40%? :O

Making this assumption, we would know the range of the brackets for 5-6*s too
Back to top Go down
jmrrice

jmrrice

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:24 am

Khos wrote:
I used 5Lss and 200sss on my sonia, she was lvl 25. it gave me the "who knows, youre guess is as good as mine" i assume thats the 50/50 mark. so i gambled

so did you succeed??
Back to top Go down
jmrrice

jmrrice

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:32 am

pnoytroi wrote:
5* Sonia

First Try:
8SSL, 80SSS = Failed

2nd Try:

6* Nine Tailed Fox
39SSL, 40SSS

4* Dragonspawns

What lvl was your sonia?
Back to top Go down
Loveapplesss

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:01 am

Tullia
Lvl 20
(whatever the best recruitment chance line is)
53 SSS and 1 SSL
Success
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12] - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next