Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Units with 'mismatched' types

Go down 
+13
lmnseason
Timed
twilightschism
Tashego
Fuhajin
Despoted
Kadaan
charmmychu881
sGabe4
DeathGU1Se
MythSearcher
HoundR
Ilyere
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

Units with 'mismatched' types Empty
PostSubject: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:22 am

Hello all, just a question to begin with, but this can turn into a small discussion topic.

I have Zhao Yun, and it just feels like his unit type is wrong. He looks and acts like a Melee type, but he is categorised as Missile, which I find rather peculiar. He attacks rapidly with his staff like a melee weapon, and has a range of 130 which isn't very wide for a Missile character.

Are there any other units that you feel are categorised wrongly? Or are there units which you wish were different types?
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:53 am

Definitely agree with you on this one. Here's some of the ones I think got a wrong type:

Reve: Giant scythe... yet she's missile
Cornelia: Gladiator with a super giant mace (?), yet she's magic
Nina: I've always considered her to be more of a melee
Stefan: WTF? He turns into a tank... and he throws magic? Nonsense
Sogno: Same problem Zhao Yun has
Zhou Yu: I consider him more of a melee
Joachim: I don't care if he has a box, a bayonet, a rifle, a staff, or a goddamn magic circle around him, he should be punching people.

I'm sure there's many 4*s that don't match their type, but I don't remember any of their attacks, but I know that Henry is one of them.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Olga, dress like a little witch, does melee attack(which I find very funny)
Back to top Go down
DeathGU1Se
☆☆☆☆☆
DeathGU1Se

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Derg is apparently an assassin with a Katar. Uses magic attack...
Plautia has a giant ball n chain. Swings it and a fire ball comes out...
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Oktavia
The White WITCH is missile?

also Monica should be Melee
Back to top Go down
charmmychu881

charmmychu881

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 pm

all the magic academy units that weren't magic, lol. like winston!
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Lana is another one with a big sword, but somehow shoots missiles out of it when she swings...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Caecilia, with giant claws on each hand and a gladiator, is for some reason a mage.
Back to top Go down
Fuhajin

Fuhajin

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Joachim, a perfectly trained warrior with a strong body... Missile type, WTF?
Back to top Go down
Tashego
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 pm

V. Diana, Nina, Zhou Yu, Holly, Adamas.

V. Diana and Nina have long swords but shot out a wave from them??

Zhou Yu has a sword but shoots magic out of them?

Holly is a knight* with some kind of lance* and shoots magic.

Adamas looks like she would be melee/area attack but is magic ~_~.
Back to top Go down
DeathGU1Se
☆☆☆☆☆
DeathGU1Se

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Tashego wrote:
V. Diana, Nina, Zhou Yu, Holly, Adamas.

Zhou Yu has a sword but shoots magic out of them?

Holly is a knight* with some kind of lance* and shoots magic.

Adamas looks like she would be melee/area attack but is magic ~_~.
Have you seen the flying blade attack?

It goes something like this.
Back to top Go down
twilightschism
☆☆
twilightschism

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:37 am

4* Gloria is one i've seen where having a sword and being a missile type makes sense. She throws the whole sword at the enemy. What doesn't make sense is how she gets the sword back. I figure the sword is chained to her or something.
Clarissa copies this except she seems to be summoning an endless supply of swords that fly at their targets. She doesn't appear to be actually throwing them, so I believe she should be a mage instead of a Missile
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:50 am

Tashego wrote:

Well, this is an Asian fantasy thing?
Their sword swing is so powerful that it creates a shock wave/vacuum to cut the target.

Quite usual in Chinese and Japanese literature, and really a normal attack in anime, thus I don't even find them unusual...
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:46 am

Alexander is a 6* ....
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am

Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

DING DING DING we have a winner!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 am

sGabe4 wrote:
Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

His stats are actually pretty high, I don't see that as a mismatch.
It is just that slow attack speed, and people are looking for more when they pay for a 6*, while he is pretty much the cheapest one available.
Beatrix got lower stats and only a D speed(not much faster), but a much smaller range.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 am

MythSearcher wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

It is just that slow attack speed, and people are looking for more when they pay for a 6*, while he is pretty much the cheapest one available.
Beatrix got lower stats and only a D speed(not much faster), but a much smaller range.

Beatrix actually gets to attack more than once during a quest Razz
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:09 am

sGabe4 wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

Beatrix actually gets to attack more than once during a quest Razz

I figure you need to have reversed speed units in a quest.
In a quest with monsters that are fast and comes out in large numbers, Alexander's attack usually land right on the monsters that come out later, if you have Fawn in the back, Alexander's attack usually hit right on those that got knocked back as well.
In a quest that got really slow but high health monsters, you want a quick unit that attack a lot of times is far better, but the same unit might not be able to hit all monsters passing through if there are simply too many.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:38 am

MythSearcher wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

Alexander hits and miss.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm

lmnseason wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

Alexander hits and miss.

That's why you aim at the units that follows XD
Back to top Go down
Brokenluckx3
☆☆
Brokenluckx3

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm

HoundR wrote:

Joachim: I don't care if he has a box, a bayonet, a rifle, a staff, or a goddamn magic circle around him, he should be punching people.

Lol this is why were friends =P

hmm..
Charl has a scythe and a knife but is magic (idk what her attack looks like though)
Deesse has a staff thing, which makes sense for magic, but it has an axe head to it(dont remember what his attack looks like either though,sry)
Holly is a knight, with a giant lace thing but is magic.. (and for that matter why is she a tomboy? shes wearing a pink freakin skirt!!!
just cuz her outfit isnt half missing/see-through and her boobs arent poping out? well shiz, then Im a tomboy too i guess wtf lol
sorry, thats totally off topic but seriously... scratch
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Timed wrote:
Alexander is a 6* ....

his nose hair + horse's breast hair = deadly hair combo I ever seen

ot:

Claudio... he should be a 7*
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:45 am

Brokenluckx3 wrote:
HoundR wrote:

Lol this is why were friends =P

hmm..
Charl has a scythe and a knife but is magic (idk what her attack looks like though)
Deesse has a staff thing, which makes sense for magic, but it has an axe head to it(dont remember what his attack looks like either though,sry)
Holly is a knight, with a giant lace thing but is magic.. (and for that matter why is she a tomboy? shes wearing a pink freakin skirt!!!
just cuz her outfit isnt half missing/see-through and her boobs arent poping out? well shiz, then Im a tomboy too i guess wtf lol
sorry, thats totally off topic but seriously... scratch

Holly's Japanese description never suggests she's a tomboy, I have no idea how anyone get the idea she's a tomboy at all.
The language she uses is also quite feminine, a more direct translation is "That's quite impertinent (of you), to make me feel embarrassed." with all the female sentence structure like だわ embedded and female 1st person pronoun あたし.
だわ dawa is not even normal grammar, its more like girl's talk, and あたし Atashi is a deformed version of the more correct neutral 1st person pronoun 私Watashi, cutting out the "W" to make one sound more cute...
A tomboy in Japan usually uses ぼく/僕/ボク(all pronounces as Boku), which is a boyish type of 1st person pronoun and a grown male usually uses 俺 Ore(which is rude so seldom used in formal speech)
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 am

It's probably because in anime short hair = tomboy
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 am

Timed wrote:
It's probably because in anime short hair = tomboy

I can almost immediatedly name a few quite famous and popular ones that are not.
For example,
Evangelion's Ayanami have short hair.
Card Captor Sakura's Sakura is not a tomboy.
There go the first and third Loli Queens in Anime(the second is Ruri in Nadesico, twin tail)
Sailor Mercury is the smart and quiet type but is the only short hair in the first main 5.(least tomboy-ish character)
Love Hina, the shy girl Shinobu got short hair.
The Ayanami Rei's clone characters like the one in Zero no tsukaima and Haruhi(don't even remember their names) have same hair colour and personality like Rei.

Granted, I like long hair girls, but it is quite seldom that short hair is stereo-typed as tomboy in anime.
(tomboys are usually short hair, but not the other way around.)

Also, Holly seems to have her long hair tugged inside her armour, instead of having short hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Units with 'mismatched' types   Units with 'mismatched' types I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Units with 'mismatched' types
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next