Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Value of 6* units

Go down 
+12
mac2492
furiousjeff
Amasuro
TheRain7
memphiskite
matakaw
KuroStar
kfcjamal
UkyoSonoda
aznktv
AzakaZero
V-Clan
16 posters
AuthorMessage
V-Clan

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 am

I'm sure most have noticed the recent tank in 6* prices. I'm sure it doesn't help with another free 6* on the way. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is just a valley, and that the prices will go back up to what they were? or that the prices will continue to stay low as they are? or if prices will decline even further?

Lately it's hard to find someone who will not give a wicked lowball offer (trades or pure/mix), people don't seem to have pure unless they get something for nothing. Granted i do see some 6*s holding their value, but it's mostly the lower end to some mid end 6*s where the PC seems to be compressed into a 12-22te range for F/MLB.

Just curious to see other opinions or thoughts on this. Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:01 am

This is just my personal opinion but I think 5* is the new 4* and 6* is the new 5*. Meaning prices are there to stay or go even lower.

The game currently contains a lot of 6* units that are of no use beyond pretty artwork. There is no incentive to hoard 6* units, once you have your teams set up every 6* you get is pretty much sale fodder. Too many units, not enough demand.

So they introduced 7* units that are more powerful and still rare, and eventually, once 7*s are common enough, they will introduce 8* units.
Back to top Go down
aznktv

aznktv

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:13 pm

AzakaZero wrote:
This is just my personal opinion but I think 5* is the new 4* and 6* is the new 5*. Meaning prices are there to stay or go even lower.

The game currently contains a lot of 6* units that are of no use beyond pretty artwork. There is no incentive to hoard 6* units, once you have your teams set up every 6* you get is pretty much sale fodder. Too many units, not enough demand.

So they introduced 7* units that are more powerful and still rare, and eventually, once 7*s are common enough, they will introduce 8* units.
I agree with the above. It's supply and demand. There are more supplies than there are demand, which may also be a factor to why 3-5* cards are also dropping in value.
Back to top Go down
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆
UkyoSonoda

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 pm

I don't really see a rise in card prices in general coming unless they add some new method of destroying or consuming cards that is far more lucrative than enhancement exp or leane exchange points. The reason for this IMO is the marketing plan they've been keeping on events where they include event specific non tradeable consumables with card packs. Because of this ppl wanting to rank will buy large numbers of card boxes just for the items then try to minimize their losses or get the most out of their purchase by selling off anything decent they might have pulled in the process. However many of these people want it sold ASAP thus you start seeing fire sales, auctions, and ppl undercutting by large amounts just to get that sale immediately for TE.
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:57 pm

prices will never rise except for some rare cases. vlad and monica used to be worth 1.5k te; look at their prices now.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 pm

kfcjamal wrote:
prices will never rise except for some rare cases. vlad and monica used to be worth 1.5k te; look at their prices now.
Sofia used to be .... hundreds of TE...
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Lol Monica 1.5k TE? Vlad? Unless you are old timer. But both of these are cheap now.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:48 pm

I remember Monica & Vlad at 2.5k to 3k.... but that was more than a year ago when there was only around 20-30 6*s to choose from.

Now, everything is all dropping in price fast, and there's nothing anyone can do to bring them back up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
TheRain7

TheRain7

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:02 pm

The only way card prices could possibly rise again is if TE prices drop.... <___< like if they start selling TE for Luna or something crazy.
Back to top Go down
Amasuro
☆☆☆
Amasuro

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm just imagining Laetitia being worth 50TE 6 months from now.

Hey, maybe if we save our TE now we can buy an 8* later on Razz
Back to top Go down
furiousjeff
☆☆

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:49 pm

I first started just under a yr ago in late December and the 5*s were priced EXACTLY at what 6*s are being priced at now. High DC and useless 6* being at 15-20 and good useful arena 6*s at 40-60 and upwards. m4*s were at 8TE, and seems to be the same for m5*s now. LE event 4*s went 2-3TE, same thing for 5*s now.

I'll tell you what though, if any unit is holding value it's probably Charles.. I got one at 140 6months ago and his price is still hovering just above 100. I got a Paris at 80 3 months ago and her price is down in the dumps at 25-30.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Nah, I would say 5* Elizabeth is the one currently holding price from the day she arrived.

Every owner seems to be valuing her at 300-350 TE, unless one of them got desperate & sold her at a lower value. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
mac2492

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Only LE cards that are popular for artwork and/or stats could go up in price, but even those will start to drop as more high rarity cards are put into circulation.

Supply is through the roof. Standard 5*s are starting to sell for 1TE, and I've seen a 6* for as low as 13TE. 4*s sell as low as 0.2 GOD. @_@

It boils down to the fact that people are shooting for two things.
1) aesthetic appeal
2) power
Each player likely has a wishlist of at most two dozen units. Everything else is fodder. With the amount of cards being put into circulation it's no surprise that everything's losing value.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:58 am

Supply and Demand

* Supply is increasing as the number of packs pulled and the number of players in-game increases.

* The variety of available 6*'s eliminates the need for hoarding. GREAT units like Monica are inexpensive due to availability. That being said, there are more desirable units available.

* Trends: It's not that Paris, Eurydike, and Monica have stopped being good/useful, it's that there are prettier/shinier/faster alternatives available. Unless you're one of the members of the top 5-10 Guilds, Monica is just as effective as ever. Her speed D is mostly irrelevant when she's part of the attack team. 150k arena damage is huge. But, back to trends, the desirable units are SPD A or B, low DC, and preferably have an arena skill. That may or may not be the correct approach - especially when tonic/pot spam renders such stats nearly moot.

* Everything new is more expensive than everything old. Reinhard is still a good unit. He's just cheap because he's far from rare. He's not flashy, his artwork isn't remarkable, and he doesn't do anything unique in the Arena - even less outside of it. He's just effective and prolific.

* Prices are dictated by the market. The more people that have access to the units (market,) the more prices will settle at a level that seems less ludicrous. LE units, particularly 6*'s and 7*'s of which only 10-50 copies exist can warrant a 1500TE+ price because that's comparable to the amount one would spend in MobaCoin on TE/Pots to achieve that end ranking result. Sometimes, prices fall below that. As the ranking player base diversifies, the ability to set a price floor on units disappears since it's harder to collude.

Expect the trade value of 6*'s to continue to fall to current 5* levels for all but the most rare and useful units. 7*'s will begin to reach 300'ish for the least useful and widely available of the units before too long, especially as more 7*'s are released. I don't expect that 8*'s are on the horizon, and I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if they ever happen. Finally, unless the unit was a rank reward unit, expect that it could be reprinted at some point (see: Legacy Packs.) This means Liz7, Lana7, Ethelred7, Loanne, Laeticia, Romulus, Anemone, Euphemia, Edea, Ingrid, Libera, Mimic, and Vanessa are all eligible for reprint and for more copies to appear on the market.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Falcon,

I would be shocked if 8*'s weren't in the cards for next year sometime, probably mid-year. It would appear that SS is skipping events for us that occurred in Japan to catch us up so that everyone is on the same schedule. Why? Probably for 8* release.

Also, we're getting around 100 new 7* hitting the pool every week. That's not that many yet, but one thing to note is that for the 3 million download event, they raised the GA 7* unit counts. But.... they didn't go back down. We're still going to see around 150 new 7*'s from this guild war, not including pack pulls, so probably 200 new ones. These aren't all going to be valued over 1k te, so we're going to continue to see 7* prices fall. If 7* prices fall, that is less incentive for people to spend on them, so I'm sure 8* is coming. Just wonder how they'll fit all the stars along the bottom.
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 am

xfalconhunterx wrote:
* Prices are dictated by the market.

correct. But, most of the price was manipulated by alot low baller. Main problem is cards value didnt get standardized.

i understand that everyone want to buy cheaper card. yet, buyer always low ball the card without knowing it was destroying the card value. Buyer claim that the price they offer is fair based on the PC from ftrade or whatever sources. But, price check is NOT the actual price; it is just an estimation.

in the same time, seller try to sell their card but not try to stand their price. They just agree to sell cheaper after buyer low ball afew times. perhaps seller was misunderstood the price was dropped due to false message from low baller.

Now, buyer success low ball the card and bought it. He try to resell (soon or later). Another buyer low ball the card again. This chain result the card value drop in no time.

let's assume a simple formula for a card value: MLB cost (means feeder + ambrosia + goddess) + * rarity + other side factors (such as event unit, stats, art, rarity and etc)

take example on 5*, assume MLB cost is 15TE , some MLB 5* cant event sell for 15 TE. As a seller, will you want suffer lose in a transaction? of course no one want. later, 5* has no choice but degrade into Luna price. this trend is moving to 6* too.

Most buyers never think that he could be seller in future but just low ball as hard as they can. Perhaps it is a good news for casual/free player in short term, but those hard earn 6* lose the value in the same time for them.

You ruin the market price; market price ruin your card value. Simple as that.

You want keep 6* value? stop being low baller as buyer, stand your price as seller.
Back to top Go down
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆
UkyoSonoda

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:01 am

Much of the lowball caving you mentioned has to do with slow market. New, free, and casual players have a harder time gathering the TE to make these 6* purchases because they simply aren't finding buyers for the 4*'s or 5*s they get from events, ticket pulls, or the few packs they buy. This results in players with a fair number of 6* units they're trying to sell being stuck sitting on those as well waiting for a buyer. When said buyer finally appears there's usually multiple people with that 6* unit thus they undercut eachother to make that sale now out of fear of either not finding another buyer or having the card devalue further by the time another buyer appears.
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:40 pm

I've been seeing may 6* fire selling for less than 20te! While everything has dropped feeders have escaped the impact so your 5 level 100 feeders are still worth a five star. Your 1 level 80 4* might just be worth a 5*. Great chance for upward mobility with some level grinding:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Value of 6* units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value of 6* units   Value of 6* units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Value of 6* units
Page 1 of 1