Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?

Go down 
+41
Onisunit
themadmanazn
deedlit228
Ilyere
Kimika9394
Bsalza
Nathanmg
Yuan
Joradx
tomoyo
Tonja
Sabin76
Tylor-Rylatt
Esofonic
memphiskite
Accyrsed
aubade888
nakuai
BraveDemon
GoldoaWillNotMove
thearm05
pnoytroi
BkWiz
vitamin99
saphion
nightmarejin
karmacappa
leosiu
HoundR
pknott
CP_Cranfill
MythSearcher
Sokku
sGabe4
lmnseason
Cam
Happiemealz
Tashego
predator852
M60A1
Guchkoo
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆
GoldoaWillNotMove

6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Honestly, being rude to lowballers still doesn't make sense to me from a logical standpoint.

The way I see it:

If a person lowballs you, you can do 2 of the following.

1. Type 3 letters and move on with your day.

2. Waste 5 minutes typing out on fanta's horrid chat system why offerer is a dumb moron and that they should eat **** and learn prices and then proceed to whine to their allies about lolballers.

It's just a waste of time that could have been spent grinding and/or advertising. I can understand if a little irritated when you get your 10th "fJoakim+3TE for mManfed" offer but it still isn't worth it for me. You probably could have sold one of those mixed trades you were offered with the amount of time some people spend chewing out lowballers.

Maybe I just think this just because I realized long ago that I wasted too many hours of my life arguing with idiots on gamefaqs/joystiq/ign/etc. that I could have spent doing something productive.

TL;DR: Lowballers ain't worth the time/stress to be getting upset about.
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:37 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Let's do something fun.

Market Price

Banana - 50TE
Lemon - 20TE
Tomato - 30TE

I have a Banana and I want to sell it for 50TE pure. Someone offered me a Lemon and a Tomato which is equal to the price of the banana. I would be a very stupid seller if I take the deal. I would ask for extra 5-10TE before I accept the trade. Why would I be so stupid on giving my Banana away while taking only an equal value trade? If I downgrade my Banana to a Lemon and a Tomato, it gives me more work on selling it and it also doubled my time.

This is why I don't like many people who don't understand card flipping and call card flippers as low ballers.

If I give you something you want, you should also give me something I want. That's what we call trading. We may not be trading our cards often but we are all still trading resources. I am aware that it's a trading card game but this game has currency and TE is treated like gold.

On the other hand, we should all just say "nty" to offers we don't need. It takes away any arguments.

You're overpricing your Banana, Banana is same tier as Lemon/Tomato.
Use Papaya or Watermelon instead xD
Back to top Go down
BraveDemon

BraveDemon

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I personally think that there's really no excuse to be rude period...

With that said, it's a two way streak. You would be foolish to walk into a store and demand to buy a PS3 for $20 dollars - when the sales person laughs in your face you can cry all you want about how he/she was rude, but a ridiculously lowball offer like that in the first place is arguably just as rude.

Ignorance (claiming "I don't know how much X is worth") does not excuse lowballing - it takes very little to figure out what a "fair price" for a card in this game is, just like it takes very little to figure out how much a PS3 costs.

For example. The absolute worst lowball I was offered was mDiane+3 max 4*s' for OG Diana. I replied "No thx." He responded with: "Ok I'll add 5 TE." I replied "Not even close." He replied: "Come on man. She's my Dream Card. I'll add 15 TE." I replied: "She's NFT." He continued to offer for the rest of the day adding fresh 4*'s and luna. I then got annoyed so I blocked him. Now imagine running into someone like that consistently - how do you expect me not to get easily annoyed?

I rarely get upset (especially over games), and I'll overlook stupidity once or twice, maybe even three times. But if you keep on acting like an idiot, expect me to treat you like one.

Back to top Go down
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆
leosiu

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:23 pm

nty sometimes seems to be to brief. Some inexperienced traders will ask you why and about the pricing and stuff. So, you have to explain to them.
It is annoying to do that but sometimes, you will have to. Many players do not know the price and they think their cards are great. They read the forum and say yeah....I have 5 m5* and I can give a shot to have a 6*....But what they got was like Joa, Eleanor, Patricia, Fiona and Rose, they wanna to give a shot to Dana, Nana or Paris....

Ignorance is the root of all evil
Back to top Go down
nakuai
☆☆
nakuai

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
I don't say nty, because if I tell the other party why I don't want to accept the trade, sometimes we can reach a common ground.

oh heavens Very Happy finally someone who understands me and thinks the same as me... I seriously think that even that "nty" is like a punch in the face... My opinion is that even if there is a 40 char limit you could be so nice to write "sry not what i'm LF" or "sry but no thx" but when someone writes "nty" on my wall It gives of a feel of arrogance... like that person doesn't even want to bother with me Sad

Anyway I always try to be nice and reply in full sentences even if the offer is an obvious lowball (like a set of max 5*s for fenrir or something like that) it's just like MythSearcher said you can start a negotioation that way or just end it in a nice way without the other party starting to flame on you or vice-versa...

Last edited by nakuai on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm

No trading = no rude people

Problem solved Smile
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:45 pm

If you take "nty" as an offense, you got a serious personal problem that no others can solve. This is just a game where we all can accept or reject. To complicate it with our own personal feelings will frustrate its own. This is where hate and anger seeds rather than moving on.

There are many bad things to say rather than nty. Be glad the person gave thanks and not insult.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Tickets aren't that common, Prob be less than 75 lys total
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 pm

BkWiz wrote:

Hard to say, but if you got 2~3 from personal pts reward, you likely get at least 2 from the team.
And you get much more if you are in the rankings.
Avg 4~5 ticket per person for the 10k active players seems to be a reasonable prediction.

The problem is are they giving us 0.2% chance or 0.1% chance.
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:22 pm

The only time I care about lowballing is from traders who I have seen complain about other people lowballing them. I will see them put in allchat "Omg! Look at the fool on my wall who offered me X amount of te for this card" (usually it's like 20-30 te under market value). Then they go to your wall and lowball you for like 50 percent less than the market value XD. I just feel like if you're going to be a dick at least be a consistent dick.

Usually when I see really funny lowballs I tend to printscreen them. Like I saw someone advertise in the RCR they wanted to trade Eyry for V.Diana.
Back to top Go down
Accyrsed

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:35 pm

nakuai wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
I don't say nty, because if I tell the other party why I don't want to accept the trade, sometimes we can reach a common ground.

oh heavens Very Happy finally someone who understands me and thinks the same as me... I seriously think that even that "nty" is like a punch in the face... My opinion is that even if there is a 40 char limit you could be so nice to write "sry not what i'm LF" or "sry but no thx" but when someone writes "nty" on my wall I always feel so insulted... It gives of a feel of arrogance... like that person doesn't even want to bother with me Sad

Anyway I always try to be nice and reply in full sentences even if the offer is an obvious lowball (like a set of max 5*s for fenrir or something like that) it's just like MythSearcher said you can start a negotioation that way or just end it in a nice way without the other party starting to flame on you or vice-versa...

Agreed. I don't take offense to a "no, thank you". I take offense at someone responding "h*** no" (wasn't sure if it needed to be censored on here)...when I just offered to sell the card for below market price as I want it off my hands. And I've negotiated before. It works. It's just that most people don't want to waste their time trying it, with the constant events. There's always one right after the other. I mean, don't get me wrong, they can be fun. But when there's no letup I feel as if normal game activities are prevented, such as trading. Those who are really active and maybe willing to trade are in the event, while those who aren't are the ones selling their cards. But that's only a guess.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

BkWiz wrote:

I'm guessing it'll be less than that, let's say 17 Lys....

Standard ticket draw chance is still in effect and I still think it's s***....
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

If I'm not mistaken, another event similar to this was a 5% drop rate...but I can't find that info anymore when I tried to look for it again.

So will just assume its a .03% drop rate as usual.
Back to top Go down
thearm05
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 pm

I drop nty when their offer is so far from what I am looking for that there is no salvaging it.

If they offer one card I like and the rest I disagree with then I will usually tell them what I like.

However if I am looking for pure TE for a 6* and they offer 2 max 5*s 2 max 4*s and 10 te I will say nty and not think twice about it.
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Let's do something fun.

Market Price

Banana - 50TE
Lemon - 20TE
Tomato - 30TE

I have a Banana and I want to sell it for 50TE pure. Someone offered me a Lemon and a Tomato which is equal to the price of the banana. I would be a very stupid seller if I take the deal. I would ask for extra 5-10TE before I accept the trade. Why would I be so stupid on giving my Banana away while taking only an equal value trade? If I downgrade my Banana to a Lemon and a Tomato, it gives me more work on selling it and it also doubled my time.

This is why I don't like many people who don't understand card flipping and call card flippers as low ballers.

If I give you something you want, you should also give me something I want. That's what we call trading. We may not be trading our cards often but we are all still trading resources. I am aware that it's a trading card game but this game has currency and TE is treated like gold.

On the other hand, we should all just say "nty" to offers we don't need. It takes away any arguments.

I don't even wanted to sell my banana... confused

back to topic:

Just like what others stated before, a seller might become rude if he/she got a lowball offer for several days.

As for me, even if I got a lowball offer, I tried my best to reply it in a polite way.

Some guys might be desperate to obtain certain card but not enough resource to begin with. Telling them to shift their target to a more reasonable card can help both parties in the long run.
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Esofonic wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
Let's do something fun.

Market Price

Banana - 50TE
Lemon - 20TE
Tomato - 30TE

I don't even wanted to sell my banana... confused

back to topic:

Just like what others stated before, a seller might become rude if he/she got a lowball offer for several days.

As for me, even if I got a lowball offer, I tried my best to reply it in a polite way.

Some guys might be desperate to obtain certain card but not enough resource to begin with. Telling them to shift their target to a more reasonable card can help both parties in the long run.

True. A day (or two) ago, a 5* owner posted on one of my super ranking allies "max 5*s+30 TE for a 6*" They were reg 5*s against my ally's Hippo, Loki, Adamas, etc. While my ally just sent him back to the 9th circle of hell, I told him the cheapest 6*s he could find are Doro/Rein and Alex for even less, he wasn't aware of most prices so he thanked me. Now he's one of my alt's allies and he already got Rein Very Happy

I understand my ally, though. If you have those kind of offers for super rare LE 6*S every day, it becomes annoying, he even posts "having a lowball night" every now and then, I check his wall and, indeed, he always gets those kinds of offers for his 6*S. Having bad offers for regular 6*s isn't cool, now imagine it with units you spend LOTS of money and time on.
Back to top Go down
Tylor-Rylatt

Tylor-Rylatt

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 am

I've started this game like hmm....now 16 days ago or so, and when i got enough strong cards there was the gemstones palace event, and I liked most of cards, specially Perla.

Few days ago, I saw a guy/girl selling a lv 86 Perla, and asked her what was the concurrent offer, she/he didn't tell me, but she told me she was looking for a card or TEs.....I asked what and/or how much and she/he answered a maxed rein or 90 TEs

.....that just fuc*** up my idea about card's prices ._.
Back to top Go down
http://risoukyou.tumblr.com
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 am

HoundR wrote:

I understand my ally, though. If you have those kind of offers for super rare LE 6*S every day, it becomes annoying, he even posts "having a lowball night" every now and then, I check his wall and, indeed, he always gets those kinds of offers for his 6*S. Having bad offers for regular 6*s isn't cool, now imagine it with units you spend LOTS of money and time on.

It is quite easy to understand.

The first day of the event, my main (Matahari as lead) got into within rank 200, nothing much happened.
The third day of the event, my alt got into within rank 200, my wall is bombarded with trade offers that I don't even know what they are trying to offer for until I realise the leader is Reamy, which is rarer and people are offering for her. However, the offers are all quite random and a lot of them are like 2~3 max 4*, or regular 5*, and the worst is like 4TE to buy a 5*. Well, some are selling their own 6*, and some are offering reasonable price.

I just ignored all of them since most are already flushed away when I got on by newer posts, and it took me a while before I understand what they are offering, by that time, my normal ally channel already flushed all of them away. =P
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 am

Tylor-Rylatt wrote:
I've started this game like hmm....now 16 days ago or so, and when i got enough strong cards there was the gemstones palace event, and I liked most of cards, specially Perla.

Few days ago, I saw a guy/girl selling a lv 86 Perla, and asked her what was the concurrent offer, she/he didn't tell me, but she told me she was looking for a card or TEs.....I asked what and/or how much and she/he answered a maxed rein or 90 TEs

Hey, if you have 10000 active players, with only 200 of a certain card, the price goes up.
Perla is rarer than a lot of regular 6*s, and the only thing making her price cheaper than most of the 6* is because her stats are not as high and it is more of a collector's item instead of a useful unit.
But I guess There are people like me, who love a particular 5* card, and thus an alt account will be using that card as leader.
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:28 am

MythSearcher wrote:
Tylor-Rylatt wrote:

Hey, if you have 10000 active players, with only 200 of a certain card, the price goes up.
Perla is rarer than a lot of regular 6*s, and the only thing making her price cheaper than most of the 6* is because her stats are not as high and it is more of a collector's item instead of a useful unit.
But I guess There are people like me, who love a particular 5* card, and thus an alt account will be using that card as leader.

What are you talking about. She is rather well endowed with "stats." Wink
Back to top Go down
Tonja

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:27 am

pknott wrote:
The value of cards is too subjective. This extends to both sides. Low end players overvalue their cards by quite a bit, Mid/high end players have no use for the low end players cards.

"The value of cards is too subjective" made me lol. You know that is a tautology, right?
Back to top Go down
Guchkoo

Guchkoo

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:33 am

Happiemealz wrote:
You'd be surprised at the level of ignorance some of us 6*s have towards prices too (either that or we're intentionally ignorant in the hopes of scoring a better deal). We get verbally abused by others occasionally, too.

I had one incident of a Dana user insisting that her card was worth both a Nanaca and Mata combined, PLUS TE. I felt more lulz than offended.

Am curious though, how much did you offer for Rubi?
Well, I didn't have any TE or POTS, so I asked if they'd take a bunch of 4*s I had, maxed and some being leveled.

And thus, they began their "comments".

I figure most people would say no, but I also thought, "Well, they can't say no unless I ask!" and "The worst they can say is no," but boy, was I wrong.

The 5* I have now (Elena) I got by trading some of my 4* cards. Not sure if that's a good deal or not, but it is to me, since it's my first, and only, 5* right now. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Guchkoo

Guchkoo

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 am

CP_Cranfill wrote:
Mine wasn't a trade problem but I had a 6* player that was real proud of Adamas from last event. The 6* got teamed up with my team for the flower maiden event. After the first fever 6* started telling his allies were all a bunch of noobs. Our team has six players. All but mr.6* we all have 5* leaders and are in chapter 30 or higher. Arrogant jerk right! This hot shot player keeps dropping 40 sun drops and is the least productive member of the team. I think this is a case of perspective. Not all of us are willing to spend $100s to rank.
Seriously, too!
And people that don't pay don't always have the entire day to cater to playing Fantasica to get a high rank, which I did once and it worked very well for the first three days I was able to play Fantasica non stop.
Back to top Go down
Guchkoo

Guchkoo

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 am

BkWiz wrote:
I'm usually one of the following two (Or both at the same time):

1) Informative
2) Blunt

Considering the 40 character limit, it's difficult not to be blunt simply due to the fact that it's a pain to type out long responses and have to edit them.

However, when people mistake being blunt for being rude or mean...well it's always fun to 'educate' them what 'mean/rude' really is... Twisted Evil

Unsurprisingly people prefer to talk to me when I'm the first or second, and not the hidden third one...
This person was literally a niggardly niggling niggler. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guchkoo

Guchkoo

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 am

BkWiz wrote:
Sokku wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
This game have way too many lowballers.

More like no one on this game knows how to negotiate.

I bet 90% of these people that play this game walk into a car dealership and pay sticker price!

This.

There is no such thing as lowballing, only points of negotiation.

Well I take that back. I reserve lowballers for those who chronically do it and make laughable offers when they really should know better...
Well, there are two sides of it I think.
Like, what one person may seem as laughable might just be everything that the other person has to offer.
All it takes is a simple no and they're on their way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next