Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Need Advice

Go down 
+8
sGabe4
Jerky
LivingNexus
Ghost_Star
Esofonic
memphiskite
DeathGU1Se
Grazingcattle
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Grazingcattle

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 pm

As it stands, I have a 5* leader (Ignat) which I am leveling up
and a handful of 4* level 30 and below cards.

With out any TE or pots to my name and just 1.5mil luna I pause to consider where to go from here.

Looking at 6* prices I find it unlikely that I would be in a position to buy one for a very long time. 5* cards seem within my reach. Most people will accept Some amount of Max 4*s for a fresh 5*

Would it be worth Level Breaking good 5* cards instead of trying to build a team of 6*s? What 5*s would you consider worth it? Oh and what should I do with all my 3* stuff I get? Its not good enough to use but not bad enough to just sell

Back to top Go down
DeathGU1Se
☆☆☆☆☆
DeathGU1Se

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Grazingcattle wrote:

With out any TE or pots to my name and just 1.5mil luna I pause to consider where to go from here.

Looking at 6* prices I find it unlikely that I would be in a position to buy one for a very long time. 5* cards seem within my reach. Most people will accept Some amount of Max 4*s for a fresh 5*

Would it be worth Level Breaking good 5* cards instead of trying to build a team of 6*s? What 5*s would you consider worth it? Oh and what should I do with all my 3* stuff I get? Its not good enough to use but not bad enough to just sell

I would save the fruits for 6*'s or prime arena units.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 am

IGNAT IS AWESOME. HANDS DOWN.

Sorry, on a more game serious moment, if you truly believe 6*s are quite unobtainable for you, then there shouldn't be anything to stop you on using your fruits (or Ambrosia) on your preferred 5*s.

Currently, it seems quite easy to get Ambrosia for us if you've been sacrificing some premium tickets for Leana Points. Plus you'll probably get a couple freebies in certain events when they arrive.

As for which 5*s, I tend to leave that to your judgement and other people's opinions, as I personally will use my Ambrosia on whomever I like regardless of what people say. The only 5*s you shouldn't bother limit breaking would be Emma, Fiona, Julia, Elena, Thrain & Hrwm. I think I may have missed some more....

For 3*s, you can choose to either sell for more luna if you need it desperately or use them as feeders to level up your units faster.
If you feed 17 1*s into a 3* to get them to lv10, selling 5 of those could net you a couple of TE, should you find a buyer.
LE 3*s, you should only sell them for TE to collectors or trade for more 3*s, since someone told me off for eating all the 3* Armed Forces, Princesses, Witches & Full Metal units.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:38 am

You need not to rush buddy..

Even up until now I don't have any 6* unit and I'm okay with that (my allies never complaint to me so I think they are ok) Very Happy

You can try leveling up your ignat til maxed before selling him. After that continue to your regular 4* that can be sold for around 5 te when maxed.

As for LB, it's totally up to you. Personally, I will only lvl break card that I love and part of my arena team. Wink

Just enjoy what you have atm and slowly lvl them up. By the moment you maxed all your units, you will realize you already have enough resource to buy another unit Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 am

Grazingcattle wrote:

I would say save on your fruits for now... once you do get your hot hands on a 6* it should be relatively easy to get it level broken. Now that doesnt mean you should go and level break igant right away, i would have a reserve, or have enough on hand to break two 5*s before your break one... I would also say hold off on Igant and wait for a better one. It will probably be a while before you can get a farmable 5* worth level breaking but Zadne from this event (which is farmable) and the E speed one from goblin cave (next event which is luck based drop rather than farmable) could go together to trade for a really good 5*... ie Igant and one other 5* could get you a pretty good 5* worth level breaking.

And yes, 5*s still trade for four to five max 4*s all the time so that is a great way to get more 5*'s... so for now dont worry about level breaking, just get Igant maxed and max some more 4*s so you can snatch up a deal when someone wants to trade a 5* for maxed 4's
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:42 am

Er, "farmable" implies that you can collect many of them by yourself. As far as I know, each person can only earn 1 Zande. You can think of grinding 37-6 as "farming" bt if you want to, but Zande himself is not farmable.
Back to top Go down
Jerky

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:16 am

I feel your pain.

I recently bought a max Eleanor for 11 te, 6 potions, and 2 max 4*s (I don't know if I got ripped off or not), and now it seems impossible to get anything else.

I'm really trying to get Zande so that I can have another 5*. I already level broke Eleanor once, and if you're consistently selling your cards to Leana's shop, you should get ambrosias pretty easily (I have about 6-7 ambrosias at the moment).

I'd say just try to collect 4*s, level them, and trade them for 5*s, then when you have enough 5*s, trade for 6*. I understand that this will probably take quite a long time, but luckily 4*s are pretty easy to get during events.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 am

LivingNexus wrote:
Er, "farmable" implies that you can collect many of them by yourself. As far as I know, each person can only earn 1 Zande. You can think of grinding 37-6 as "farming" bt if you want to, but Zande himself is not farmable.

right.... a better word would have been grindable
Back to top Go down
Grazingcattle

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks for all the advice so far.

My main issue is that getting a team of 6s seems way more difficult then a team of level broken 5s.

Does anyone have a level broken 5*? Are they close to 6* or still significantly worse?
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 am

no need to rush
took me about 4 months to get my first 6*
just try and get more 5*s
even the crappy ones are good if you lvl them up and then flip them for better f5*s
that's what I did

buy a bunch of crappy 5*s, then trade them for good fresh 5*s then finally I traded 5 LE 5*s for a fMoni

now I'm starting all over again Very Happy
freaking long process but it's worth it if you really like the game
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am

The jump from 5* to 6* is a big one - even bigger than the jump from 4* to 5* Then there's the jump from "entry level" 6* to good LE 6* (I'm still not there yet - I only have Petra and Mata as my only 6* though I have a great bench of 5* cards, I'm just not yet willing to sacrifice everything I've got for one dream card yet)

I think you've been given good advice here to focus on the team that you've got and make sure they are maxed. I would even push this farther and say to get your hands on a couple more really great fresh 4* (Maybe a Xiahou and/or Fawn for regular arena, Jiang for the upcoming Season 2 Battle Arena because he will sit in row 2 due to his range) - or other great 4* that you just like - and level them up.

You've got a decent 5* leader to keep your allies relatively happy (just be sure to max him out for them!) Focus on your bench of cards to have available to yourself for events and arenas and enjoy trying to win rewards, level up your ally point skills, etc. Basically build up your net worth before you worry about the next shiny new card. As someone earlier said, before you know it you will have a rich set of cards that are sellable/tradable you will have at your disposal when you see that great deal someone offers in the rare card report or here in the trading forum.

And if you are nervous about not having any TE and want to build up a few, as someone else suggested, you can farm training for 2* and 3* cards and sell a set of 5 level 10 3* cards for a TE each set (some people might be able to sell a set for more, but I often see people in RCR offering to buy a set for 1 TE, so that might be a safe estimate)

Oh and on the question of level breaking 5*s I've been wondering about this myself. I level broke my Heidemarie because she's stronger than some 6* and with only 10DC works OK in the Battle Arena. I also level broke my 4* Fawn for arena purposes Razz I would probably not level break a regular low tier 5 unless you know you personally want to use it (I don't think level broke Fiona or Emma for example would command enough TE to be worth it as a sales feature - in other words you wouldn't get back enough TE to make up for the ambrosia you used) But why not break any good card that is an integral part of your team - that you will personally use and give you an edge - for the foreseeable future?
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:07 am

Ignat is actually a very good 5☆ unit.
He'll be getting Speed Order next Arena Battle which will make a nice addition to your team,
and his ground DPS is so high (very close to 6☆ units) that he can be used to grind Lilith in the Demon Tower of Demise to get an easily obtainable 5☆ (and possibly a 6☆ if you have good allies).

I'd say that you should keep on raising him and break his level one fruit at a time (when he's 1 level away from hitting max), and keep on saving until you can buy a new 5☆ or 6☆。
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 am

Schdawn wrote:
He'll be getting Speed Order next Arena Battle which will make a nice addition to your team,
and his ground DPS is so high (very close to 6☆ units) that he can be used to grind Lilith in the Demon Tower of Demise to get an easily obtainable 5☆ (and possibly a 6☆ if you have good allies).

I'd say that you should keep on raising him and break his level one fruit at a time (when he's 1 level away from hitting max), and keep on saving until you can buy a new 5☆ or 6☆。

what what whaaaaaat? a tower with a grindable 6*?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:41 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
Schdawn wrote:

what what whaaaaaat? a tower with a grindable 6*?!?!?!?!
The event has Tower in its name, but it's actually a Training event. : P
There's a 6☆ that is attainable if you have good (active) allies and you're willing sacrifice a lot of sleep over 2 week span.

The real Tower event is a few events after that. This one also has grindable 6☆, but you need quite a number of Potions for the last few floors and a bit of real luck (to not pull a 5☆ instead of 6☆) though.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:44 am

I hate training events. People spend too much money.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am

lmnseason wrote:
I hate any event with good rank rewards. People spend too much money.

ftfy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice   Need Advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Advice
Page 1 of 1