Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*

Go down 
+7
cosmicsurf9
aszutai
themadmanazn
brokenchicken
tzerherman
chaosbladeuk
zachay2000
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zachay2000

zachay2000

Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* Empty
PostSubject: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 am

I've been taking a look at the trading section and trying to see what the average price is for a 5*. However I've noticed that most of the time this is in the form of TE (Time Elixirs) which I'm trying to save for when I can get a 6*. The 4*'s in my collection will only get about 2-5 te each (the 5 being my asking price for my higher level one) and will not be enough to get me a 6* any time soon. I guess what I'm asking is, is what is the easiest free way to get a 5* and is it worth it to level multiple 4* in the mean time.

*NOTE: THIS IS NOT A STORE, AFTER I HAVE SOME ADVICE FROM MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS I WILL PROBABLY OPEN ONE. I thought it would help get more accurate advice if I posted exactly what I have.*

If anyone is interested here are the units I currently have:
Units:
Estlin - 62
Guy - 44
Adalina - 24
Avril - 24
Alex - 21
Anton - 12
Sergel - 9
Scarlet - 5
Robert - 3
Yurlya - 1
Mlrlam - 1
Felicia - 1
Mylene - 1
Gleb - 1

Pegasus - 11
Mermaid - 6
Unicorn - 23
Kraken - 1

Last edited by zachay2000 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am

Are you playing the amazon event? Clear the 1st lap gives you a 5* monster which you can convert in the following event.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:23 am

I didn't know that! I'm on floor 87 now so either today or tomorrow I'll have the 5* monster.
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:38 am

best way to get a 5*, max a few of your 4*s and you trade them for a 5*
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 am

First off, a 6* will cost you many hundreds of TEs, quite likely into four digits if you're after a decent one. Keep that in mind with regards to how long it may take to pile them up.

Next, which 5*s do you want to acquire, or are you speaking of 5*s in a general sense? Asking prices for 5*s are all over the place; I've seen one of the Dream Breaker set 5*s offered for as low as 15TEs, while more valuable ones like Werewolf, Joachim, Sofia, Laura or Edgar tend to be a couple of hundred TEs. There are bargains out there, of course, particularly during events like the current one where TEs are necessary for high rank rewards.

Maxed 5*s themselves can be a viable currency towards your 6* goal. Obviously, the above tiering still applies; a max Werewolf is a much better bargaining chip than a max Rem. However, getting a quality 5* at L1 and leveling it to L100 is a substantial gain in value.

The going rate for a maxed 4* was around 20 TEs, but that seems to be dropping as they become more plentiful and easy TEs become more scarce.

If you're looking to hang onto your TEs and keep your credit card holstered, 5* event rewards are generally not in your future. The current Antiope bonus is an obvious exception, and even she will require a substantial time investment over the coming week to convert to a unit.

So: there is no magic bullet. Buy low, sell high, watch for cheap sellers in events and take advantage of them. Read the forums to learn who's worth buying, who isn't and who's a lousy investment. Level what you have and trade up.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 am

Right now I'm even having a hard time getting the exception (stuck on 88 of the event). 2-7 is offering me a way to level some of my 4*'s faster (Guy is currently 43). Right now the event has instilled a deep seated hatred of mummies because only 1 of my allies has a decent melee unit and they are never on. If anyone has a strong leader that can handle mummies with ease I would appreciate the ally, my id is 45926731 and the username is Nistarok0.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:34 pm

I want to thank everyone for their help. I finished the first lap of the amazon event and am on lap 2 now. Guy is also now over level 50 and I have been grinding out levels on 2-7 like crazy.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Easiest way to get a 5* is to play a tower event and you will get a 5* "monster unit." These can be "recruited" with soul stones during the next recruitment event. Note, it can take quite a few soul stones to successfully recruit a 5* monster so be active during the recruitment event as well!

I have also seen less desirable 5*'s go for quite cheap. One of the cheapest might be Fiona, mainly due to her very lack luster stats.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm

I still don't know what cheap means. I have 19 te (tradable not p), could I get a 5 star with that? Also I have 75 soul stone (s) is that enough to convert a 5* monster? -sent frpm my phone
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm

19 is a little low. You might be able to get a Fiona or a Dream Breaker series one if you find a good deal. 30-50 you can definitely get a lower end 5*.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 pm

75 soul stone (s) is enough for a 4* but not a 5*, well I wouldn't say not enough, just your chance of success is really low. Then again last recruitment event some of my allies succeed in converting 4* using 3 sss, where I failed using 60 of them, so yea... Rolling Eyes

If I remember correctly, for 5* the success rate is about 1% per 10 sss. And 4% per 1 ssl, keep in mind this is for 5* only though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 am

Just an update I am now at 20 TE, not to mention I have 2 4* in the 60's (Guy and Estlin). I was wondering if there was a 5* that had decent attack speed, could attack all three types of enemies and had knockback (this seems to be the best ability especially when combined with a decent attack speed). Also has anyone else noticed that the person leading the event as of right now is using a 4* as the leader, I wonder how many TE they are using up.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 am

zachay2000 wrote:
Just an update I am now at 20 TE, not to mention I have 2 4* in the 60's (Guy and Estlin). I was wondering if there was a 5* that had decent attack speed, could attack all three types of enemies and had knockback (this seems to be the best ability especially when combined with a decent attack speed). Also has anyone else noticed that the person leading the event as of right now is using a 4* as the leader, I wonder how many TE they are using up.

Werewolf would the best unit so far that will cover all three. The next best one would be Penthe (the 5* top 200 prize in the Amazon). Also Lily is quite good as well.

Whether he has a 4* leader makes no difference, the top 10 will usually have 6* and many 6* allies. I heard Madgreen say he spent like 600 + TE.
Back to top Go down
cosmicsurf9

cosmicsurf9

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Start off by saving up your TEs. TEs are important because its what almost everyone trades 5*s and 6*s with, aside from individual units. If you want one, you need to save up TEs

To get TEs, you need to grind until you have a couple of maxed units, preferably 4*s because a lot of people may sell 4*s for luna, but i have yet to see people sell 5*s for luna. Gather a few maxed 4* units, around 4 or 5 is good.

Now you need to sell/trade these away for a 5*. Post a message on your allies' page. Then, visit the current event ranking page. Scroll to the top, and go to the top 10 players pages and post your message there. Also, go to the card pack page and post a message on the current 5*/6* box pulls pages. You want as many people to know that you are selling/trading as possible and it is these pages that are constantly teemed with messages from players of the game who are trying to buy/sell/trade. Think of the pages as a market place.

When someone wants to either buy or trade your units, they will message you and you can reply accordingly. If they want to buy your units, maxed 4*s usually sell for around 15-20 TEs nowadays. Try to negotiate a price. Ultimately you are the seller who decides if you will sell or not. There are many other players who will want to buy maxed 4*s. No need to jump the gun and get excited. Be patient and look for a seller who will buy at a reasonable price you are satisfied with. If you get lucky, some people are willing to trade their 5*s for 4-5 maxed 4*s.

Amass TEs, rinse and repeat. Once you have enough TEs (~50-80) you can probably visit the marketplace to find a cheap 5* unit that you like and that you can buy. And there you go! Your first 5*!

How I did it - had 3 max 4*s. during event, people were desp for TEs. at the time, maxed 4*s sold for 20 TE each. i found a guy who was trading Caecelia for 3 maxed 4*s. I guess it was my lucky day Very Happy

EDIT: The exact units I traded away were Anton, Miriam and Yuriya. Since you have those, and them being the stronger few of the units you have, i suggest you max those. They are quite useful units. You will grow to love them and will be hard to part with them.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Cosmicsmurf9 makes a great point in his/her point I want to highlight. TE's and Potions will INCREASE in value during events that use them. Buy TEs and Potions during events that DO NOT use them (when they are cheaper) and sell them/trade them during events where they ARE used (thus worth more).
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm up to 30 tradeable TE, is this enough for a cheap 5*?
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Yup, you can easily get one of the dream breaker 5*s, or maybe even sonia? If you can find a really cheap Sonia or the princess series 5*, would recommend you take the trade; might have to add a maxed 4* or two depending on their lvl but personally I feel they're worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
wildfire116
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Dont know why people dont like db or princess series that much rem has great art
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 pm

what are the db or princess cards. Is there one I should be looking for?
Back to top Go down
wildfire116
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 pm

rem hrwm and kyo are the cheap ones i can come up with on the top of my head i believe the cheapest you can get for them maxed is 40 each
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 am

Dream Breaker 5*s: Hwrm, Rem, Sogno (don't recommend Sogno)

Princess Series 5*s: Kyo, Mihiro, Yuki

Dream Breaker series are lower tier units but they're cheap, while princess units are mid tier and for some reason really cheap and hard to trade as well; the only reason I can think of is they're easily available, everyone who want one already got one.

Rem while is a decent unit, I think she got overshadowed by Kyo and dragged down by the rest of the DB units...
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

I guess the price on those series have gone up, I asked around in the trades a bit and people want 60-80 te for them!
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 am

Of course they do -- they want to make a profit.

Keep at it, and watch the Rare Card board for clearance sales. Someone was offering a Rem for 15 TE at one point last week.
Back to top Go down
Laanta
☆☆
Laanta

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am

zachay2000 wrote:
I guess the price on those series have gone up, I asked around in the trades a bit and people want 60-80 te for them!

Hi,

I noticed you were having some trouble finding a 5* unit for around 30TE, think you should check out the following trade page;

pnoytroi/xmalietxpnoix Balikbayan Box! S> 5★ On Sale~!

Best of luck!!!
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

So I finally got my first 5*, it's Songo from the DB series (which I am told is bad) but considering I have no other 5* right now (until I can convert the amazon). Now the next goal: GET UP TO 5 5*'s!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*   Need advice on what the best way to get a 5* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice on what the best way to get a 5*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next