Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Recruitment event question

Go down 
+2
Ghost_Star
Capt_Tallher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt_Tallher
☆☆
Capt_Tallher

Recruitment event question Empty
PostSubject: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:19 pm

So I recently got my hands on a Sleipnir(M) and am trying to figure out how many sss I need to convert it.

Went to the wiki page and they have this posted as the formula (For 5*):
ROUND((4 * SSL + 0.1 * SSS) * (1 + LEVEL/300))

Now I get what variables SSL, SSS and LEVEL are supposed to be but what is ROUND?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm

basically if you have 100 sss and level 50 (this is what i do), it will look like this:

=Round((4*0+.01*100)*(1+(50/300)),2)

for what ever reason this comes out to 17% but i thought it was more like 11%...
Back to top Go down
Capt_Tallher
☆☆
Capt_Tallher

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 pm

I get how to substitute the other variables, but that doesn't help explain what "Round" is.
Is must be a variable for something other wise the outer bracket is unnecessary and should then look like this: Success=(4*SSL+0.1*SSS)*(1+LEVEL/300)
Back to top Go down
Dudethunder2

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:06 pm

round means to round the number you get as appropriate. The final result is an integer.
Back to top Go down
Capt_Tallher
☆☆
Capt_Tallher

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Then I would be correct to assume you round down?
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Round up or round down. Do your math Wink
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 am

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to properly round 5s...
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 am

Sabin76 wrote:
You'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to properly round 5s...
Welll......
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Capt_Tallher
☆☆
Capt_Tallher

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:29 am

I am not a fan of this. Not because I don't know how to round, but because its imprecise as far as a formula goes...
PLUS the formula listed has to be incorrect because it does not factor in the slight chance of failure if the equation equals 100% or higher.

So I still have doubts on the accuracy but serves well enough as a rough estimate.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 am

well, the game operates on its own hidden system. What we have is the best guess at how that works. I dont think anyone is touting this as the way it is.

that round function is for excel and its to make it so your answer doenst go on like pie. you need to put a ',' followed by the number of digits that it will round after. ie =round(1/3,2) this would give you .33 vs .3333333333333, savy?

and for some light reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding
Back to top Go down
Capt_Tallher
☆☆
Capt_Tallher

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 pm

I am insulted that you assume that I do not know how to round.
Back to top Go down
pknott
☆☆
pknott

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Capt_Tallher wrote:
So I recently got my hands on a Sleipnir(M) and am trying to figure out how many sss I need to convert it.

Went to the wiki page and they have this posted as the formula (For 5*):
ROUND((4 * SSL + 0.1 * SSS) * (1 + LEVEL/300))

Now I get what variables SSL, SSS and LEVEL are supposed to be but what is ROUND?

Capt_Tallher wrote:

I wish I had a nice facepalm graphic...
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Capt_Tallher wrote:

Recruitment event question 35780085

Capt_Tallher wrote:
because I don't know how to round

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment event question   Recruitment event question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruitment event question
Page 1 of 1