Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Arena Hitpoint Calculation

Go down 
+2
Ghost_Star
predator852
6 posters
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

Arena Hitpoint Calculation Empty
PostSubject: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm

I've been trying to decipher the exact arena hitpoint calculation since the beginning of the vent, and I need some help cracking the code!

The amount of hitpoints a player has DOES change based on the units deployed, even if those units are not event units or Limited edition.

I personally believe that hitpoints are the sum of two things:

1) a base amount every player is given. I think everyone gets the same amount, but there is a slight chance that the base amount also varies from units deployed, player level, LE units present etc.

2) a bonus for each star on the team. Therefore it is better (stamina wise) to deploy 5 6* units and have a 6* leader for your team, than it is to have 4 6* units and one 5* unit...

There may be other factors, but if there are they've escaped me so far.

First, just for my general doubters out there, I would like you to compare these three screenshots:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In both, only charles has had a chance to attack on my team, you can see from the other units that this is the only logical explanation. Yet, he takes off a different chunk of hitpoints doing the EXACT SAME amount of damage. The only logical conclusion is that one of these teams had more hitpoints than the other. That team is the one with the most stars...

You'll have to trust that I've never used a power boost vial, and I wont be, I just want the raw numbers.

Also, I've run into a couple issues.
1) I've watched Reamy do 119k damage with my own eyes. Then, no power vial, or anything else but a different match, I've watched her do 122k damage. Note she's been maxed snce before the event started.

2) Screenshotting during an arena match is extremely hard. It consists of a lot of luck, as most of the time the screenshot varies in how many tenths of a second it will take to accur after you've hit the buttons.

3) The final hit (almost always) does more damage than nessasary to finish off the opponant, so it forces me to guestimate the final damage...

4)Ally units differ every match, so you have to be a quick&dynamic thinker to keep up as you physically record the damage. I cant go "okay fawn-serafina-charles-reamy in that order will attack, doing this this and this amount of exact data. I have to see my ally units, note their position in the lineup, and think accordingly. Also, enemy skills like slow+knocback can skew attack order, so I'm pretty much writing and watching at the same time, so much happening in seconds it's not funny!

5) None of my units use poison, but i have an ally running Kyo (and an ally with alex) who change damage a can cause me to throw a whole match out of my data so I don't record something wrong...

Now, my method:

A) As soon as the match starts, note my allies and try to predict where they will land in my lineup.

B) As soon as the enemy team gets onscreen, screenshot.

C) Try my darndest to get a screenshot of the first unit to do damage, without damage from any of my other team members. This is a reference. At the end of the match, I know exactly what ~106k damage (in Paris's case) looks at by referring to the screenshot. Then, when I have to guestimate at the end, I have a firmer comparison than my memory.

D) Record the names of my units in order as they attack, if an ally unit attacks: record the damage for an ally unit who's damage I don't have down yet.

E) Try to screenshot the last hit so I can see how much of the bar I actually depleted, using the screenshot of the first hit to compare.

F) Use my album/ knowledge to figure out how many stars the team has collectivly.

More Data:

1st Team) *NOTE: I didn't screenshot the first hit, the final estimation is from memory

Spoiler:

Opponant team:
Jonathan 1*
Dain 1*
Dennis 1*
Natalie 1*
Willy 2*
Total 6*

Damage taken:
Approx. 291-331k
4 hits, Paris Fawn serafina Reamy in that order

2nd Team) Also had not employed screensoht technique. Also: havent figured out if ally units stars get factored into HP. I assume they do, but It's still up in the air...

Spoiler:

Mihiro 5*
Gleb 4*
Kyo 5*
Chris 4* (ally)
Anton 4* (ally)
Total 22* (14*)

Damage taken:
Approx. 495k-515k
7 hits, Fawn Keith Serafina Reamy *somebody* Ninetailed-fox *something* in that order...

3rd) Used screencapture method

Spoiler:

Ignat 5*
Sigurd 4*
Lady Sun 4* (I've never seen her sprite before)
Satie 4*
Ibiza 4*
Lana 5* (ally)
Sola 5* (ally)
Total 31*? (21*)

Damage taken:
Approx. 508-515k
6 hits, Fawn Serafina 9tFox Marg Zhao Reamy in that order...

Will be adding more as I go...

Last edited by predator852 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:07 pm

cheers for doing this!
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks! Been planning on doing it for a while now...
Back to top Go down
Bazabaza

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 pm

in the 3rd screenshot, the girl to the left is star maiden satie. the "staff hoe" is ibiza Smile
and yeah the one to the right looks like lady sun.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Bazabaza wrote:
in the 3rd screenshot, the girl to the left is star maiden satie. the "staff hoe" is ibiza Smile
and yeah the one to the right looks like lady sun.

LOL thanks, ibiza is 2*? I will check
Back to top Go down
Bazabaza

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:20 pm

no, she's a 4*. reward from the magic academy panel event. she's basically a better version of mel, and everyone got her if they were playing at the time of the panel event (which is why I dont really understand why everyone supported mel Very Happy). she has 15CD (mel: 20), the exact same attack stats as mel, same skill, same range, and she's also the only C speed magic unit, making her way better than poor little D speed mel and all other D speed magic units Very Happy
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 pm

I know the NPC fights have varying amounts of HP. But both the players in your initial screenshot have the same amount of damage, just look at the bar's relation to the background image.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:33 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
I know the NPC fights have varying amounts of HP. But both the players in your initial screenshot have the same amount of damage, just look at the bar's relation to the background image.

So long story short: You're correct! Also: I can always only narrow it down to around 510k HP for player HP. I really Want to believe that 500k is the amount, but unless my apporximations are always just a little off (which could very well be the case) then there is a much higher probability that every player has 505 or 510K hitpoints :/
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm

predator852 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

So long story short: You're correct! Also: I can always only narrow it down to around 510k HP for player HP. I really Want to believe that 500k is the amount, but unless my apporximations are always just a little off (which could very well be the case) then there is a much higher probability that every player has 505 or 510K hitpoints :/

I wouldn't be surprised if player HP is 505k. 7x CHarles = 502,761 and I can easily see the devs not wanting the arena events to just become everyone running a full team of Charles.
Back to top Go down
Maggot
☆☆
Maggot

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 am

Just correcting a typo/mixup there on the 3rd team data screen shot, the ally 5* "Sola" is Selene.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 am

I imagine this could be helpful for your investigations: Arena Damage Formula.
With this, you no longer need to approximate the damage you deal. You can calculate it exactly.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Smile thanks, but we've already determined that each blayer has a base hitpoint amount somewhere between 500k-515k. So now with that info, combined with the exact damage of every unit in the arena, we can find the best 5 and 7 unit team that can 1HKO...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena Hitpoint Calculation   Arena Hitpoint Calculation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena Hitpoint Calculation
Page 1 of 1