Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Anyone else sitting out this Arena?

Go down 
+30
Amasuro
ggorrell77
kalivon
pnoytroi
lmnseason
Happiemealz
alanwar
Caltrop
memphiskite
Mysterio006
Abyssight
themadmanazn
Yuan
Caimsen
Ilyere
CP_Cranfill
comabright
athrunjustice0
Ghost_Star
sGabe4
Vanpry
wolfdreamer101
xmach
bx65
aquajade
Colaleon
joeladams20
SnowTempest
Esofonic
Arabelladonna
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabelladonna
☆☆
Arabelladonna

Anyone else sitting out this Arena? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:11 am

I don't really enjoy the new Arena, and I only have 2 melee units anyway ^^; But I much prefer the "Colo" PVP events and would rather work on a team for that one than commit to this style Arena. The rewards just don't seem worth it. Not a fan of the art, not a fan of the skills, just...all together underwhelming. And while I like the no trading rule, it means I really have nothing to do til the event is over.

Surely I'm not alone in this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DieAntrim
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:55 am

<<<<<<<<<<<< santa
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:58 am

Yup gonna sit out this Battle Arena .3. All I have is Agnes right now .3.''
I kinda want Aludra though xD Probably just buy her afterwards .3.
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:30 am

Agreed. Collecting tix this event and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:54 am

joeladams20 wrote:
Agreed. Collecting tix this event and that's about it.
There's no point in collecting tickets if you don't plan to join this event. They don't carry over anymore.
Back to top Go down
aquajade

aquajade

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:19 am

Will probably not participate, although not voluntarily. I have iOS 5.1.1 on the iPad 1, and cannot log on to the game. Oh well, guess a break is in order...
Back to top Go down
bx65
☆☆☆☆☆☆
bx65

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:36 am

sitting out :O!!

troll sum noobs time to time Smile
Back to top Go down
xmach
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:37 am

Wish they'd told us tickets don't carry over before I sold half my good melee units.
Back to top Go down
wolfdreamer101
☆☆
wolfdreamer101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:14 am

Definitely sitting this one out, even if tickets don't carry over. Extremely lackluster rewards and I never did like all the luck involved with this type of event.
Back to top Go down
Vanpry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:35 am

Depends if I can manage to get any tickets.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:15 pm

many of my allies including me are sitting this one out too
it's funny actually, since this was THE event everyone waited for and this event made all the melee 6*s prices ridiculous
I find it ironic
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:17 pm

well this event for me was all about trading the lev i had for a nina, so now its all just farmin up tickets for arena 3
Back to top Go down
athrunjustice0
☆☆
athrunjustice0

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:37 pm

why do people say that the tix ssave in arena2 cant be use for arena3?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:42 pm

athrunjustice0 wrote:

cause thats what happened from BA1 -> BA2, and thats what happened in the jp version.

and imho the chance that saving tickets now will give me a huge advantage in the next BA... even if they do go away it was worth the chance.
Back to top Go down
comabright

comabright

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Sitting out. This is the first event of this kind since I've been playing, and I was looking forward to at least seeing what it was like (especially with all the hype), but between not being able to get ANY tickets via training (ugh) and the 'meh' rewards, looks like I'll be grinding my misc units for the next week.. while being annoyed I can't bank cards.
Back to top Go down
CP_Cranfill

CP_Cranfill

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Rewards aren't good saved like 30 tix from BA1 and I feel like I'm wasting them. Drop rates suck and all together bored of fantas he who spends the most always wins game model.
Back to top Go down
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:42 pm

athrunjustice0 wrote:
If you go to the event page and click the following: Rules -> Arena2 Tickets

"All unused Arena2 tickets will NOT carry over to the next event"
Back to top Go down
Caimsen
☆☆☆☆
Caimsen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:11 pm

At this droprate you dont really have much options. Spend a few 100 $ to get the tickets or just sitt it out. Droprate is like 2 hours for 1 Ticket ......
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Drop is too low and I can't win at all. Only have 4000 BT and can't win the first matches anymore. XD

Just not worth my time. I was originally planning on saving my tickets for BA3 but now that I can't do that I'll probably skip all BA events as the ticket drop rate is too low to actualyl be able to compete for free.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm

some of the casuals are revolting ingame cause of how ridiculous this event is
it is basically purely pay to win
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
some of the casuals are revolting ingame cause of how ridiculous this event is
it is basically purely pay to win

You know how silly that is right? Panel is pay to win (due to panel special quests). Training is pay to win (due to arrows/spikes).

Battle arena is the LEAST pay to win because no matter how much money you throw at the game, it is extremely hard to get a competent team together and level all the units. I suppose if you had an infinite source of money, you could draw packs until you get an ideal team and feed everything else to it, but that is a pretty unlikely scenario. The people who win are the people who thought about it ahead of time and prepared well.

I will agree that this event is not very new player friendly. I think the reason people get so frustrated with the event is that they LOSE a lot. Well, that's the nature of the event! This event has no team boost items like regular arena so if your team is worse than the other team, there isn't much you can do about it. That means once you climbed the ranks and have reached a point where there are a lot of other people with a similarly or more powerful team, prepare to lose... a LOT.

I find it slightly comical that so many new players and casuals (no offense to new players or casuals) that have maybe spent at most a hour scrounging up a couple melee units think they are going to be competitive in this event. That's like me going for a jog and thinking that prepares me to be an Olympic marathon runner. There are lots of events that are friendly to new players, but they tend to lack the depth in strategy and planning this one requires, which is what makes this event both different and fun. I also enjoy the fact this event is not TE or Potion based since our economy is way too dependent on TE and Potions.

And if you are not getting enough tickets, go check out Leana's shop, she will hook you up with some.

EDIT:

My above post seems a little harsh. I don't mean to put anyone down. It is fine to sit events out, I sit them out all the time because they don't interest me. However, I wanted to explain the other side of the story on why this kind of event is appealing to some players. I hate purely pay to win events. The Xmas Panel event traumatized me where people literally poured money for points to rank, it was completely stupid. However I view Battle Arena drastically different as described above.

If you don't like battle arena, just sit tight and it will be over in a short week and we will be onto a new event... maybe one with Minotaurs Wink
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:12 pm

I am completely okay with losing in the BA. That's the nature of it. It is the low ticket drop rate that really irks me.

Assuming you saved up tickets from BA1, you probably have 100 to 140 tickets to start with. For this event though, the ticket drop rate is lower. You will likely get 12 to 20 tickets a day from training (the rate is too low to get a good estimate). The daily event prize gives 2 tickets a day. The entry and BT prize gives 19 tickets before Aludra. So even with a high side estimate, you will have 320 tickets to use throughout BA2.

Aludra the 5* BT reward is at 300k, that's 100 survival 10 runs or 300 survival 8s. But because you start to encounter your equals or more after a few good survival runs, less than half of your tickets will get you beyond round 7. With just ~300 tickets, I just cannot see how anyone without a stacked team of Charles and Aksana can get close to Aludra. And the prizes before her simply aren't worth fighting for.

So while you are definitely correct about BA2 not being a pay to win event, for most people they are not going to have a remote hope of getting a 5*, making it rather pointless to participate. At the same time they must live with all the inconvenience of trade ban. Even the half-expected enhance boost did not materialize. It's quite easy to see where the frustrations come from.
Back to top Go down
Mysterio006

Mysterio006

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:12 pm

To be fair, the rewards aren't super awesome so you can feel rest assured you're not missing a whole lot. I'm skipping too. It does feel like a cheap shot to have these tickets not apply in the future, though.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Abyssight wrote:
I am completely okay with losing in the BA. That's the nature of it. It is the low ticket drop rate that really irks me.

Assuming you saved up tickets from BA1, you probably have 100 to 140 tickets to start with. For this event though, the ticket drop rate is lower. You will likely get 12 to 20 tickets a day from training (the rate is too low to get a good estimate). The daily event prize gives 2 tickets a day. The entry and BT prize gives 19 tickets before Aludra. So even with a high side estimate, you will have 320 tickets to use throughout BA2.

Aludra the 5* BT reward is at 300k, that's 100 survival 10 runs or 300 survival 8s. But because you start to encounter your equals or more after a few good survival runs, less than half of your tickets will get you beyond round 7. With just ~300 tickets, I just cannot see how anyone without a stacked team of Charles and Aksana can get close to Aludra. And the prizes before her simply aren't worth fighting for.

So while you are definitely correct about BA2 not being a pay to win event, for most people they are not going to have a remote hope of getting a 5*, making it rather pointless to participate. At the same time they must live with all the inconvenience of trade ban. Even the half-expected enhance boost did not materialize. It's quite easy to see where the frustrations come from.

I agree 100% with this. I want to point out that 5*s are not always guaranteed for "free" players. I took the Castle Jewels event pretty casually and I did not end up with either Rubi or Perla. Event super grind events like panel take a fair amount of dedication to get the 5*.

I would say the most 5* friendly events are tower since you just need to complete one lap to get it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bx65
☆☆☆☆☆☆
bx65

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Abyssight wrote:

I agree 100% with this. I want to point out that 5*s are not always guaranteed for "free" players. I took the Castle Jewels event pretty casually and I did not end up with either Rubi or Perla. Event super grind events like panel take a fair amount of dedication to get the 5*.

I would say the most 5* friendly events are tower since you just need to complete one lap to get it Very Happy

In other words, please pass all event rage on to madman as he knows how to console others Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Anyone else sitting out this Arena? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else sitting out this Arena?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next