Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?

Go down 
+10
po1102
the3ptsling
orionknight
KuroStar
aszutai
Havok000
Soggytoaster
Callanthe
BkWiz
deformedmagic
14 posters
AuthorMessage
deformedmagic

Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? Empty
PostSubject: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 pm

I got the 3000 Moba coin box and managed to get 2 5* out of it, which I guess is not bad. Is the step-up one good?
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Coin for coin, Step Ups are the best option if you are spending money due to the draw chance.
Back to top Go down
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

That is a great pull! Congratulations!

Usually it's a good idea to buy boxes that give event items for an event you want to compete in. That way you aren't too disappointed when the boxes inevitably give crap.

The Step-up packs are only worth it if you are willing to buy up to step 7 (which is $120 alone to get one try at step 7). Step 7 doesn't have anything below a 4* and event 3*s, which is nice, and it has boosted 5* and 6* chances.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Callanthe wrote:

Usually it's a good idea to buy boxes that give event items for an event you want to compete in. That way you aren't too disappointed when the boxes inevitably give crap.

The Step-up packs are only worth it if you are willing to buy up to step 7 (which is $120 alone to get one try at step 7). Step 7 doesn't have anything below a 4* and event 3*s, which is nice, and it has boosted 5* and 6* chances.

All packs leading up to 7 have boosted chances to draw 5s/6s.

Step 7 just gives the most at 10x the normal rate (2-3% instead of the normal .2-.3%).

The ones below range from 2x to 7x or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I have only purchased one 3000 box and I managed to get one 5* out of it.
I don't want to spend any more money on the game as it will ruin the fun if
I get a 6* so quickly. I feel like earning my first 6* as I bypassed earning my
first 5*.

As for the odds, I have a few allies that spent $100 on the step-up boxes
and received nothing good at all. A shame really as it is a lot of money. Just
luck but definitely a better chance for 6* in the step-up box as a few of my
allies have recently gone from 4* to 6* in a day.
Back to top Go down
deformedmagic

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Callanthe wrote:

All packs leading up to 7 have boosted chances to draw 5s/6s.

Step 7 just gives the most at 10x the normal rate (2-3% instead of the normal .2-.3%).

The ones below range from 2x to 7x or something like that.

Wow...I imagine the 6* draw is low, but NOT that low....I spent $20 on the step-ups already and not even a 5*... Glad to know what I'm getting into. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
deformedmagic

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:08 am

Callanthe wrote:

Thanks! I've never played the Soul Hunter one before, so I'll give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Havok000
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Since starting, I bought 11 mega packs, and a Romance of the three kingdom pack without ever seeing higher than a 4* card. Two nights ago I tried the step up pack, and drew three 5* cards before I even got to step 7.

They don't advertise an increased chance of 5* cards with the step up packs, and I always assumed you only had better chances of drawing 6* cards with them because of that, but I definitely had much better luck of drawing a 5* with the step up.

Like Callanthe said though, I always feel like I get my money's worth if the packs come with event items. At least that way it gives you great odds at 5* reward cards.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm

deformedmagic wrote:
Callanthe wrote:

Recommend all new player to avoid trying for ranking in this event lol... If you're just after the bt shard rewards though, go break a leg Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 am

aszutai wrote:
deformedmagic wrote:
Callanthe wrote:

Recommend all new player to avoid trying for ranking in this event lol... If you're just after the bt shard rewards though, go break a leg Wink
Or in panel events, they might have a 5* such as Ivy or Norma when you get a certain amount of BT points. ( actually, it isn't really certain, ITS A LOT)
But you might have to play all day to get it though with no distractions but nonetheless, grab every opportunity to get one.
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:08 am

If your aiming for a 6*, go for a Step Up Pack. I know it costs $120 ish to get to full steam, but I spent $170 and got two 6*s but zero 5*s. I got Reinhard and Nina.

Seeing that I had spent $220 before this on other mega packs and only got 2 5*s from it, I think it works.
Back to top Go down
the3ptsling

the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 pm

3 6* in 4 draws of step up (7th step). Its worth it.....to me at least!
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 pm

StarOnyx wrote:
Or in panel events, they might have a 5* such as Ivy or Norma when you get a certain amount of BT points. ( actually, it isn't really certain, ITS A LOT)
But you might have to play all day to get it though with no distractions but nonetheless, grab every opportunity to get one.

999 ppl got Norma. Pretty sure at least 800 of those are pure grinders. It's way easier than ppl make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:13 pm

So, I was chatting with a friend about whether it was worth it to buy packs. The consensus is that only the final stage of the Step up pack is worth it.

Some quick calculations:

Assume chance of drawing a 5* is 2%, the chance of drawing a 6* is 0.2%. Assume the average value of a 5* is 30TE, the average value of a 6* is 300TE.

Normal mega-pack (14 cards, $30):
Probability of drawing a 5* = 1 - (1 - 0.02)^14cards = 25%
Probability of drawing a 6* = 1 - (1 - 0.002)^14cards = 3%
Expected TE value = 0.25 * 30TE + 0.03 * 300TE = 16.5TE

Step Up Pack Step 7 (12 cards, $50):
Probability of drawing a 5* = 1 - (1 - 0.02)^12cards = 22%
Probability of drawing a 6* = 1 - (1 - 0.002 * 10)^12cards = 25%
Expected TE value = 0.22 * 30TE + 0.25 * 300TE = 81.6TE

Of course, things can change depending on the TE value of things. But in general, the normal packs are a terrible choice. You're almost always better just buying TE from the shop and getting the cards that you want... It's a bit more unclear for the Step up packs. Definitely a better deal, but again, you may not get the specific card you want.
Back to top Go down
kurochin

kurochin

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Is it even a good idea to buy the mega boxes now for the SSL + possible 6* since the step-up was temporarily removed?
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 pm

kurochin wrote:
Is it even a good idea to buy the mega boxes now for the SSL + possible 6* since the step-up was temporarily removed?

Only if you are trying to recruit. But if you have a decent amount of TE, just buy it from the people selling. No need to waste you money as the chances are not as high on a mega pack.

I can attest. I pulled more in step-up 6* and 5*s than I ever did in the same amount I spent in mega packs.. then again, everyone's luck is different. So don't use my example to base your luck on... As I told off a guy on my wall who was ranting about not getting anything after $300-$400 spent.... >.> ... Yea.
Back to top Go down
jacobhayes1234

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm tempted to get a 100MobaCoin Premium Starter Pack, while it's on offer, and I have got 100Coins spare.

However, after coming to the forums, I have to wonder if it's a better option to buy a TE and use it trading to a Level 1 - 4* to ensure I get a good card out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?   Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any of the deal packs and boxes worth spending money on?
Page 1 of 1