Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Influx of 5* Monsters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superman-1234 [Banned]

Superman-1234 [Banned]

Influx of 5* Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Now as a buyer and seller of 5* Monsters, it is shocking to see the market get flooded with them!
The whole reason this game can last so long is that people haave to work so hard to break into the
different levels and now they're popping them out like Candy!
However, I think people will still try to sell them at a high price.
But with no new event coming up, and nothing to work for, I predict a giant drop in the participation
of this game.
Any thoughts guys?
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:41 am

Do you mean heroes or monsters?

I think participation will obviously dip when there isn't an event going on, but the game will otherwise remain in its natural state.
Back to top Go down
Superman-1234 [Banned]

Superman-1234 [Banned]

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 am

Heros*
But with Fiona being given out like candy and the fact her stats are barely better then a 4*,
200 5* being given out and 50 6* not to mention the 30+ 5* pulls a day, people aren't
going to want to buy and sell as much anymore, the good cards will skyrocket and the
lesser ones will retain values barely above 4*
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:50 am

I agree that Fiona isn't anything special (and her max stats are pitiful), and it's going to be annoying trading what with having to specify "and NO FIONA!!" I think the fact her max stats are poor will help though, if everyone knows she's not a really great 5* it's not going to affect much else.

The 200 5*/50 6* are just monsters, and yes people will probably resurrect them later, but you can't expect everyone to do so, and they are LIMITED, so there's that. By virtue of these cards being limited they'll probably be worth something later on, so no big deal there.

I'm a relatively new player WITHOUT tons of $$$$$$$ to back me up so from my perspective, an influx of 5*-cards I might be able to buy or trade for one day is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
jdelmundo

jdelmundo

PostSubject: Value of rarity   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm inclined to think that Silicon/Mobage raised the droprate of 5* units where it seems like you are likely to get 1 per box. This is probably to address the dissatisfaction of having to pay hundreds of dollars and getting nothing of value. Losing paying customers will lead to the demise of this game faster than over-saturation of 5* units.

It's psychological. If you spend money, and get nothing of value -- it's demoralizing. They want to keep the right balance and excitement of getting a good card when a significant amount of money is spent. It makes people who buy cards want to do it more, and people who haven't bought cards before be enticed to do so.

Basically the value threshold will move up to 6 star units. I don't think this is a bad thing. It's definitely better than drawing 3star after 4star after spending 30 dollars a box.
Back to top Go down
Superman-1234 [Banned]

Superman-1234 [Banned]

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:39 am

That's definintely true, but I don't think they increased the drop rate, I think so many plahyers have started playing due to the DT event and the referal system.
I don't think Mobi Increased the dropo rate, because on occasion all I pull is 3s and 4s, mixed in with a few stabbing 2s...
But I deffininitly agree with you, but in some aspect pulling nothing makes you want to spend more money so your previously spent money doesn't feel like a waste. Just a thought though
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am

The sunk cost fallacy, haha.

I doubt mobage/silicon would have changed any drop rate values -- they have the Japanese game to test things first on, and I reckon if it works well over there it will work here. And plenty of people are spending tons of money as it is, I think.

They would definitely want a balance of pulling rares to balance it psychologically though - if you get nothing the first time, you might want to try again (surely I'll be luckier this time?) but if you get nothing a few more times you might give up on it entirely. It also depends on how you value your money etc.
Back to top Go down
Superman-1234 [Banned]

Superman-1234 [Banned]

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am

Which is something I've noticed, everyone tends to pull some good card whenthey're a new player.
Mine was Reinard, but since then I've only ever pulled a few 5* despite the hundreds I've spent.
Approximate cost- 330$
Recieved-
1 5*monster
1 6* Unit
7 5* Units (3 were in the 125 I spent on the DE Expansion)
Over 40 3* Units
20-30 2* Units

I do think that the DE Expansion has an increase drop rate soley for the fact that there are only 10 cards in the set
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 am

I honestly think it's random, new player or not. I spent money on a box earlier and got absolutely nothing of interest on it. If I had more money I would definitely try again, but, well, that was a lot for me as it is. Maybe I'm playing the wrong game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jdelmundo

jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah -- I think the percentage change for getting rares is just a conjecture on my part, but during the dark tower event, I've pulled 2-3 rare cards in a box when previously I could buy 7 boxes and get nothing. I'm not entirely sure if droprate was affected.

I think when dealing with only 10 possible cards (from the new set) the chances to get rare cards is just plain better. Considering that 4 of the 10 are 5* and above.

I think what's interesting to see is the trend of new character/cards. So far the 6* units from the original deck is still supreme. Nothing comes close to them. The 4 and5 star units however are powerful in comparison to the old deck.

Edgar - Edgar is a C speed 5* slow. The card is D rank but with skill the rank changes to C. C speed slow that does over 30k damage on water land air is just broken in comparison to the other 5*s

Victoria - Well I don't even need to go into detail why this card is arguably the best 5* card. It's like a Bernhard with knockback.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Influx of 5* Monsters   Influx of 5* Monsters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Influx of 5* Monsters
Page 1 of 1