Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? Empty
PostSubject: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 am

Well if you take a look at my trade thread (will link at bottom) you'll see I don't have any TE's to trade. I've been playing for a few days now and I was wondering what was the best way to go about getting to my first 5* card.

I'm guessing it's not really worth buying the card packs because of how seemingly common it is to draw 1* - 3* units, so would it be best for me to buy a few TE's and trade with these?

Also how much do Max 4* cards go for on average? I've had a look at a few of the trade threads but they're all so varying so if anyone had a rough average that'd be great. Also is it unheard of to trade Max 4* for Lvl 1 5*?

Thanks for looking, and my trade thread is HERE

Arithion
Back to top Go down
Cadencymark

Cadencymark

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am

5*s will usually go for 40-300te depending on the tier and lvl. Max 4*s go for 15-20te ea depending on the buyer. I have traded 3 max 4*s for a 5* before. The easiest 5*s to get at the moment are the DB (dream breaker) 5*s. I just bought 3 of them for 100te. Best of luck! Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 am

Cadencymark wrote:
5*s will usually go for 40-300te depending on the tier and lvl. Max 4*s go for 15-20te ea depending on the buyer. I have traded 3 max 4*s for a 5* before. The easiest 5*s to get at the moment are the DB (dream breaker) 5*s. I just bought 3 of them for 100te. Best of luck! Hope I helped.

Thanks a lot for the info. Going by that I think I'll buy a few TE and get a few Lvl 1 4* then work on maxing them myself. I do enjoy the levelling up of the cards, but I don't want to sink a lot of money in the game. Buying a few lots of TE now and again won't hurt though and I don't mind supporting the game =]
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 am

Arithion wrote:
Cadencymark wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info. Going by that I think I'll buy a few TE and get a few Lvl 1 4* then work on maxing them myself. I do enjoy the levelling up of the cards, but I don't want to sink a lot of money in the game. Buying a few lots of TE now and again won't hurt though and I don't mind supporting the game =]

The amazon event you will get a 5* for completing the first lap. It is a monster but can be converted into a 5* unit. That maybe your best bet for now Smile
Back to top Go down
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
The amazon event you will get a 5* for completing the first lap. It is a monster but can be converted into a 5* unit. That maybe your best bet for now Smile

How do you convert monsters to units? And nice avatar btw!! Haven't played Golden Sun in absolutely ages! Brought back memories =]
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

https://fantasica.forumotion.com/t616-event-black-dragon-recruitment-oct-5-oct-12

Link to the black dragon recruitment event, you can convert selected monster into units during these events. They're all pretty similar so just look at that thread for info Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Ooh ok thank you =]
Back to top Go down
Lenneth

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 pm

This is how I got my 5*s. Hope it helps.

First, I got army of near maxed good 4's, hogged TEs as much as I can (many people sold 4* for luna back then), and converted Potions for TEs (you probably don't want to do that now, since Potion is almost equal to TEs). I was trying to sell max 4, but the second coliseum event kicked in, and the event gave tons of TEs and Potions (3000 pts for 3 TEs and 30 wins for 3 Potions?). So, after a month and half, I was ready to buy 5*

1st 5 was Meg for 50TEs. It was back then when max Meg was worth 80-100 TE. She still is pretty decent for a price, but her trading value is pretty low even now.

2nd 5 was Sheryl. Took 150 TEs + two 4 max. I might have overpaid a bit, but loved her from the beginning to the end. I bought her for trading value, stats and look, but her trading value wasn't quite as high as I expected, because there are too many Sheryl.

3rd 5 was Mihiro for 55TEs. I got her, because I needed a strong magic user and didn't have much to spare. She was cheap, have great stats, and her 25 deploy cost beats 30 deploy cost of Yuki. Still think it's a decent purchase.

4th 5 was Burnhard. Sometimes, top players trade their 5s for max 4s, and I was able to get him for four 4 max. Could have gotten Sheryl for five 4 max too, but just missed out. Visit top players once in a while, and you might be able to find bargains that you can't find in here.

5th 5 was Sonia. I was able to convert her in 2nd try.

6th 5 was Alester. Traded max Sheryl for her. Tears my heart to let Sheryl go, but Alester's trade value is higher than Sheryl, so I couldn't pass this deal...

So yeah. Even without buying the mega box, you can still get 5's in multiple ways...
Back to top Go down
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks a lot for the advice Lenneth will take it on board, very much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?   Cost Efficiency / Trading Route? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cost Efficiency / Trading Route?
Page 1 of 1