Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Need help on setting up defense.

Go down 
+22
nmtran777
xxardas
po1102
TypeAlpha
BkWiz
themadmanazn
walker8030
xionnguyen
Dythirk
Ghost_Star
Loveapplesss
abendwolke
chaosbladeuk
motoh
memphiskite
kotobaasobid
Blargod
Evageek
Cadencymark
clocksprocket
predator852
Hadrael
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadrael

Hadrael

Need help on setting up defense. Empty
PostSubject: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm

So I decided I might want to try set up a defense, basicly I'm losing pretty much any battle that comes towards me. Anyone have any ideas as to how I build up a defense? Which units and so on?
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:05 pm

All I know is that unless you've got some five star monsters pretty much anyone with a good lineup of 4* units will bulldoze you. As for five star monsters Sonia (m) and the vampire are probably the most common, though you might still have to drop some TE for each. Also, 4 star monsters (dragonnewts/chimera/kracken/mermaid/etc.) are good buffers once leveled.

Oh I almost forgot: when you coplete artifact sets you get a monster card.
I think it goes mermaid->stray cat->pegasus->unicorn->banshee. All are 4 star cards except banshee, a five star.

One last note: stray cats are usually thought of highly as defense monsters because they have S speed and if coming from behind some units with huge hit points it can wizz right through.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Boy oh boy is that some extreme misinformation.

Artifact sets are:
Mermaid --> Pegasus --> Unicorn --> Stray Cat --> Banshee
There are all 4*s. The only one particularly worthwhile is the stray cat.

5* and 6* cards (leveled up) are obviously going to make your defense good, but if you want to make something decent to defend against newblets (but probably not people with a contingent of 5*s/6*s) then you can level up trolls or 4*s and intersperse stray cats and flying units with them.

Basically, find something with very slow speed (such as E) and high HP -- trolls and kraken are examples. Level those up. Put a couple of those down, then maybe a flying unit (for example Luce), and then a stray cat. Repeat a few times.
Back to top Go down
Cadencymark

Cadencymark

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm

I just fought someone today who had 4 Krackens and 3 Stray Cats...and I gotta say it was a challenge! They were leveled up to the max of course but it just goes to show you don't need 5* mons necessarily to have a great deffense.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 pm

predator852 wrote:

Oh I almost forgot: when you coplete artifact sets you get a monster card.
I think it goes mermaid->stray cat->pegasus->unicorn->banshee. All are 4 star cards except banshee, a five star.

...the first two words of that sentence were i think...Clocks

Cool
Back to top Go down
Evageek
☆☆
Evageek

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Pretty much what clocks said.
I have 20 Monster units.
Manily Horses (Bicorn, Pegasus, Unicorn) For the speed
and Troll/Treants as a buffer to protect them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 pm

I can't believe people still attack each other nowadays.
Back to top Go down
kotobaasobid

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:33 pm

how do you determine what comes out first?
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 pm

^First obtained monster on your roster appears first followed by those that came later. The only way to rearrange them is to send them through trades and then cancel the trade.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm

If you look at UNITS then filter your stuff to DEFAULT & MONSTERS, that's the order of how your monsters will come out for your defense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
motoh

motoh

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Since attacking is one of the more time efficient ways to get the monster sets, I'm not surprised. I haven't bothered completing my pendant set because the instant I get one someone guns right at me.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:37 am

I wonder how many monsters do you really need? I don't believe the more monsters you have the better so has anyone got a good idea on how many?
Back to top Go down
Hadrael

Hadrael

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:18 am

Alright, did clear it up a bit for me, thanks. Wink

Edit: So how much does Stray Cat even go for? Surprised
Back to top Go down
abendwolke

abendwolke

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:37 am

Blargod wrote:

I am getting attacked by a player 3 times daily since a week now, so I guess attacking is to annoy others and harvest their luna :-/

Last edited by abendwolke on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a word ;-))
Back to top Go down
Loveapplesss

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 am

I just attacked players who didnt even play, most of them dont have much for defence.

Only attacked to get Battle Seasoned.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
I wonder how many monsters do you really need? I don't believe the more monsters you have the better so has anyone got a good idea on how many?

it amuses me to think of anyone who attacks me when i have 50+ bears in my deck as it would be a great deterrent to anyone who wants to come back for more
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 pm

abendwolke wrote:
Blargod wrote:

I am getting attacked by a player 3 times daily since a week now, so I guess attacking is to annoy others and harvest their luna :-/

Luna is quite pointless in this game... Well if he's been attacking you 3x daily you can ask your allies to attack him back. Pretty sure he's probably low leveled if he's doing something that idiotic.
Back to top Go down
abendwolke

abendwolke

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Blargod wrote:
abendwolke wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Luna is quite pointless in this game... Well if he's been attacking you 3x daily you can ask your allies to attack him back. Pretty sure he's probably low leveled if he's doing something that idiotic.

naw, he is player lvl 100. I asked one ally to check him out, but my ally got attacked 3 times back to back, so this person doesn't even mind spending te for battle. according to my ally his monster line up is phenomenal. He must be just a very hateful person. I'll wait a few more days then I'll report him :-/
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 pm

abendwolke wrote:
Blargod wrote:
abendwolke wrote:
Blargod wrote:

naw, he is player lvl 100. I asked one ally to check him out, but my ally got attacked 3 times back to back, so this person doesn't even mind spending te for battle. according to my ally his monster line up is phenomenal. He must be just a very hateful person. I'll wait a few more days then I'll report him :-/

A megalomaniac... Honestly, what a waste. I suppose if he's bored to death he would do what he's doing but seriously...? Some people in this world astound me.
Back to top Go down
Dythirk

Dythirk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:15 am

Hi guys, I just started playing this game so I apologize for the thread necromancy.

Based on what I've read in this thread, am I understanding it correctly that:

1) I might as well give up on having a defense since there are plenty of overpowered individuals who can tear through anything they want?

2.) It's not that big a deal as far as Luna are concerned since Luna is plentiful but if I really care I can just use the mail for a bank?

3.) As far as artifacts are concerned, they're not necessarily worth the trouble so it's also fine if I get whalloped by other players and they grab what I have?

I'm loving the game (we'll see how it goes once I need allies who play between 2-5am, heh) so I'm trying to figure out what I really need to care about and what can be ignored.

Thanks for the help,
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:25 am

Dythirk wrote:
Hi guys, I just started playing this game so I apologize for the thread necromancy.

1) I might as well give up on having a defense since there are plenty of overpowered individuals who can tear through anything they want?

2.) It's not that big a deal as far as Luna are concerned since Luna is plentiful but if I really care I can just use the mail for a bank?

3.) As far as artifacts are concerned, they're not necessarily worth the trouble so it's also fine if I get whalloped by other players and they grab what I have?

I'm loving the game (we'll see how it goes once I need allies who play between 2-5am, heh) so I'm trying to figure out what I really need to care about and what can be ignored.

Thanks for the help,

Until there is an event that is requires you to use monsters only, defense is rather useless. When you first start, losing up to 10k luna could be a problem especially if you get attacked multiple times. Banking is only viable if you have an ally who understands the principles at that time. You might be hard press to find someone who understands that concept. Artifacts are only hunted once there is a new set of them available (like when Banshee first came out); outside of that losing them isn't really a big deal (they should make it so you can convert them brave or points etc >>)
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am

Dythirk wrote:

Thanks for the help,

1. I think that if you have hero units to enhance or level, I would focus on those first since they actually help you with events. Higher level players don't tend to attack one another since it's practically pointless (unless you want to get the battle seasoned skill but you can attack inactives for those).

2. Yup you hit the nail.

3. Yup as Chaos said. When the blessed pendant first came out, I unknowingly obtained one and within 5 minutes I was attacked and it was stolen. Now, even if I have an excess of them, people don't attack.
Back to top Go down
abendwolke

abendwolke

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am

how do you find the 'inactives' ?
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 pm

abendwolke wrote:
how do you find the 'inactives' ?

Look for low level artifacts. Find people who haven't logged in a month or so.
Back to top Go down
xionnguyen
☆☆
xionnguyen

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

If you want to set up defense i recommend getting some lycans and maxing them or troll they are the tanks.........

but you should battle me and see what my def is consist of

Smile though its not max out yet that is my def
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help on setting up defense.   Need help on setting up defense. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help on setting up defense.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next