Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Getting a New Phone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LordVyreth

Getting a New Phone Empty
PostSubject: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:20 pm

So it looks like my phone just died. Even if I can get it to recover, I'm ready for an upgrade, so I'll be getting a new one in the next day or two. This will be the first time I did this since I started Fantasica or any other Moba game, so what can I expect? What data is saved on the phone's hard-drive or SD card, and what is on Fanta's servers?

Speaking of SD card, I hope I can get a new one for the replacement phone. My current one was been low or empty for months, and I'm pretty sure Fanta's the primary reason.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:09 pm

Other than your settings and some cookies, all your data should be safe on their server I think.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:45 am

yep, all your fanta account data like your cards and what not is stored server side so you dont need to worry about backing stuff up.

you should consider getting a different sd card that what comes with the phone. amazon and newegg have good ones just make sure that your getting a class 10 sd card. you should be able to get a good 16 gig one for $15-20'ish, just read the reviews.
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Another thing to look out for is the dreaded "SD Card is full or not accessible" problem. I recently got another phone because my old one died and I got that error, I tried everything other people recommended but I can't get fanta to run on it. I have been playing super casual ever since because I can only play when I get home which isn't enough time to compete in any events.
Back to top Go down
LordVyreth

PostSubject: Re: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 am

rotarywhiz wrote:
Another thing to look out for is the dreaded "SD Card is full or not accessible" problem. I recently got another phone because my old one died and I got that error, I tried everything other people recommended but I can't get fanta to run on it. I have been playing super casual ever since because I can only play when I get home which isn't enough time to compete in any events.

That's one of the reasons I want to switch to a new phone. Every month or so, I have to delete more photos just to play the game. But I think my SD card is ancient.

What are the recommendations people have for that problem?

Oh, one more thing. Is there a maximum number of devices that can be registered to an account? Will that pose a problem when getting a new hone. I have a friend who isn't able to access their inbox because of that.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 1:58 pm

I believe only the most recently registered device can access the inbox. Once you register another device, the old device can no longer get things out of your inbox. You may still be able to play on the old device but you definately can not get things out of your inbox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a New Phone   Getting a New Phone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a New Phone
Page 1 of 1