Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!

Go down 
+6
loniguseze
cruorimancer
Ghost_Star
AzakaZero
Amasuro
Vaati
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! Empty
PostSubject: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:03 pm

They say that the sooner you prepare something, the more plausible it can be done.

Such is what i believe, and what i tend to do with this thread.

After the Monster Maiden event ends, another one will take its place: A Gift Event based on the Wild West. And among its rewards is a 7* obtained by amassing gifts, a Magic AoE unit with an unknown arena skill (might not have any, but i don't care if she doesn't).

Some might say that she would be unreachable, but i've made a few calculations:

With the Te(P) that i have amassed over the months, the tradable TE, and the leftover funds that i can leniently spend, i calculated that i can reach the 20k mark, and the maximum that i could reach would be 23k gifts.

The big problem is that the height that i need to reach will need a big commitment from those who can help me.

Also, the success of this herculean task depends on four factors:

With the factors explained, i hope that you can help with my endeavor.

My plan is the following: I'll buy a few packs (one or two of the big ones) to start gifting to any rankers/spenders who wish to help, as to reach the 501 gift limit as fast as possible so that they can start ranking.

After those two packs are done, i'll rely on Crisis Quest burning on all the TE that i've amassed for a long time (i did use many on the Mystic Summit TE Tower and the City of Dreams Colo, but i still had a lot left when they ended).

Once all the TE(p) have been spent, I'll be doing as many normal quests for the small ammounts as possible while attending all the Crisis Quests, and round up the remaining gifts with purchases - have enough TE for 70 200:2 purchases, and while i consider this the standart value, i'm willing to increase the deal with a goddess or two, a 4* (some are feeded), or even a 5* if it appears among my massive storage.

If you know an ally, or an ally who knows someone, whom normally sells their gifts, i ask that you tell him/her about my situation and if he/she could help me with such (for those who want to know in advance, the selling ratio i'm going with is 200:2, with a few extra bonuses if they're picky).

If you know someone who will rank a lot/spend a lot on this gift event (or that person knows someone who will), please tell him/her about me and ask if he/she could include me on her list for that matter (if he/she uses KIK, he can contact me through it, my IGN being my username) I won't mind being kicked out of his/her ally list after the event if he/she wishes to reinvite the previous ally.

Other allies who want to help with 1:1 will also be taken into account, but i will give gift priority to the rankers who wish to help me on the first days, as i'll be capping their 500 gift threshold first so that they can rank and do their best for the 8* cowboy girl.

I really hope for the best, for i believe that this goal can be achieved and reach another 7* that can both help myself and those whom i play with ^_^

Last edited by Vaati on Mon May 05, 2014 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amasuro
☆☆☆
Amasuro

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:00 am

Best of luck to you, Vaati.

I'll look forward to seeing your new 7* when you re-ally me  Smile 
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:17 am

As I mentioned in-game I'll be going for the gift 6* only so I'd be happy to 1:1. But if you need to drop me for a ranker that's fine too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 5:44 pm

i usually dont do gifting events but i end up with about 1-2k'ish anyway and i'll gladly sell so just hit me up toward the end of the event
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 5:36 am

Is it okay if i ask you along the event? Asking at the last day seems a bit risky, may not find you avainable so soon.
Back to top Go down
cruorimancer
☆☆☆
cruorimancer

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:27 am

I have a feeling i wont be active for this event since i'm having lots of out of town work till 15th. so i probably just going to log in once in a while and check. if i have more time and find myself with some gift i'll be sure to send them your way Smile
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:12 pm

I have like 375 TEp so I might go for it Vaati. The huge problem is for me that the burn times are at literally worst times possible...

8 AM - exactly the time when I travel to work
16 PM - exactly the time Iam traveling home from work

Thats two burning times when I cant burn propperly...

My math is average, but how much could one grind during the burn times? Like 700 Items? And there are 3 burning windows? So 2100 even items daily. So to be on the safe side one would have to get 1000 daily extra even items.

So Vaati I will make one spot free for you and I can atleast 1 to 1 with you. Also I recommend not to spend to fast Vaati. We should see how real are our chances without spending to fast just to fail later anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Okay, here are the calculations i've made.

The mean average to clear a hard, 20-30 minion Crisis quests is 2,5 to 3 minutes (if you're fast on your fingers and remember the unit positioning for each quest, easily done with your smartphone's notepad), which gives a "safe" mean of 21 Crisis Quests per hour (22 if you can manage to wait 15 minutes for the extra one). This makes a usage of 20 TE per hour, 60 TE per day, 300 TE(p) for a 5-day event.

So yes, you'll have enough TE(p) to go for all Crisis Quests (which i hope you can) I currently have 231 TE(p), so if one of the top Crisis Quests becomes "impossible" i can work around it.

And i'm not going to spend so hard like you believe, friend. I might spend only one 3k pack, maybe two if i get back a loan in time, with the first pack being there to give the 3-6 heavy rankers that i might find to start the immediate 500 (problem is that i'm really having troubles finding rankers who are going for this gift event).

My biggest concern is making the 70 200:2 purchases for the majority of the gifts that will make the 20k gap reachable. Many place their wares at 200:3, and while i cannot convert to their rates (otherwise everything goes down the drain), i still can add a  bonus as a random card/goddess, or state that i can purchase from them multiple times, giving them a solid buyer for their gifts.

Thanks for your help with this, loni. I'll reach you in-game soon.

@ cruori: any spare gifts that you could donate, or buy with either TE or spare cards, will be really appreciated; i'll always have a spare ally spot for teh random purchases, so don't worry ^_^
Back to top Go down
troqu
☆☆
troqu

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:28 pm

If I happen to have a ton of extra gifts lying around I'll sell some to ya at the 200:2 price, but getting myself the 6* comes first. TBH I was bored and not planning to participate heavily until I saw that unit...
Back to top Go down
Battletoad4

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:22 am

I'm trying to build up TE anyway, which can be tough as a free player, so this works out perfectly. I'll sell you every gift I make at 200:2 no problem. Get that 7*!
Back to top Go down
cruorimancer
☆☆☆
cruorimancer

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:55 am

Vaati wrote:

@ cruori: any spare gifts that you could donate, or buy with either TE or spare cards, will be really appreciated; i'll always have a spare ally spot for teh random purchases, so don't worry ^_^

depending on how much i have, if i ended up selling gift, then you can give me 5* instead as payment to save your TE/pot Smile

speaking of.. whiich one is the 7* reward rank for this event? :s
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:04 am

The 7* on this event, from wht i read, is a D Speed, 20 DC, AA mage unit. And, from what some also said, she's untradable.

And if you want to see her art, she's on the panel that appeared just today.
All the more reasons for me to get that sheriff ^_^
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:42 am

Did you even thought about also grabbing the rank reward? Or u dont believe the resources will last.

Also how the event items are being traded? Never done this before :/
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:13 am

The rank reward can be a plausible reward. However, note that the points for ranking are given when you send gifts, not when you recieve. But the last time i did a monumental effort like this was for Shade, the gift 6*, and i managed to obtain Will, the rank 6*, with a good security distance from the lowest rank. So, unless there are a lot more rankers than previous events, going for the gift 7* might net you the ranking 7* ("might", not "will").

As how you trade the gifts, you'll have to ally the person, do 20:1 trades until the gift seller gives the 200 gifts, and then the buyer sends a trade with the TE.

Ofc this may leave the seller open to scams, but the most rewarding units need a lot of gifts, so no player may sucesfully reach even the gift 5* by scamming players - they'll be branded as scammers before reaching such height, giving a very low profit (P pots, a few tickets and the like).
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:44 am

Thanks for the calculation Vaati. Realizing that using the maximum of ~300 te during crisis times will only net me 5000~6000 gifts is pretty depressing if the threshold is 20,000... even with an estimated free ~1500 gifts and normal grinding for around 350 gifts a day (let's say 2 gifts per quest, perfect grinding for ~14 hours a day outside of the Crisis Times), I'll still be short by more than 10k gifts...

Or did I mess up my calculation somewhere?
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Spacebug wrote:
Thanks for the calculation Vaati. Realizing that using the maximum of ~300 te during crisis times will only net me 5000~6000 gifts is pretty depressing if the threshold is 20,000... even with an estimated free ~1500 gifts and normal grinding for around 350 gifts a day (let's say 2 gifts per quest, perfect grinding for ~14 hours a day outside of the Crisis Times), I'll still be short by more than 10k gifts...

Or did I mess up my calculation somewhere?

They are correct.

There will be alot of gifts left to buy and that part scares me the most... Bcoz one thing is having the resources for the trade and other is finding someone with reasonable prices... Vaatis 200:2 is iam very afraid a wishfull thinking... To stay real we have to rise it atleast in the area of 200:3 if not 200:4 considering the bt reward is a 7*... One thing that MIGHT hellp is the fact that the bt reward 7* has only nice art, but besides nice art the skill and magic D AA is utterly useless nowdays.
Back to top Go down
goddesstio
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi

I play daily and I can get away with playing during work, so I'll be grinding feathers during the day a bit, and since I don't like the cowboy-theme and I doubt I'd manage the 7* anyway I'll be in for selling all my feathers at whatever market price sets for this event. Just hit me up at the beginning of the event (or now, if you want) goddesstio in game as well
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Thx for confirming loniguseze... Then ugh... 20k gifts didn't sound as that much at first, but if full grind + full resource burning will only get me halfway, then I'll pass on this untradable 7*.

I'd rather convert my TE(p) into gifts and sell them (and the free gifts) for ~100 pots/te. At least I'll be half way for a tradable 7*. If I do the same with my alt, then I might be able to afford a cheap 7* by the end of the event.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:56 pm

feel free to ally up now and i'll just send as they come in, i'll have a 7* lead up once i get mummy tonight
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:25 am

Right. 5 days, 15k stars.

It is as i expected, but i'll need a lot of help in getting the stars. The wedding will make things much harder, as i'll need to get 5k stars per day.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:29 am

loniguseze wrote:

There will be alot of gifts left to buy and that part scares me the most... Bcoz one thing is having the resources for the trade and other is finding someone with reasonable prices... Vaatis 200:2 is iam very afraid a wishfull thinking... To stay real we have to rise it atleast in the area of 200:3 if not 200:4 considering the bt reward is a 7*... One thing that MIGHT hellp is the fact that the bt reward 7* has only nice art, but besides nice art the skill and magic D AA is utterly useless nowdays.

Apparently, rising the bar to 200:3 might not be a bad idea...

...considering that there are more players competing for the 7* for albuming/art reasons.
Back to top Go down
troqu
☆☆
troqu

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:48 am

If the wiki is right your calculation fo 15k for the 7* seems spot on.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:58 pm

It is. The initial pop-up page shows how many gifts do you need to reach the highest unit. It's 15k alright.

At least we have some sort of measure to calculate how many gifts we need to reach a certain 7*... unless they change the ratio between events.

Edit: 6.5k gifts at the end of the first day. Maybe the wedding won't do that much harm ^_^
Back to top Go down
troqu
☆☆
troqu

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Nice going. I should have plenty of leftover I think to sell (or trade back and forth) you some considering that the 6* only needs 4500 and most of my allies don't seem to be participating this time. Smile
Back to top Go down
cruorimancer
☆☆☆
cruorimancer

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:13 am

i sent an ally request just noiw. have 1000+ gift Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!   Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vaati's Gift Event Request - help me reach 20k gifts!
Page 1 of 1