Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How do you know how rare a unit is?

Go down 
+4
po1102
Minowara
Kanata67
DarkKing11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKing11

How do you know how rare a unit is? Empty
PostSubject: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:21 pm

I know the obvious part that depends on how many stars a unit has, but I'm referring to the subdivisions within the star groups.

Is there a way to gauge the rarity of a card, without actually personally knowing the rarity from experience.
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Sure. Visit www.fantasitrade.com and do a search. As a rule the rare the card the more valuable it is. Some 4*s are worth as much as lower 6*s like Mary, furfur,Henry,Anne, frankenstien, etc. "heart" from the 1st board game is one of the most recent rare 4*s. some 5* again are worth lots like werewolf unit and Constance, and some 6* can be worth as much as 7*s .
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Oh yeah, for detailed info the fantasica wiki will actually tell you how many of an event unit were rewarded to players for limited edition earned units;) for instance 6* Cornelia was rewarded for rank 1-15 so at most there are still 15 of her available In game. Being that old the number is probably much less due to people who have quit playing. As such the only one available on fantasitrade is accepting 7* offers and probably very picky about what 7* they would take.
Back to top Go down
DarkKing11

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Awesome thxs for the site this will be very helpful
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:01 pm

The wiki is a better site than fantasitrade to show true rarities.  If you look up any unit, it will tell you how many copies of the card were released, or if it is in the standard card packs, consider it a LOT of units out there.

http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 am

That only works for rank rewards. For personal rewards like shard rewards in training, gift rewards, win count rewards, or bt rewards the wiki doesn't help you much.
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:47 am

and overall, common unit somehow shared the same price range unless for DC15 Iron Wall 5* Amina
Common 4*x5: 1TE (fresh), 2-3TE (LV40), 4-5TE (LV80-100)
Common 5*: 1-3TE or LV40 4*x5
Common 6*: 9-13TE or LV40 5*x5
Common 7*: 200TE-250TE (Marybell, Cella, Ethel, Liz, Lana) sry for miscalculation...

speaking of LE unit, they're affected by printed amount and usage:
LE 4*: 1-25TE regardless of level, only by specific unit, Adele and Anne are notable 25TE 4*
Boss 4* mon/unit: 3-8TE depends on amount
LE 5*: 2-5TE (Ruse, Claude, common LE 5* etc)
old / revealing 5* 8-13TE (Holly, Hydria, Iris, etc), 150TE (Herb), 250TE (Constance, Grem)
LE 6*: 8-13TE (Shade, Pregare, Morti), 15TE (Papyrus), 30-40TE (Ombre, Beneditca)
useful LE 6*: 90TE above (WillieU)
6* beyond 3000TE: EthelU, Isabelle, Georgios (Black Dragon U, only 1-2 active), Gloria 6* (1 active)

btw the price of LV80 Harpy is...?

Last edited by Mhazard on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:59 am

Mhazard wrote:
and overall, common unit somehow shared the same price range unless for DC15 Iron Wall 5* Amina
Common 4*x5: 1TE (fresh), 2-3TE (LV40), 4-5TE (LV80-100)
Common 5*: 1-3TE or LV40 4*x5
Common 6*: 9-13TE or LV40 5*x5
Common 7*: 200TE above (Marybell, Cella), 700TE (Ethel, Liz, Lana)

speaking of LE unit, they're affected by printed amount and usage:
LE 4*: 1-25TE regardless of level, only by specific unit, Adele and Anne are notable 25TE 4*
Boss 4* mon/unit: 3-8TE depends on amount
LE 5*: 2-5TE (Ruse, Claude, common LE 5* etc)
old / revealing 5* 8-13TE (Holly, Hydria, Iris, etc), 150TE (Herb), 250TE (Constance, Grem)
LE 6*: 8-13TE (Shade, Pregare, Morti), 15TE (Papyrus), 30-40TE (Ombre, Beneditca)
useful LE 6*: 90TE above (WillieU)
6* beyond 3000TE: EthelU, Isabelle, Georgios (Black Dragon U, only 1-2 active), Gloria 6* (1 active)

Some of these values are absurdly out of line with market forces...

700TE (Ethel, Liz, Lana) - not a chance. Ethelred 7* is 250-350. Liz and Lana are barely maintaining 700. Expect them in the 550-650 range within a month or less.

Rarity is dictated by amount known to be in circulation.

* Reward units from early in the game's history are usually 5-20 in number. This is why Black Dragon (monster) and Georgios (Unit recruited from Black Dragon) are so expensive. There were only 10 Black Dragons issued. Most were recruited, but several of the recipients were also banned later. Investigations (credit to Dwoods) have shown that there are approx 2 Georgios and MAYBE 1 Black Dragon still in circulation.

* Many recipients of the early reward units have simply quit, taking those cards with them. This increases rarity of the early reward units.

* Most early reward units are just terrible stat-wise compared to their modern, more numerous counterparts. Alsiel is an amazing looking unit, as is Tina, but their outclassed by currently available and cheaper alternatives like Monica.
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:43 pm

I heard Gloria 6* was beyond 6k-8k Pots as well as Diana Blue.

Isabelle is not beyond 3k. She worth less than 2-2.5k.

On the other hand, Liz and Lana are still in the range of 500-600 pots or 600-700 te. You are fortunate if you encounter players who sell Liz for 400-450. Ethel 7* is 350-400 not 200.

I only considered Cella and Marybell 7 as 200+ as well as Lactis and Lierna.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Kanata67 wrote:
Sure. Visit www.fantasitrade.com and do a search. As a rule the rare the card the more valuable it is. Some 4*s are worth as much as lower 6*s like Mary, furfur,Henry,Anne, frankenstien, etc. "heart" from the 1st board game is one of the most recent rare 4*s.  some 5* again are worth lots like werewolf unit and Constance, and some 6* can be worth as much as 7*s .

No no no - VERY bad advice.

Use this link: http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Reasons why units are rare/valuable:

* Limited availability - early event reward units like some 5*'s and 6*'s were awarded in VERY limited quantities compared to today. 7*'s and 8*'s are the current equivalent. Only 10 copies of Black Dragon (6* monster) were awarded.

* Age - Those early events had a different player base than today. Quite a few of the ranking players from the early days of Fanta are no longer playing for various reasons (retired, quit, moved on, banned.) Some accounts still have those reward and Limited Edition units on those account, but because of the inactivity, they're effectively lost and no longer part of the market. This means that there are fewer than 10 Black Dragon
monsters in circulation (some players quit, some banned, some used recruit to turn the Monster into the Georgios unit.)

* State/Status of the card - Monsters have a higher value if they can be recruited. If a monster reward unit can be recruited, many were. This lowered the total number of those monsters in circulation, thus making them more rare. As a rule, any monster reward unit that has 30 copies or less handed out tends to increase in value if it can be recruited. This value goes up drastically if the Monster is a 6* or 7*.

* Reward Unit vs Pack unit - Reward units have fewer copies in circulation and will not appear again. This means that a 6* reward unit with only 10-15 copies in circulation will be FAR more valuable than a 6* unit in standard packs, even if the standard unit has vastly superior stats.
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 2:12 am

xfalconhunterx wrote:
Kanata67 wrote:
Sure. Visit www.fantasitrade.com and do a search. As a rule the rare the card the more valuable it is. Some 4*s are worth as much as lower 6*s like Mary, furfur,Henry,Anne, frankenstien, etc. "heart" from the 1st board game is one of the most recent rare 4*s.  some 5* again are worth lots like werewolf unit and Constance, and some 6* can be worth as much as 7*s .

No no no - VERY bad advice.

Use this link: http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

* Limited availability - early event reward units like some 5*'s and 6*'s were awarded in VERY limited quantities compared to today. 7*'s and 8*'s are the current equivalent. Only 10 copies of Black Dragon (6* monster) were awarded.

* Age - Those early events had a different player base than today. Quite a few of the ranking players from the early days of Fanta are no longer playing for various reasons (retired, quit, moved on, banned.) Some accounts still have those reward and Limited Edition units on those account, but because of the inactivity, they're effectively lost and no longer part of the market. This means that there are fewer than 10 Black Dragon
monsters in circulation (some players quit, some banned, some used recruit to turn the Monster into the Georgios unit.)

* State/Status of the card - Monsters have a higher value if they can be recruited. If a monster reward unit can be recruited, many were. This lowered the total number of those monsters in circulation, thus making them more rare. As a rule, any monster reward unit that has 30 copies or less handed out tends to increase in value if it can be recruited. This value goes up drastically if the Monster is a 6* or 7*.

* Reward Unit vs Pack unit - Reward units have fewer copies in circulation and will not appear again. This means that a 6* reward unit with only 10-15 copies in circulation will be FAR more valuable than a 6* unit in standard packs, even if the standard unit has vastly superior stats.

speaking of old unit vaule, why is Beatrix from Dark Elf Series inexpensive to a point which the 4* Lieselotte from the same series seems more worthy than her?
(I got an mlb one from auction with barely 6TE before, while I had to pay 15TE or sell out Purifica on the first half-day of the event when she still worth 15TE before Puri's drastic drop to barely 1TE, such question is still wandering in my brain...)

also, about 3* worthing 15TE, like Nix and Lucy, what's the reason behind this? is it because they used them as feeder? or christmas unit? or a trend behind known as "Saint Pro Nix", which the members owns an mlb Nix and gathered up together?

Btw if I managed to create mlb unit which the others never thought off, like LV80 Harpy, being a (temporarily) unique, or simply the very first mlb copy, is the price determined by the seller, like deciding to set the price of the FIRST LV80 Harpy as 10TE or whatever I want to, regardless the fact it's a recruited 3*?

P.S.
anyone knows the price of mlb Claudio?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:42 am

Mhazard wrote:

also, about 3* worthing 15TE, like Nix and Lucy, what's the reason behind this? is it because they used them as feeder? or christmas unit? or a trend behind known as "Saint Pro Nix", which the members owns an mlb Nix and gathered up together?

Btw if I managed to create mlb unit which the others never thought off, like LV80 Harpy, being a (temporarily) unique, or simply the very first mlb copy, is the price determined by the seller, like deciding to set the price of the FIRST LV80 Harpy as 10TE or whatever I want to, regardless the fact it's a recruited 3*?

P.S.
anyone knows the price of mlb Claudio?

xfalconhunterx wrote:

All three reasons above show why Nix/Lucy is expensive. Nix and Lucy are both LE units never to be reprinted again (thus far). So their naturally high in price, also the Nix trend going around also rises the price. Who can deny the snowman after all?

Also, Harpy and Claudio are all commons, I would believe they wouldn't have a price at all.

Being first in common cards doesn't mean it's special. Anyone can grab a Harpy and recruit and mlb if they wanted to. It's not that difficult. It's like the recent trend how people like mlb Nils and such. Nils is a common card that can be acquired from training card packs, but no one would pay TE for such a common card (unless they're lazy and they really wanted it).

However if you pulled something like the very FIRST Marybell in the very first Marybell card pack (when they were first released), that would make a difference. Everyone wants the brand new cards because people want to:
Album
Keep
Deploy
Artistic appraisal
Things like that

Also the numbers of the card is still limited until more of them gets pulled within the next few days.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

Mhazard wrote:
speaking of old unit vaule, why is Beatrix from Dark Elf Series inexpensive to a point which the 4* Lieselotte from the same series seems more worthy than her?
(I got an mlb one from auction with barely 6TE before, while I had to pay 15TE or sell out Purifica on the first half-day of the event when she still worth 15TE before Puri's drastic drop to barely 1TE, such question is still wandering in my brain...)

SnowTempest pretty much nailed it, but they didn't mention that the Dark Elf series was sorta reprinted a couple of times. SERIES packs don't count when one talks about LE, because anything that was offered in a Pack can and usually will be offered again, albeit in a different form.

For example, Beatrix was one of many offered in a recent style of pack that included some new units, some regular units, and some reprints from the series you're mentioning. Beatrix is outclassed as a 15DC unit by cards like Vert, Gust, Aquaria, and event Shanna. Because of that, she has no lasting value. I don't believe that ALL the cards from the Dark Elf series were re-released, rather, only a few specific ones.

Even Shanna, who was a Guild Battle 6 Win Count reward, isn't rare enough to garner enough demand.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you know how rare a unit is?   How do you know how rare a unit is? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you know how rare a unit is?
Page 1 of 1