Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Event Ranking and Loophole

Go down 
+9
kennex
memphiskite
pnoytroi
clocksprocket
King-Shawe
Cam
basiliskeye
ElysianField
sagemacleod
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

Event Ranking and Loophole - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 pm

sagemacleod wrote:
I was just reading the Rank Rewards for "It Came From Halloween"
There's a footnote under the list of prizes

"In the event that two or more players share the same rank, we will use another method to determine who receives the rewards"

lol! it seems we have a mole, SS actually browses the forum.
Let's have a competition to guess who the mole is. Very Happy
How about you tell us "what this method to determine who receives the reward" is huh?

lol. My guess is which ever player has spent the most money on the game will rank above the other.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 am

Just to point out. They have realized there is a loophole in their mechanic system for rank wins (Prob due to the ease of stacking ties in pvp win settings) and have taken steps to correct it.

I suggest you check the rules now, since they have now added a rule stating that in the event of a tie they will use some secret methodology to figure out who gets the prize.

Edit : Looks like someone pointed it out already right above me.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:19 pm

"In the event that two or more players share the same rank, we will use another method to determine who receives the rewards"

Did anyone tie at the bottom of the brackets for "Halloween" and didn't get prizes they were suppose to?
Maybe we'll see this "tie breaker" rule implemented during PvP.

Last edited by sagemacleod on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shaolin312

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 pm

The above stated "tie-breaker" has been noted in the rules of almost every event since i started playing...they're well aware of the chance of players getting the same rank. What i dont think they anticipate is that the players have done exactly the same thing to get that rank (i.e. doing the exact same number of quests, or blaze quests) the "mythological method" other than pure rock, paper, scissor luck would be "who did the most amount of blaze quests." So then it would be " whoever spent the most amount of money wins" but only in the sense of blaze 2 tickets. So in the aforementioned loop-hole if all of us did the exact same thing and got the exact same score....there would be no reasonable method of choosing a winner, not without everyone getting pissed that they were in top 10 and didnt get a 6* for unexplainable reasons. There would be pandemonium and loss of players....they would have to give everyone one, or no one one, in order to keep the peace. In other words, this idea would only cause pain...
...but i like the way you think
P.S. sorry for narrative
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Ranking and Loophole
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2