Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Event Ranking and Loophole

Go down 
+9
kennex
memphiskite
pnoytroi
clocksprocket
King-Shawe
Cam
basiliskeye
ElysianField
sagemacleod
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

Event Ranking and Loophole Empty
PostSubject: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:42 pm

I know events are for competing but "Fire of Apocalypse" seems like the perfect event to try something like this.
With BT point prizes being lame, we don't really need to earn BT for rare cards. We're just aiming for the ranking at the end of the game.
There aren't any Event Heroes to give extra BT either.

Anyway, the loophole. If you have the same amount of BT, you're ranked the same.
So, if we all only did Blaze 1 and beat Dorothy, then STOP playing until end of event.
We'll all have same amount of BT points (let's say 3000BT, for winning within 1 match)
Granted that it takes you 2-3 tries to beat Dorothy, the BT shouldn't be too different from everyone else. So we all should be Top 10.

So if we all have 3000BT points at the end of the event, we'll all be ranked #1.
We'll all get the 6* card.

This obviously won't work if everyone don't agree to it. Not everyone playing is in the forum, so they wouldn't know.

I wouldn't consider this cheating or against TOS rules of Fantasica, loophole due to ranking system.

Open for discussion, nothing more.

Last edited by sagemacleod on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

i doubt people will agree with this.

price of the card will drop if everyone gets one.

so the rush of competing is gone.
Back to top Go down
basiliskeye

basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeaaaah. . .

No.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 pm

i woudn't be a part of it.

Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I think this would be interesting [If it happened], but you will never get tens of thousands of players to agree to this. Especially those that already have 6*s. =p

My thoughts:
Most people without a 6* -> Want one to catch up. [Would probably agree]
Most people with a 6* -> Don't want others to have them so they can stay ahead. [Would disagree]

Last edited by Cam on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King-Shawe
☆☆
King-Shawe

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm

^ If somehow this were do-able (which it isn't) SS would likely find this conspiracy against the spirit of the game and reward no prizes. This event is geared to sell things in the card shop and make them money, not for everyone to get a new 6*.

Also - after the last event(s) where a 5* was given out for clearing 100 floors and then a recruitment event mainly to convert that specific unit the week after... I doubt we're going to see any "wow here's a really awesome card for everyone" events for a while.

Sonia is badass enough as a 5* with a very unique area attack that I think the "gimme" meter should be full for more people and stay that way for a while.
Back to top Go down
basiliskeye

basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Oh believe me, getting Sonia to accept conversion was NOT a "gimme" for most people that didn't already have millions of Luna and hundreds of Time Elixirs to trade for.

In fact I would even go so far to say the majority of Sonias are still monster units now.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Let's get back on topic people.
This isn't about Fantasica doing a "gimme" event.
FoA isn't a "gimme" event anyway, but the loophole is present.
This is quite a stripped down event, that makes this loophole more possible.

We don't have to compete and all be in Top 10.
No endless nights to grind to get ranked position for 6*, saving you time.
No money required to buy "blaze tickets" to rank, saving you real $$$.

Last edited by sagemacleod on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Someone doesn't know about human nature OR game theory.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm

but no one will get the unit after the 9th panel is open.

making it a waste since we will NEVER be able to complete the album.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm

A loophole to save time and real money?
I would clearly call that human nature. Who doesn't want those 2 things?

I did say the events was about "competing," so I do understand the "spirit" of competing/game theory. However, the possible loophole is still present none the less.

Just depends what's more important - human nature or game spirit.

Not trying to be defensive at your comment Clocks, a open discussion it is.

Is there a unit after the 9th panel?

Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

But we won't be able to do quests for a week.

i get my TE with leveling units and selling them so this is a NO for me.
Back to top Go down
basiliskeye

basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Event Ranking and Loophole A71464fb1482d8b9

And besides, the people that botted thousands of TE early off that win just about every event already have more BP then you will by next friday.
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:26 pm

sagemacleod wrote:
Let's get back on topic people.
This isn't about Fantasica doing a "gimme" event.
FoA isn't a "gimme" event anyway, but the loophole is present.
This is quite a stripped down event, that makes this loophole more possible.

Wait, you're serious?
There is no loophole because this is impossible. lol.
You're basically asking everyone who will play the event to play a certain mission once
and then stop playing the game for the rest of the week. It's not possible. xD

Plus, considering that we are dealing with Silicon Studios...
They would probably just decide to not give any rewards and punish everyone by taking away their strongest unit or something. =p
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:35 pm

If:

A.) Everyone that played was the game was a member of the forum and saw this message in advance before the event started;

B.) Everyone actually followed it,

Then yes, in theory it could happen.

There are too many variables to prevent that from happening, i.e. new people downloading the game that don't know about the forum/thread/etc., people buying the card packs with increased chances of 6* pulls due to SS/Mobage celebrating their 400k download and not using their "free-bee" of Blaze Quest Tickets, greediness of people wanting to rank, etc.

I would agree with you that the specific loophole you're talking about is present. But that's a bit of a stretch to ask people not to play a game for a week in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

basiliskeye wrote:

And besides, the people that botted thousands of TE early off that win just about every event already have more BP then you will by next friday.

Obviously, the top players needs to agree to it as well.
This also benefits them since they don't have to spend $$$ or TE to reach that top spot for that 6* card.
Of course, their need to compete isn't a controllable factor.

Cam wrote:

Wait, you're serious?
You're basically asking everyone who will play the event to play a certain mission once

In Miina's own words "Not impossible but nearly improbable"
I know we can't get everyone to agree or non-forum member to follow up. But if we could, just opening it to discussion.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:57 pm

This kind of game is unstable with 11 players, much less thousands.

It's human nature to attempt to maximize profits/utility. The reason this wouldn't work is that someone would start questing in order to make sure they get the card, and then everything breaks down. ie. nash equilibrium is for everyone to continually quest for themselves.

Imagine a beach, with two vendors.

|----x--------------x----]

They're currently at the "x"s, and based on where they are, they capture 50% or the beach.

But this isn't equilibrium, because any one of those vendors can move right next to the other and capture 3/4 of the beach instead:

|----xx------------------]

Then the first vendor will move to the right, to capture the market:

|-----xx-----------------]

And so on, until they're sitting right on top of each other at 50%, in the middle:

|------------x-----------]

Essentially the same thing would happen here -- yeah, you could all agree to stop at one quest, but all it takes is one person to do an extra quest to insure they get that 6* before it breaks down. And we have thousands of players here.
Back to top Go down
King-Shawe
☆☆
King-Shawe

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm

^ I would be that one person, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:47 pm

sagemacleod wrote:
basiliskeye wrote:

Obviously, the top players needs to agree to it as well.
This also benefits them since they don't have to spend $$$ or TE to reach that top spot for that 6* card.
Of course, their need to compete isn't a controllable factor.

Cam wrote:

Wait, you're serious?

In Miina's own words "Not impossible but nearly improbable"
I know we can't get everyone to agree or non-forum member to follow up. But if we could, just opening it to discussion.

It's fun to think about, but it's a bit naive to think there's even a 0.00001% chance of this happening.
No matter how many people you get to agree, there will be people that previously agreed but will complete a quest(s) right before the event ends to bump up their score and pass everyone that tied.
[And the more people you get to agree, the more people you will get that do this.]

Even I would do quests right at the end, because I wouldn't trust strangers on the internet not to. =p
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Sorry, I can be quite competitive.

I'm afraid you must see me as a traitor in your theory....
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 am

memphiskite wrote:
Sorry, I can be quite competitive.

I'm afraid you must see me as a traitor in your theory....

think at least 90% will.. including me.
Back to top Go down
kennex

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:41 pm

anyways the BT pts is gained by normal questing.. so u cant standardise....
Back to top Go down
Avyel
Queen of the End [LEGENDARY]
Avyel

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible.

It'll fall the way of games such as Little Big Planet.

Sure you'll all get the same score...but you'll all STILL get a rank past top 10..

There will still be rank 200 or 500 and completely void this theory.
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm

I was just reading the Rank Rewards for "It Came From Halloween"
There's a footnote under the list of prizes

"In the event that two or more players share the same rank, we will use another method to determine who receives the rewards"

lol! it seems we have a mole, SS actually browses the forum.
Let's have a competition to guess who the mole is. Very Happy

How about you tell us "what this method to determine who receives the reward" is huh?

Last edited by sagemacleod on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm

sagemacleod wrote:
I was just reading the Rank Rewards for "It Came From Halloween"
There's a footnote under the list of prizes

"In the event that two or more players share the same rank, we will use another method to determine who receives the rewards"

lol! it seems we have a mole, SS actually browses the forum.
Let's have a competition to guess who the mole is. Very Happy
How about you tell us "what this method to determine who receives the reward" is huh?
2 SS employees will take part in determining who wins... 1 employee for each player. how they decide? paper, rock, scissors. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Ranking and Loophole   Event Ranking and Loophole I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Ranking and Loophole
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next