Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?

Go down 
+3
gambolice
bluerexx
hamammm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hamammm

Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello all. Before I would like to begin, I'd first like to give you all a brief disclaimer so that you all don't take my wrath/ire/annoyance wrongly. I believe Fantasica is a fun and great game, and that it has its good points, as well as its bad. (I won't go into further detail here-that should be reserved for a completely different topic.) What I do feel, however, is that its customer support and player help seems to be quite indifferent to players' requests and feelings and the like. I'll go into further discussion of my exact problem down below.

A little background about myself: I've been playing Fantasica for about a year now. I played quite actively last year, getting fairly far into the rankings system for the last event they held before I quit for about a year. Reason I quit? Because I thought my account had been completely wiped. When I came back one day after the event had ended, Fantasica went on an in game update, as it usually does when it updates events, ending events, and the starts of new events. The game tells you "Don't turn off the application until the update is completed". Being a good gamer, naturally, I allowed the update to go through without touching my iPhone 4. Halfway through, however, my Internet crashed, sadly, considering my phone ran on wifi and my router was not as good as I would have liked it to be. The Fantasica update stopped as well. No, the game did not crash, the update was just stuck in the middle for who knows how long. I waited about 15 minutes after my phone had reconnected to the internet for the Fantasica update to continue, but, as many updates and downloads work, the progress bar simply stopped moving, forcing me to reload the application completely, which was the only option available to me. Now, back then, I had played Fantasica very frequently, but only as an avid player, meaning that I did not take much time to look at all the options or all the technicalities of logging in or etc. The reason for this was that once you logged in, you could remain logged in for the course of months, even a year in my case. So when the update completed when relaunching Fantasica a second time, I found that my account had been logged out. So I proceeded to log in using my Mobage account that I had used for Rage of Bahamut. Upon logging in, I found that everything I had, all the levels I had gained, and all the cards/items I had garnered over the course of a full year, had been completely wiped and the game forced me to go through a tutorial process again. As any other player thrown in the same situation would do, I quit the application, threw my phone on my bed, drank some cold water to calm down, then took a 3 hour nap. (I mean, everything I had was gone, hours and days' work of playing diligently). I could not believe what had happened, and proceeded through the tutorial and tried to make sure that everything had really disappeared. It was true. Anyhow, after this negative experience, I simply put down the game and quit, for a period of almost a year now.

Now, almost a year later from that event, I picked up my phone again, browsing the app store, when I remembered a game I had loved to play before-Fantasica. So I mosied on over and downloaded the game again. When it asked me to log in, I completely disregarded the facebook login function that I did not even believe I had used before, and utilized my Mobage account to log in, leading me to the "wiped" account again. Not knowing much about the new Fantasica, I explored the recent event and the new character cards I saw on other people's profiles before I encountered an error when trying to collect cards from my inbox: Your device is not registered with this account yet. So I clicked register, and this account was, from then on, tethered to my device. Then I proceeded to collect my rewards that had been sent to my inbox. The next time I logged into the game, however, I utilized the facebook login instead, to see if it was any different from the Mobage login I had used previously. What I found shocked me. My old account, rather than being wiped, was ACTUALLY my Facebook login account, which I had not realized and had thought was missing because I had used my Mobage account to log in instead. Finding this out, I was, at first, overjoyed, because all my work had not been wasted, and I could participate in the new event with renewed fervor and excitement. What came next, however, threw a rut into my plans.

On my original account, which is what I will refer to it as from now on, I found that I could not collect items from my inbox, because this account had not been registered with my device. It stated that only one account could be registered to one device.

So I was kind of miffed, but it didn't stop me. I understood then that Fantasica would only allow one account to be registered on one device so that they could prevent people multi-accounting and taking the resources from every account they could access on one device and benefiting themselves through this malicious process. But I believed that my case was somewhat special, and I messaged Fantasica Support through the email contact they gave me through the game's help section, asking if they could solve my issue.

Now I know most of you are thinking: Too bad, that's completely your fault for being dumb and creating a new account, forgetting where your old one was, and registering your new account on your device. But I have a few justifications to what happened, why it happened, and why the situation became what it is today.

1. Fantasica's help section is not as "helpful" as they claim it to be. Taking a look at the information given, especially pertaining to the crisis I was going through with the 1 account per 1 device, it gives the following quotes:

"Once you have registered an account on a device, you can not link it to another device."

"You can not register more than one account on a single device."

"You can not have more than one device registered on a single account."

Now, when I had emailed Fantasica Support for help, and I will post the current status and conversation that we had over email at the bottom of my post, they simply responded that their policy only allowed one device to be registered to one account.

Yeah. Great. Except a small problem. What I had been looking for since the beginning, and I'm pretty sure I made it quite clear in my message for help to Fantasica Support as well, was that I would like to reregister my old account onto my new device. I see that as clearly abiding the policy of "one device stuck to one account" as Fantasica Support could simply unregister my new account and reattach my old account instead. In addition, this help section simply does not state the information in clear enough terms, rather, it seems to clearly say only that you are only barred from having multiple accounts registered to a single device and that a single account cannot be linked to multiple devices.

Now what most angers me is that I had sent an email to Fantasica fully detailing my situation, and a suggestion for them on how to fix my problem. Over the course of a week, however, the only response they've given me is to look at the help section and that it details their policy, which stops them from acting. Umm. No. It doesn't. At least not in my eyes, and not in Fantasica Support's eyes, IF they had fully read and even at least, tried to understand the specific details of my problem, that I had CLEARLY stated to them in long, elaborate emails. Which, of course, they've only responded to in short lines that don't require much thinking at all.

Yes. I understand Fantasica is a busy game, with a busy support base, with a large volume of support requests incoming to them. Does this give them the right to disregard the specifics of my case, and just throw it down the gutter as if it did not matter? I don't think so. If I were to give a hypothetical example, take the career of a lawyer. Even if he's backed up by a huge load of cases, he cannot afford to lose even 1 case, or it goes negatively for his entire reputation AS a lawyer. A lawyer simply cannot disregard one case because he's busy with other cases, but must treat each case with equal care, and make the best effort he possibly can in order to win that one case, along with all the other cases that are thrust upon him. Similarly, I believe that Fantasica Support is obligated to look at, even just TRY to understand my case, and TRY to come up with a solution, and if they can't, then to give compensation, or to at least tell me the specific reasons why they cannot solve my problem.

OK. I've said it. You all probably think that I'm just angry at their support system and that I want compensation, right? I bet you're all thinking "Oh, this is just one of those suckers who wants a free 7* card or some boost in game just by ranting against Fantasica Support." In part, you're right. I am mad. I'm infuriated. I was mad enough to write 2 separate replies to Fantasica support giving them a piece of my mind, even asking for their phone number in my latest response, because, clearly, email just doesn't seem to cut it. But as for the second part, that isn't really what drives me. I express my anger to rebel against their unfair/lazy support system, not to simply receive a few time elixirs or potions in the mail (which would not even matter anyway, because if my original account is not reattached to my device anyway, I'm quitting, which I clearly state in my email as well). I find it almost impossible and just plain uncaring of the support team to disregard my request, throw it in the garbage dump, offer a petty excuse without even fully understanding my problem as a whole, referring me to a help section that has nothing to do with my current situation, and ultimately, wasting my time on a support request that, I feel, could be handled and fixed in less than half the time I wasted replying to their almost nonexistant email responses.

http://pastie.org/private/owh8khrtkprhmwl1v4lng

Above is the pastie link for the email conversation I enjoyed *cough cough* with Fantasica support over the course of 1 week.

tl;dr I'm disappointed by Fantasica's support system, which didn't even seem to take my case into consideration and threw it in the backburner without 1. Trying to understand my specific problem, 2. Rerouting me to a help section that does not apply, 3. Wasting my time, completely and utterly. But. I mean. The full story is above, so I'd much rather you read that, even though it does span the length of a couple pages.

Thanks all, for listening to my rant, and hopefully, that gave you all a slightly better insight on dealing with Fantasica support in the future. In no way am I saying that the game, the team, or the playerbase is horrible, in any way, shape, or form, rather that I feel that support has not been able to satisfy my request and that some reform or repolicymaking is clearly due in this case.
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:57 pm

You basically just described 90% of support systems. It's just a job to them, and they do not appreciate the time and effort we put in to games.

If you are lucky, you might be able to talk to someone who actually cares, but that's more rare than pulling 7*.
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Sometimes support systems are , worse still , bots.

*Thank you for using XXX support. We will send this to our respective departments to access the problem blablabla...*

And they end up not answering to you.

Personally from your email, it looks like the support system are maintained by non-players, cuz what they mentioned was rather dumb.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 am

Let me tell you something about Mobage...

Garbage!

Fantasica is like meth. Mobage is like a drug dealer. They squeeze what they can get from a paying player until they die. When shoot happens, you're on your own.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 am

borrow a friends phone/device or computer (or other drastic options), open your old account from there and register it. then send all of your goodies to your new/fb account. now the only thing you'll be missing is the event rank on your profile, name and start date but you'll at least have all of your stuff.

edit to say, while your situation is unfortunate the policy is indeed there for a reason and while it has had unfortunate consequences for some it has also prevented a lot of greifing/cheating/scamming by others. like i said above not all is lost in your case, you'll just have to be smart and work with and around the system.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 am

This thread will be forever the most perfect example of a Fantasica hater. Thank you for the contribution... LMAO!

Besides, there is a Device Registration FAQ that you can Google by me.
Mobage is ofc, always garbage by the no.of times it has proven itself.
Yes , my FAQ can be googled.
Back to top Go down
hamammm

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks all, for your insightful replies. I've learned a few things from them, starting with that mobage is garbage in general... LOL. Anyhow, I understand that I could work my way around this system by unconventional methods of course involving trading all my cards to myself, etc. but what I'm really trying to do is to get support to answer my request. The reason I have not yet tried any methods to just give my original account cards to my new account and such is that I would really like to see Fantasica Support do all they can do to first try to solve my issue before I have to take it into my own hands. Think of it as if this were a research project in which, through the results, we as a community can clearly record Mobage and Fantasica Support's performance, and perhaps be able to even change the way it operates so thst it can even BEGIN touching on the basics of proper customer service for a large company with a giant playerbase. In response to that last post... Sorry, but I believe that is quite the false accusation. I do not hate Fantasica. In essence, it's a great game that I enjoy playing, hence the care I've taken to try to get my issue publicized and fixed. Rather than a Fantasica hater as you try to simply paint me to be, I'm just an average player who is dissatisfied by their virtually nonexistant customer support. The main point is that, while this thread was a way for me to rant as stated in the thread title, it also has a deeper meaning behind it, as well as a specific part of the game that I found unsatisfactory. I don't believe that this theead was meant to be a hate thread on the Fantasica game itself, just a complaint regardin its abysmal customer service. And yes, I read that faq. But none of it pertains to the request I sent to Fantasica Support. If they had a dedicated support system, which I can now safely assume they do not- they would be able to update the database manually and remove a simple identification code from it. I findit quite impossible to elieve that they do not have the resources or the administrator access to do that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm

its not a matter of them not having the resources (which they may or may not) its the fact that your request just will not be complied with. its not because of you or your situation its because if they allowed that type of thing to go on its because allowing you to do this would open the door for device abuse. The faq does pertain to you and states, maybe not explicitly enough, that you can only register one account on one device and no other account may ever be registered there.

in short: just because someone says no to you does not make them bad.
Back to top Go down
hamammm

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:51 pm

I agree that device abuse is bad. Of course, players should not be able to abuse the hell out of the system and create endless profit for themselves and gain an unfair advantage over other players. If they DID address my problem with all the due attention it should have received, however, they should have realized, firstly, that this was not a case of wanting to create multiple accounts to cheat. I thought that was pretty clearly explained on my part. Of course they may say that their policy is what their policy is, and that there is no way around it. Fine. They can tell me that themselves. What I don't agree with, is Fantasica's blatant unresponsiveness and unwillingness to even speak to me in person or to thoroughly explain why they cannot help me or what the problem seems to be. All I've gotten are automated replies. Automated replies. That's it. I don't appreciate that. If they had one new, different response that clearly shows that a person put thought into the issue, then I would be satisfied with their response, even though it may not solve my problem entirely. The fact that they, instead of saying "no", refuse to address my issue to the best of their ability, is what ticks me off. Yes, the FAQ does say that only one device per account is allowed, but I don't want some FAQ telling me that. I want them to tell me that. Call me picky and fickle if you must, but it's a big difference when someone tells you something upright when asked, compared to me having to search for an alternate resource to answer my question myself. It's just not the same, and I can't call it "great service" in any way.

tl;dr: Just because someone says no to you does not make them bad. I agree. Of course, that's only logical. But if they say no without ever addressing your issue and blatantly ignoring your case and opinion? That's where the problem lies. That's what makes them "bad".
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:18 pm

i suggest some chocolate followed by a mani/pedi and capped of by some ben and jerry's
Back to top Go down
hamammm

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Haagen Dazs for me Smile But yeah, I've been waiting, and no further responses have come in yet... So I'll just assume that my case is a lost cause now Sad Since no further progress on my email conversation seems to be incoming, I guess I'll just prep my new account... or maybe just do homework instead...
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 pm

You dont hate fantasica, you hate their customer support.

There`s a difference. I think some got them mixed up.
Back to top Go down
TruthMaker
☆☆
TruthMaker

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 am

They did help my sis register  her account again.

There was a slight problem with registering that affected my sister first than seemed to spread to other players a few months ago...

After writing 1-2 emails to mobage,they did reply my sister although they did ask countless times if she really couldn't register and if she had more than one account.

My sister clearly stated that she had only  one account and that she spend coins(those free download coins,she didn't mention those were free) on fantasica and that there were other people cards that she was abluming whom will be very unhappy if she couldn't trade back.

Something between those lines and they(I have no idea how they did it) but they reset her hand phone ip somehow and she was able to register her account again...

Maybe it was because so many people were facing the same problems as her(Most were apple phones though...I think)or it was because of what she said.

Try something between my sister lines and good luck.

If you need to know what my sister exactly wrote to them...Kik TruthMaker.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 am

TruthMaker wrote:
They did help my sis register  her account again.

There was a slight problem with registering that affected my sister first than seemed to spread to other players a few months ago...

After writing 1-2 emails to mobage,they did reply my sister although they did ask countless times if she really couldn't register and if she had more than one account.

My sister clearly stated that she had only  one account and that she spend coins(those free download coins,she didn't mention those were free) on fantasica and that there were other people cards that she was abluming whom will be very unhappy if she couldn't trade back.

Something between those lines and they(I have no idea how they did it) but they reset her hand phone ip somehow and she was able to register her account again...

Maybe it was because so many people were facing the same problems as her(Most were apple phones though...I think)or it was because of what she said.

Try something between my sister lines and good luck.

If you need to know what my sister exactly wrote to them...Kik TruthMaker.
I believe that you are talking about the Android bug that caused players' devices to unregister by itself when these players did not register in other devices at all. I think the bug is now fixed since there are no recent reports of it.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am

hamammm wrote:
Thanks all, for your insightful replies. I've learned a few things from them, starting with that mobage is garbage in general... LOL. Anyhow, I understand that I could work my way around this system by unconventional methods of course involving trading all my cards to myself, etc. but what I'm really trying to do is to get support to answer my request. The reason I have not yet tried any methods to just give my original account cards to my new account and such is that I would really like to see Fantasica Support do all they can do to first try to solve my issue before I have to take it into my own hands. Think of it as if this were a research project in which, through the results, we as a community can clearly record Mobage and Fantasica Support's performance, and perhaps be able to even change the way it operates so thst it can even BEGIN touching on the basics of proper customer service for a large company with a giant playerbase. In response to that last post... Sorry, but I believe that is quite the false accusation. I do not hate Fantasica. In essence, it's a great game that I enjoy playing, hence the care I've taken to try to get my issue publicized and fixed. Rather than a Fantasica hater as you try to simply paint me to be, I'm just an average player who is dissatisfied by their virtually nonexistant customer support. The main point is that, while this thread was a way for me to rant as stated in the thread title, it also has a deeper meaning behind it, as well as a specific part of the game that I found unsatisfactory. I don't believe that this theead was meant to be a hate thread on the Fantasica game itself, just a complaint regardin its abysmal customer service. And yes, I read that faq. But none of it pertains to the request I sent to Fantasica Support. If they had a dedicated support system, which I can now safely assume they do not- they would be able to update the database manually and remove a simple identification code from it. I findit quite impossible to elieve that they do not have the resources or the administrator access to do that.
I also hate it when Device Registration first came out. At first, they actually said only one account per device which means that if one device is registered, you cannot transfer the registration at all and if you need a new device, you need to create a new account. That was the old rules but they changed it.

It's very sad that you cannot transfer registration to your 1st device that has one account to another device which has another account registered on it. My FAQ only mentions on the case on having one device...

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT A MINUTE!!! Your account that needs the Facebook login to login to that particular account is not registered to any device concurrently according to the information stated in the rant! After all, you only have one device right? You are trying to transfer the registration on one device to another account right?

The only solution is to get a second device (If you have the means to!) and register the account that I mentioned earlier and you're good to go! But still, its a bit troublesome D:
(You can use Bluestacks, an Android emulator to register the old account though which is optional)

Last edited by KuroStar on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
TruthMaker
☆☆
TruthMaker

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:21 am

Yea I know. It's just maybe the phrasing of words as they did ask my sister more than once if she was sure she could not register at ALL.

Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

one good point that was brought up here was that truths sister contacted mobage over SS, remember that Mobage is the money handler in this relationship and can sometimes escalate a dispute for you... although i still thing that your answer will be no, and i personally hope they would still send a canned response to your issue as their time is much better spent handling other matters imo.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:34 am

There are some reasons that Fantasica refuses to help though.
over-reliance on the Mobage Support (this is quite hard to understand) and spoon-feeding and ofc the companies benefits... which is why i always say...

Mobage is greedy hands-down

*Edited my last post on page 1 O_O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?   Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasica Game Support... Yay... Time for a rant. Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1