Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Crazy event points

Go down 
+12
MadCocoa
gambolice
crunchy
NeonC
Cam
sycovenom
rustyoldnail
ZucchiniQueen
Abyssight
Ghost_Star
ggorrell77
McRities
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
McRities

McRities

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 pm

I just want to throw some very fuzzy math out there and get everyone's opinion.
I noticed very early into the event that the top ranked people had almost 9 million BT which seems darn near impossible.

I am currently sitting at 450k points with pretty constant grinding but only a 4* event lead.

Let's assume they have a 6* and are getting an extra 50% points, plus that they have grinded quests twice as often as I have (which should be reasonable since I've been going at least 12 hours a day.)

That should put them at 900k + an extra 50% for their unit bonus, or 1,350,000.

Now I've run about 450 quests to get that many points and each run takes about 2:30 of the 5 minute cooldown. Let's also assume that they have used TEs the entire time to present to double their quest rate.

With 900 TE that should put them around 2.7M BT.

So where is the extra 6.5M BT coming from?

If they run the 6 music score monsters that should net 45,000 points per run with the 6* bonus. That would require running it 144 times at a cost of 866 scores.

Now you can get 20 scores for $30 with the event unit boxes. So if you purchase the boxes 43 times at a cost of $1300 that should get you there (and that was with some pretty broad TE/constant grinding assumptions.)

Is this really what it takes to place at the top? Are the top players really paying $2k-$3k? Or do I really just need to l2p? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Yes, that is what is takes to be on top. The amount of money some people spend on this game is incredible. It is estimated that the top finishers spend as much as $2000-3000 in some events.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:51 pm

you should assume that they have an event 7* for 100% bonus points have have spent close to $1,000 then the math will work out
Back to top Go down
McRities

McRities

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Are there any estimates on what it takes to finish below 300 for the 6* reward?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:08 pm

the problem with ranking in panel events is there is a huge advantage weighted on spenders, and therefore a very attractive way for people with $ to rank. any estimate now would be not a good prediction. the thing to do would be to just farm away and on the last day of the event watch what r300 is at and estimate how much it would cost...

if you have an event 5* you will get i think 200k bt for every $30 you spend (thats 80kbt for the 10 note quest + 20k bonus for the event unit, times two as you get 20 notes from the series pack... i think you get more notes per $ from the step up packs if you buy a few at step 7 but i havent looked into that cause i aint got no money ^^) anyway from that you can tell pretty well how much money you will need to jump up into the top ranks. spending money now and not be willing to back it up on the last day would be a waste.

edit to say that is assuming you are talking about the final rank, not the mid event rank... the 80bt quest wont open until after the first part rank

Last edited by Ghost_Star on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:10 pm

McRities wrote:
Rank 300 is usually doable without any purchase. Most likely you need an event 5* and 15+ hours of grind a day.
Back to top Go down
ZucchiniQueen
☆☆
ZucchiniQueen

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Abyssight wrote:
McRities wrote:
Rank 300 is usually doable without any purchase. Most likely you need an event 5* and 15+ hours of grind a day.

Eh, you might have to drop around $30 or more. Seeing how other players see that rank 300 is doable w/o any purchase, they will have to buy a pack to get ahead of the other people grinding the same amount as them... or just have a 6* and 41-6 avaiable ~
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 pm

my advice if you are new or relatively new or even not new and still stressing out about this event: don't. don't worry about ranking if you aren't willing to spend money - potential an absurd amount of money. you'll probably be able to get most any of those reward cards you're interested in for cheaper later. just use the panel event to grind out some of the BT rewards as you see fit and save them to use toward ranking in events later on where spending alone doesn't have quite the impact on final rankings as it does during panel events. all in all, these rank rewards are rather lackluster for the amount of money/time they require to achieve them compared to a lot of other events as well in my opinion. bottom line, i don't think many people are fans of panel events and i for one hope they will go the way of the dodo soon with the introduction of all the new event types we are seeing introduced in japan lately bounce 
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:11 pm

also....panel event is boring as all hell. try not to go insane. i find it ironic that those of us of high enough level now find ourselves grinding 41-6, entitled "Lord of Insanity." i couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:14 pm

rustyoldnail wrote:
also....panel event is boring as all hell. try not to go insane. i find it ironic that those of us of high enough level now find ourselves grinding 41-6, entitled "Lord of Insanity." i couldn't agree more.

Funny thing I was just thinking this today while waiting for the timer to count down to 0:00 so I could starrt it again.
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Abyssight wrote:
McRities wrote:

This isn't even good enough for rank 600 atm. I've been grinding like crazy and have barely reached rank 450. I think the Head Start rewards and 7* are making this panel much harder than previous panels.
Back to top Go down
NeonC

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 pm

I just make mini goals and gauge how much I can complete. This quest I want to get the BT reward 5 star and I am almost half way so it should be easy Very Happy My ultimate goal is to get sub 1000k rank which with late grinding/notes I doubt I will get but am aiming for it. glhf!
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:28 pm

Cam wrote:
Abyssight wrote:
McRities wrote:

This isn't even good enough for rank 600 atm. I've been grinding like crazy and have barely reached rank 450. I think the Head Start rewards and 7* are making this panel much harder than previous panels.
Before or after using the free event items?
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 pm

NeonC wrote:
I just make mini goals and gauge how much I can complete. This quest I want to get the BT reward 5 star and I am almost half way so it should be easy Very Happy

That right there is my goal after I hit it I'm not bothering with the event as I highly doubt I will hit over 1k rank for the next thing I want.
Back to top Go down
crunchy

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:03 am

can anyone explain how much more BT does event 4 5 6 7* give per quest when deployed?
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 am

crunchy wrote:
can anyone explain how much more BT does event 4 5 6 7* give per quest when deployed?
I think it is 10/25/50/100%
Back to top Go down
crunchy

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 am

ok thanks, I hate this event, it kinds forces players to grind non stop to get rewards, very anti fun
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:03 am

Yeah grinding panel event is a terrible experience. I did it once for Ombre and would never do it again.

But it is good for certain types of players. Those with fat wallets can rank high easily. It is also good for players without good cards and strong, active allies. As long as you are willing to grind through it, you can get some decent rewards including a BT 6*. In the last couple events (training, colo, training tower), if you dont have strong units and allies, you can't get very far.
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 am

Does event rewards like Pendet and Viole give BT bonuses as well?
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:51 am

Abyssight wrote:
Cam wrote:
Abyssight wrote:
McRities wrote:

Before or after using the free event items?

I haven't used any Scores, but it doesn't change anything. I always hold off on using event items in panel and this panel event is harder compared to others.

Even during Sol-lune which is pretty popular due to VDiana I was able to rank around 200.
Back to top Go down
crunchy

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 pm

howd you guys make it to rank without spending scores? what event units did you use? I keep grinding 25-3 for like morethan 10-12hrs a day but kinda slow on pts
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm

I didnt use event units, i grind 25-3 pretty much 8 hours a day, cleared the 6score boss once (+50k BT) and i just hit 300k BT today. (and rushed from chapter 26 to 40 as distractions as i was falling asleep from the monotony)

I believe you are pretty much around the same or a tad higher if you have been following your routine.
Back to top Go down
MadCocoa

MadCocoa

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 pm

I also have been grinding the 25-3 quest but fought the 6 score boss twice and am currently 200k from the 5*.
Back to top Go down
crunchy

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 pm

I dont get how the above posters are able to get to rank 300 -500 without spending scores on the event

@ Abyssight

How did you get ombre without spending cash on tickets before?
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:14 am

Rank chillax~ 3041
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crazy event points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy event points   Crazy event points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy event points
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next