Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!

Go down 
+5
Timed
Ghost_Star
rotarywhiz
neilburg
Orthio
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Orthio

Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! Empty
PostSubject: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:26 pm

First time poster - Hey everyone!

I joined shortly before the doomsday tower event and I've been having a blast. I recently decided to purchase a few step up packs and much to my surprise - I pulled a 6 star succubus!

So my question is, what do I do now? I'm a newish player with a handful of 4 stars and this one 6 star monster.

Should I:

1. Try to save up and convert her? A bit of reading tells me that'll take a lot of soulstones and would be impossible during my first recruitment event. (I have an Amarelo I could try to convert instead, would that be worthwhile?)
  2. Trade her off during this recruitment event? How much should I be looking for in TE? Should I be looking for a couple 5 stars or a single decent 6 star?

Also, if anyone could give me other unit suggestions, my current lineup includes:

• Nadine
  • Fede
  • Gunnel
  • Scarlet

I know its not great - thats why i'm trying figure out a good direction to work towards. I'd really appreciate any input I could get from more experienced players!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
neilburg

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Well, it depends on how badly you want your first 6* IMO. I think there are better 6* units, but any 6* is better than... a not 6* (excluding mina).

Anyways, I know that levelling the monster makes it easier to recruit.

If I were you, I would recruit her since you can only obtain her through a recruiting event, and its like a novelty.

but, this is from one newb to another Smile
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm

The recruitment event is only going to last a couple of days so you won't be able to recruit her, you most likely won't be able to trade her for another 6* unit either. I would say try to trade her for multiple 5*s to help you in upcoming events that way you may be able to win more cards in the process. IMO its best to have a good team of 5*s first instead of having just one 6* especially a monster card, might have been different if it was a unit.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:05 am

well i bet you could trade that monster for a unit... i would also bet that you could put together enough add that would make your monster card plus add for the converted unit cheaper than getting enough sss/ssl together to recruit on your own.
In the next event or two there will a great value put on monsters/defense and that will add a bunch of value to your 9t.m, so i would just hang on to her. In the mean time advertise in the rcr, im sure someone would take her for a 6* unit.
If you get an offer post it here to see if its good or not, and take your time considering offers on your first 6*
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t6988-price-check-trade-advice-thread
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:56 pm

6 star succubus is probably the most valuable 6* pull-able monster due to near magic immunity.

it should be quite easy to trade her in 2 events time for a nice 6* unit like paris.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 pm

yeah, save her and you'll eventually get a good deal for a very nice six star.
Back to top Go down
Orthio

PostSubject: Thanks for the feedback!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Never been in an event that required monsters/defense, that's great to know! I'll open up a post on the trade section. I was afraid if I held onto the succubus for too long, she'd deflate in price before I got the chance to sell her - but knowing this, i'll def keep her.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Any other suggestions?  What 6 star(s) are the best to be looking for, and what units should I be looking at to fill my 5 star gap? I know arena is coming up as well - I hear certain 4 stars can still be powerful, is that so?

Love the community, thanks again for the input!
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, thats because we've never had an event thats really made your defense important.

As for 6*'s... the longer you can hold out the better, Mangus/Mortica/Pregare are all mages that were rewards so very cheap currently and solid units as well as LE so they will hold some value in the long long run. You will probably get better offers if you put her out in trade chat and see what comes in, and being it will be your first 6* unit('s), i wouldnt be too picky, just go to the trade forum and ask to see if its a good deal.... and like i said earlier, the next tower event will make her value increase, but not until then.

As far as 4/5*, as long as you put some time into the game you will get these free from events, the current colo gives out 2 decent 4*'s and a 5*... so just farm away and save.
Back to top Go down
Enzoyeh

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:54 pm

It's not hard to convert a monster. I collected ~140 lvl8 2* from all the stuff we got from training. I banked them in inbox until the enhancement boost. Once the boost came I maxed out my new Magnus to 120. You could do the same for Succubus for the next recruitment. Also, with the appearance of goddesses, it's much less of a pain to enhance a card past lvl100. You don't have to try too hard to get a 5* these days. The next big event should be neo doomsday tower and you can get some 4* and 5* as you grind your way through the tower. If I were to trade Succubus for some 5* I'd go for Werewolf (another monster convertible to unit), Bernhard (the lion), Lev, and Patrick (in that order).

You can also go to Leana's shop and try your luck at getting an Edwin. It's a rare drop but keep feeding it junk and you might get lucky. Feeding Mina to Leana would give you 3k points I think.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 am

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! DON'T LEANA A 6* SUCCUBUS!

AT LEAST TRADE THAT SUCCUBUS OR NINE TAILS OR FAFNIR TO ME FOR 4 5* MONSTERS!! WAY MORE LEANA POINTS THERE! ;A;

But if you're planning to trade that succubus for other unit cards instead, that's cool too.... >_>
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Enzoyeh

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Haha Memphiskite I only meant if Orthio needed a 5*, Leana is an option. Of course don't feed Succubus to Leana. I'm saying you can keep Succubus and successfully recruit her AND get 5* in various ways without trading her or spending.

On a separate note, the next Miss Fantasica is coming after the Neo Doomsday Tower and I heard lots of people pulled 5* and 6* from that maiden tickets last time.
Back to top Go down
blackwing
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Enzoyeh wrote:
Haha Memphiskite I only meant if Orthio needed a 5*, Leana is an option. Of course don't feed Succubus to Leana. I'm saying you can keep Succubus and successfully recruit her AND get 5* in various ways without trading her or spending.

On a separate note, the next Miss Fantasica is coming after the Neo Doomsday Tower and I heard lots of people pulled 5* and 6* from that maiden tickets last time.

Um no Miss Fantasica already passed. We got the events out of order in the international version since they wanted to introduce the 7* with the 1 year anniversary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!   Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucky new player with a quandary - give me your input!
Page 1 of 1