Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Multiple Mobage accounts

Go down 
+7
Blargod
kevorulez
PuYang
Ghost_Star
Kadaan
SamuraixAmateur
Kaimax
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaimax

Multiple Mobage accounts Empty
PostSubject: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

So, I'm currently hearing that people "CAN" make multiple mobage accounts for the new referral system. Isn't that exploitation of the game?
Back to top Go down
SamuraixAmateur

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Yes. You can get banned if caught.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 pm

SamuraixAmateur wrote:
Yes. You can get banned if caught.

Where in the ToS does it say that?

Here's the Mobage Terms of Service and the list of Bannable Offenses from Fantasica.

Let me know if you find anything, because I read it all and didn't see anything that even remotely sounded like they care if you make more than one account.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm

well:

• Use cheats, exploits, hacks, bots, mods or third party software designed to gain an advantage, perceived or actual, over other Members, or modify or interfere with the Service;
  • Abuse or exploit a bug, glitch or mechanism in the Service

it could be considered a cheat... also doing so gives you a 'perceived or actual' advantage over another member by getting the rewards before someone who actually did it legitimately
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
well:

• Use cheats, exploits, hacks, bots, mods or third party software designed to gain an advantage, perceived or actual, over other Members, or modify or interfere with the Service;

it could be considered a cheat... also doing so gives you a 'perceived or actual' advantage over another member by getting the rewards before someone who actually did it legitimately

Calling it a cheat is a huge stretch, and I've never heard of anyone being banned for it. In fact many people are very public about the fact that they play multiple accounts (myself, for example.)

How does having an alt account let you get rewards before someone else? It just means you play more to get more normal rewards (like I'm trying to beat Mina's Trials on all three accounts this time around.)
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 pm

If I recall, the older referral system stated something more specific towards it. (the current one does not).

I can't remember the exact phrasing, but it did mention something along the lines of "exploiting referral system would result in ban".

What is an exploit for it? they didn't mention. But I feel like making a bunch of accounts would qualify as an exploit.

The current referral system doesn't mention something like that, but I'm gonna assume the same rules apply.
Back to top Go down
kevorulez
☆☆
kevorulez

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:26 am

Creating multiple accounts on multiple devices - nothing wrong and can't really get caught since each device needs to be registers to get the referral reward (at least in the old system)

Creating multiple accounts on an emulator - this is actually exploiting the policy against 'device registration', as you are getting referral bonus without registering a physical device. You could be banned if Moba spends the effort of catching you. 

Remember, Moba has the final say, and any decisions made by Moba is final. (remember seeing this clause somewhere)
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:45 am

I remember way back when the referral system for Fiona was introduced during the Demon Tower event. It was exploited to the max so much so that they had to take it down for awhile.

They also warned players at that time that the exploitation of such mechanics was a bannable offense.
Back to top Go down
Kaimax

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:13 am

kevorulez wrote:
Creating multiple accounts on an emulator

From what I heard from my friend, he was told to make multiple mobage accounts and simply log in/log off from the mobage menu. I'm not actually sure how it works, but I don't want to try and have warned my friend not to even think about it again.

I assume it somehow bypasses the Device Registration, since it's done in the same device only with many accounts.
Back to top Go down
kevorulez
☆☆
kevorulez

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:32 am

Kaimax wrote:
kevorulez wrote:
Creating multiple accounts on an emulator

From what I heard from my friend, he was told to make multiple mobage accounts and simply log in/log off from the mobage menu. I'm not actually sure how it works, but I don't want to try and have warned my friend not to even think about it again.

I assume it somehow bypasses the Device Registration, since it's done in the same device only with many accounts.

Well, things could've changed since I'm last aware, so it's possible.

When I first started in April, I remember one needs to input a referral code and register the device to get the referral bonus. Then device registration was taken out for a while during May, where you can get the referral count simply completing tutoring and entering referral code.

I'm not sure how the system works now, and I can't try until I find someone who wants to join XD
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am

Kadaan wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
well:

Calling it a cheat is a huge stretch, and I've never heard of anyone being banned for it. In fact many people are very public about the fact that they play multiple accounts (myself, for example.)

How does having an alt account let you get rewards before someone else? It just means you play more to get more normal rewards (like I'm trying to beat Mina's Trials on all three accounts this time around.)

im not saying having multi accounts is bannable, what im saying is creating multi accounts for the sole purpose of abusing the referal program is cheating and exploiting the system. that is what the op is asking about, not using multi accounts to do mina's trials. creating say 10 alt accounts to get the hero points would be exploiting the game to get your hero rewards faster than people who do not abuse the system.
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:52 pm

To some degree, it could be considered cheating as gives players an opportunity to pool resources such as (such as Ice Waters) for events.  If a player has 5 accounts, then potentially they could trade all prize Ice Waters and training ice waters to a single account which then would increase their chance of ranking or obtaining BT rewards.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Shinrasoldier wrote:
To some degree, it could be considered cheating as gives players an opportunity to pool resources such as (such as Ice Waters) for events.  If a player has 5 accounts, then potentially they could trade all prize Ice Waters and training ice waters to a single account which then would increase their chance of ranking or obtaining BT rewards.
yes, but that person still has to put the time in to farm up those resources, its not like they are getting them for free.
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
Shinrasoldier wrote:

yes, but that person still has to put the time in to farm up those resources, its not like they are getting them for free.

True, however SS intends on each person only having a certain amount of "free" Large items and after that they need to pay for them via box sets.

A user can get around the purchasing of box sets for Large items by simply creating multiple accounts.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Shinrasoldier wrote:
A user can get around the purchasing of box sets for Large items by simply creating multiple accounts.

Or by trading, or by begging allies... if they didn't want people to get more event items without buying boxes they would make them untradable (like they do with most event items.)
Back to top Go down
bx65
☆☆☆☆☆☆
bx65

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Kadaan wrote:
Shinrasoldier wrote:

Or by trading, or by begging allies... if they didn't want people to get more event items without buying boxes they would make them untradable (like they do with most event items.)

all event items should NOT be tradable hurhur Smile
Back to top Go down
Agilahas

Agilahas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 am

I beg to differ. On my part as a new free player, having tradable event items gives me a chance to have better cards while providing useful items for the veterans. so there will be no need to cheat or exploit. lessening cheaters and multi accounts for sole purpose if getting items. a win win situation. and it is a social game after all Smile
Back to top Go down
Cha0s-IX

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm not trying to justify multiple accounts for "getting ahead," but in the example above where they are using another alt account to farm Ice Water L's (or similar) from event prizes would also mean that they have to have the alt account at level 30 or so, right?
They would have to really put a considerable amount of time into each alt account to be able to do trades.  I'm not saying it's overly difficult, but just not an easy "create fake account, spam item trades, prosper."
I can understand why people would want to do stuff like this, though.  I have played for months and I admit I have spent a considerable amount of money for mobacoins, and am on practically every waking moment, but have yet to pull a 6* card (with the exception of Ombre, but she was an event card and doesn't count).  That's for a 6* card; trying to get 5000 hero points through referals?  And only the first 10 actual sign ups with your referal code gives you more than 10 points?  That's crazy.  I can't justify tweeting every day for over 200 days straight just for a 5* card.

I'm just saying I sometimes wonder why I keep playing this game...Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Mobage accounts   Multiple Mobage accounts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multiple Mobage accounts
Page 1 of 1