Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Buying TE and Potions

Go down 
+14
sengakae
masta518
Esofonic
lmnseason
memphiskite
jrdmaan
bleachcosplay
Herault
GoldoaWillNotMove
Dudethunder2
Lornoth
themadmanazn
Stubub
myad
18 posters

Have you ever purchased TEs or Potions from the in-game shop?
Yes
Buying TE and Potions I_vote_lcap21%Buying TE and Potions I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 14 ]
No
Buying TE and Potions I_vote_lcap79%Buying TE and Potions I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

Buying TE and Potions Empty
PostSubject: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Currently the in-game shop is currently having the following 'sales':

* Buy a pack of 10 TE and get 1 free. A pack of 10 TE costs 1000 Mobacoins. Now, you get 11 TE.
* Buy a pack of 10 Potions and get 1 free. A pack of 10 TE costs 1000 Mobacoins. Now, you get 11 potions.
* Buy a pack of 12 Smoke Signals for only 1000 Mobacoins, (indiviually, 1 Smoke Signal costs 100 Mobacoins).

Just curious to know... Has anyone ever bought TE and potions from the in-game shop? How many?

The impression I get is that no one thinks its worth it this way... Anyway, that was back then. But with the economy going downwards, TE and potions might be the 'gold' and 'silver' in our real life economy.

Also, it'll be interesting to know...

If the TEs and Potions were at a 50% discount, meaning 10TE for 500 Mobacoins, would you be tempted to buy them instead of packs/ boxes? Or you'd end up buying both TE/ Potions and packs/ boxes?
Back to top Go down
Stubub
☆☆☆
Stubub

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

So I can get 33 TE from 3000 mobacoins, or one of the big boxes.

33 TE can buy a decent 5* maybe maxed, but people seem to say the average amount of 5*s you get from 1 big box is less than 1.0.

Surely then it's more worthwhile to buy the TE instead of opening boxes...?
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:17 pm

If TE were sold at 50 cent per TE, I would STRONGLY consider it. At roughly $1 each, heck no.
Back to top Go down
Lornoth
☆☆☆☆
Lornoth

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 pm

I haven't, but only because i try not to spend on this game. Hah

However, i do get the urge occasionally, and let me tell you if i do get the urge to spend on this game again, i WILL buy TE from the shop. No more packs for me. It's just way more worth it to know what you're getting. The temptation of a possible 6* is hard to resist but the odds are so low i'd say you're probably better off just buying TE a good 95% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Dudethunder2

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 pm

I did and I am currently feeling moderately cheated buy buying a Vlad. I know the price was reasonable when I did it, but man has the price ever crashed. Bah.

And it depends on what's available when I have the money:

If there's a Step Up pack that gives me enough event items to have a reasonable chance at getting event rewards I want I'll take that and the 21.5% chance for a 6* per Step 7.

If 120 TE (or 240 with the discount) is enough to let me buy a 6* I want, sure.

If neither, we'll have to see if I actually want what's available. Or if maybe I want to buy something else this paycheck.
Back to top Go down
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆
GoldoaWillNotMove

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Stubub wrote:

33 TE can buy a decent 5* maybe maxed, but people seem to say the average amount of 5*s you get from 1 big box is less than 1.0.

Well not really. I haven't bought a box so I wouldn't know but doesn't a 3000 moba coin box give you 12 cards? All of which are 4* or above? Even if you got unlucky and all of those cards were 4*s, you could level them to 40(Which would take more or less 24 hours of grinding) and sell them for 3 TE a pop for a total of 36 TE.
Not to mention the fact that however unlikely it may be, you could draw a 6* which you could sell anywhere from 5x - 10x the amount you'd get from buying TE directly.

Buying TE/Pots directly is pretty much only worth it if you are down to the last few hours of an event, out of pots/TE and don't have time to find a seller to buy a card you have if you even have a card to sell.
Back to top Go down
Dudethunder2

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:38 pm

GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:
All of which are 4* or above?

A 3000 Moba coin Megabox has 14 cards, and there are plenty of 3* cards it can give you. Even if you instead buy the 5000 coint Set Up Step 7 box you can still get the reprint 3* units.
Back to top Go down
Herault
☆☆
Herault

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm

GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:
Stubub wrote:

Well not really. I haven't bought a box so I wouldn't know but doesn't a 3000 moba coin box give you 12 cards? All of which are 4* or above? Even if you got unlucky and all of those cards were 4*s, you could level them to 40(Which would take more or less 24 hours of grinding) and sell them for 3 TE a pop for a total of 36 TE.
Not to mention the fact that however unlikely it may be, you could draw a 6* which you could sell anywhere from 5x - 10x the amount you'd get from buying TE directly.

Buying TE/Pots directly is pretty much only worth it if you are down to the last few hours of an event, out of pots/TE and don't have time to find a seller to buy a card you have if you even have a card to sell.

You are not guaranteed a 4* from a premium box. There is a high probability that you will draw 3* cards and lvl 40* are sold at 2 TE now, it will be impossible to sell them at 3. You also spend alot more time training those 4* in order to sell them. Boxes are only worth it if you are planning to rank using the event items or during step up packs. The market will reach a point where card prices are affordable that people buy TE from stores.
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 pm

I don't know if my vote counts, since I'm strictly a free player.
So I've never bought boxes either.
Back to top Go down
jrdmaan
☆☆
jrdmaan

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

I've purchased some TE when I was short when trading up to a 6*. I don't mind buying boxes/packs if it makes me enjoy the game more. Smile
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 pm

I've never bought any TE/Pots directly from the game itself but looking at the market crash, it's obvious what SS wants you to do now. It's also looking like buying TE itself is cheaper to do too... :/

Still, I like the prospect of gaining a new 6* from the boxes with such low odds stacked against me.

Gambling addiction at work once again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 am

I'll never spend a dime on a game that is heavily monopolized.

This game is too overpriced for it's real worth.

Every time I refuse to spend money on games or alcohol, the money is banked as if I bought something.

Buying TE and Potions 59758_157760284382978_1403746043_n
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 am

@lmn: acer and logitech.... not bad...

I never bought anything before and intended to keep it that way..

But with the way market now, I think it isn't a bad idea to buy TE/pot now..
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:52 pm

lmnseason wrote:

Every time I refuse to spend money on games or alcohol, the money is banked as if I bought something.

Spoiler:

I'm stealing your mouse, dude.... >:]
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:23 pm

memphiskite wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm stealing your mouse, dude.... >:]
That's fine. I got 2 of them. Razz
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Herault wrote:
GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:
Stubub wrote:

You are not guaranteed a 4* from a premium box. There is a high probability that you will draw 3* cards and lvl 40* are sold at 2 TE now, it will be impossible to sell them at 3. You also spend alot more time training those 4* in order to sell them. Boxes are only worth it if you are planning to rank using the event items or during step up packs. The market will reach a point where card prices are affordable that people buy TE from stores.

As someone who has bought plenty of boxes, you can even get 2*s in them... yep... 2*s... >.<
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Herault wrote:
GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:
Stubub wrote:

As someone who has bought plenty of boxes, you can even get 2*s in them... yep... 2*s... >.<

Can you imagine spending money on step-p up to get 2*s on an unfortunate luck up to step 7?
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 pm

themadmanazn wrote:

Laughing Sorry that's both funny and sad Laughing
Back to top Go down
sengakae
☆☆
sengakae

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 am

I was going to drop a good amount on this event, but stopped myself after one box when my brain woke up. I still regret that one box though. I don't see myself buying pure TE/pots, because I'm a gambler at heart. Wink
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:04 am

As of myself I will patiently wait till the market finds it's stable currency value. Smile

Probably wait till the TE value rises higher and 6* gonna drop even more in TE value.

Iam quite sure with the current amount of TE Mobage gives us in events the 6* (obviously the less rare ones) gonna drop even more in the near future.

Saw M Paris already for 140 TE as an example Wink
Back to top Go down
Herault
☆☆
Herault

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am

It will be good for people who had the foresight to store TE. Anyway I look at some events from Japanese fantasica wiki and their recent events are giving more tradable TEs that are obtainable. I am thinking in the future, TE and pots will not be the only currency people use to trade cards. Goddess fruits and goddess cards(these raise levels when fused) can also be used for card trades. Lets not forget that there will be 7* and these cards will further make 6* cards even cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

I bought all seven step up packs the most recent time and got all 3/4. Not a single 5, let alone a 6, in any of the seven packs Evil or Very Mad

I bought one set of TE very early on when I was a new player. I don't mind paying to support a game I play a lot, especially when I'm using their server resource and they give a lot of updates/events like Fantasica does. I remember at the time the 10 TE seemed like a LOT of TE to me and it seemed like a good deal. (Ya, I obviously hadn't done my homework yet) I think I had like one or two tradeable TE at that time lol It helped me get a cool rare 4 that I loved for a long time but I realized pretty quickly that it was too expensive and I shouldn't have done it.

Now the best cost-benefit to me seems to be buy a pack or two if -and only if - I want the extras for a particular event. (and I was much luckier this time - I bought one of the 1500 event packs and got a Canis!) But I'd love to see the TE market continue to burst a bit more in order to make buying TE a more sensible approach.
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah I am not remotely interested in supporting this game right now. I had 100 bucks and decided if I wanted to get a fancy jacket or pay 100 bucks for TE. I chose the jacket XD. I kind of miss having a high TE economy because then I had an excuse to buy packs. Buying TE just kind of makes things dull.
Back to top Go down
caos4u2
☆☆☆
caos4u2

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 am

I have buyers remorse everytime I buy the packs, and yet I still do it...lol
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 pm

lmnseason wrote:

Can you imagine spending money on step-p up to get 2*s on an unfortunate luck up to step 7?

I might be wrong, but I remember after a certain step you are guaranteed 4*s and better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying TE and Potions   Buying TE and Potions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying TE and Potions
Page 1 of 1