Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Arena Team Composition

Go down 
+6
Kadaan
RoyalGargoyle
Onisunit
myad
predator852
aubade888
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What Is Your Team Composed Of?
5* and 4*s
Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 32 ]
5* only
Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
6* and 5* and 4*
Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap32%Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 24 ]
6* and 5*
Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 18 ]
6* only
Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 75

AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Team Composition    Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
shinjichan wrote:
My set up will be:

Lucrezia MAX
Adolph MAX
Sleipnir Lvl 84
Cats MAX
Oneiro MAX / Xiahou Dun MAX

Not the greatest team, but that's the best combination I got Sad

I'd keep Xiahou Dun instead of Oneiro, and change Cats for Fawn.

But to keep to the topic, here is an interesting dilemma: Adolph is very slow, and I'd say that his stats do not justify his being chosen as a team member. I'd choose Fawn over him. BUT he is a 5*, and there is speculation going around that the more stared your team is, the higher your stamina, and thus the longer you'll last in a battle.

Those of you who have experimented with both pure and mixed teams (pure and mixed in terms of star tier), what are your observations concerning a possible correlation between star tier or team members and the player's total stamina?

You're right, but because this team will be (most likely) going up against other teams that will need more than 10-12 turns to decide a winner, I would even suggest (and it pains me to do so) Heidemarie.

Back on topic, I wont answer your question now, but because I don't plan on going for rank (although if it looks like I will do so, I will put fourth some effort) I will be spending most of my time watching my fights and finding out how stamina is calculated Smile I will update my findings in the arena guide periodically!

And I'm pretty sure I'm the one who started this rumor, so for now I'll tell you that through the course of the last three arenas, the trend has been: more stars=more hits taken...
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Arena Team Composition    Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

This is a silly question. Is there any inherent benefit to building a good defensive team during arena? Do you get any extra bt if someone attacks you and loses? I was really new last arena so I am learning lots of stuff XD.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Arena Team Composition    Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:03 pm

aubade888 wrote:
This is a silly question. Is there any inherent benefit to building a good defensive team during arena? Do you get any extra bt if someone attacks you and loses? I was really new last arena so I am learning lots of stuff XD.

I'm not an expert, but I'd say that it's beneficial if you care about rank. Having a good team is like having a wall into which other player may run. You basically defend your rank by preventing players with weaker teams to earn wins and thus climb in rank.

But reading what you said, another question formed in my mind: is there a difference in terms of build between a "defensive" team and an "offensive" team? Can you build a team specifically for winning against other players or effectively defending against other players? Or will a good team fill both roles equally?

I guess that the matter of the player's stamina is important here, and figuring out its mechanics will help (@ Predator: I'll share my findings too, I'm very curious about the subject so I'll try to run some tests).
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Arena Team Composition    Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

I'm not an expert, but I'd say that it's beneficial if you care about rank. Having a good team is like having a wall into which other player may run. You basically defend your rank by preventing players with weaker teams to earn wins and thus climb in rank.

But reading what you said, another question formed in my mind: is there a difference in terms of build between a "defensive" team and an "offensive" team? Can you build a team specifically for winning against other players or effectively defending against other players? Or will a good team fill both roles equally?

I guess that the matter of the player's stamina is important here, and figuring out its mechanics will help (@ Predator: I'll share my findings too, I'm very curious about the subject so I'll try to run some tests).

Yes! That's exactly what I meant! You just made it sound smarter and make sense!=3

I do find this concept to be very fascinating, since when I was new I didn't even think of this aspect before, haha. Hopefully I will be able to learn from you guys and find a way to synthesize the information into my guide for the more "mathematically challenged" people such as myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena Team Composition    Arena Team Composition  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena Team Composition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2