Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Enhancement Calculator and formulas!

Go down 
+39
Homest3ad
WildcatTM
SRMethos
Bahacow
Jubileus
chaosme
webcest
eklipsept
Asemco
greatsopp
Keleos89
Cavemaneca
SyltGer
UnstbleAce
meximan1390
SomelPT
Sabin76
steakjuice
Hidingfox222
Nazantia
Soggytoaster
Possibly
phobia429669
Dmhlucky
AlpineMirage
ladyaneara
Nick0902
SnowTempest
Isylia
BayushiKira
goldpeak1t
tinagy
Luzbel
Colaleon
walker8030
themadmanazn
hokage
kyaaya
luxionmk2
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

Enhancement Calculator and formulas! Empty
PostSubject: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:39 pm

===============
*UPDATE Jan 4, 2013*
Updated calculator google doc to be more accurate, using kyaaya's google doc and data. This is meant to be a simple gaming aid for players!

*UPDATE Feb 28, 2013*
I figured out how to protect cells from being changed by the users. Hopefully this fixes the problem of people unintentionally overwriting the formulas. The only negative is that the protected cells are "blocked out" by an ugly stripe that makes it harder to read, but I've enlarged and bolded the font to hopefully make it easier to read through the stripes. Enjoy!
===============

Link: Google Doc Fantasica XP Calculator

There's all sorts of discussion and theories and formulas posted all over the place, so I hope that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes creating a NEW thread, but I have been exhaustively collecting data, examining patterns and testing out my formulas, all the while slaving away at the various events and placing poorly albeit my attempts Sad

Anyways, I am 97.7% confident in my formulas, but feel free to dispute them Razz I have torched numerous cards testing this, so enjoy!

Card XP Values
* cards are worth base 150 XP. Each additional level adds 50 XP to its worth.
** cards are worth base 450 XP. Each additional level adds 150 XP to its worth.
*** cards are worth base 900 XP. Each additional level adds 300 XP to its worth.
**** cards are worth base 1350 XP. Each additional level adds 450 XP to its worth.

Examples:
Level 4 * is worth 300 XP.
Level 4 ** is worth 900 XP.
Level 4 *** is worth 1800 XP.
Level 2 **** is worth 1800 XP.

XP Requirements to Level
It's probably common knowledge by now, but the XP needed to the next level is "next level * 50XP". For example, 500 XP is needed to go from level 9 to 10.

Enhancement XP bonuses
Cards* used in enhancements that are of the same type (eg. Melee, Range, Magic, *Monster) provide an additional 5% bonus.

Using the exact same card will provide a 15% XP enhancement bonus.

Blessing of the Valkyrie will provide up to a 10% XP enhancement bonus.

These bonuses are multiplicative, not additive.

*Monster cards are tricky. Some monsters benefit from melee cards, but not always. I theorized range or magic will give a boost to sea or air units, but that's not the case.

Google Doc Calculator
I have provided a Google doc that will hopefully aid players: Fantasica Calculator
* please excuse edit permissions... I'm trying to protect the page so that users can still input data, but not wipe out the formulas...

Hope that helps!

Last edited by luxionmk2 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Making *, ** and *** Feeders?

I find that using multiple low level feeders is a more efficient use of cards, assuming card space and Luna are not concerns.

3 Level 1 * is worth 450 XP. That will bump any card to level 4.

Lvl 4 * = 300 XP. 150 XP lost in the enhancement.
Lvl 4 ** = 900 XP. XP doubled!
Lvl 4 *** = 1800 XP. XP quadrupled!!

But that's not the way to think. If the idea is to use the above examples as feeders, you must take into account the original cards used to enhance the feeders.

So using the earlier examples, a Lvl 4 ** card is worth 900 XP, but actually costs 900 XP to make: 3x 150 XP * cards and 1x 450 XP ** card. The reason to feed * cards into a ** is to cut down on space, and later, feed higher level cards - it's cheaper to feed a high level card a single Lvl 4 ** than it is to feed that high level card 4 Lvl 1 cards (3 * and 1 **).

Feeding any more * into ** to go higher than Lvl 4 is detrimental in terms of XP-efficiency.

In the case of the *** card, you are paying 1350 XP to get another 450 XP. It'll take another 300 XP worth of * cards to get another 300 XP from the *** = not worth it.

Last edited by luxionmk2 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Where to train and get feeder cards?
Also, in my opinion, the best place to "Train" to look for cards is 26-5 "Evening Twilight". Though it costs 28 TP per trip, the ** Yakov reward is exceptionally high, AND there's a chance to score the *** Catobeplas, so high that I have to run to 1-5 to get feeders before I run out of space.

The two * cards, Jonathan and Dennis, are both melee and thus will feed Yakov and Catobeplas with bonuses. The 5% only matters during "Enhance Rate Boosts", along with a MAXed Blessing of the Valkyrie, 4 * cards will raise the other two cards to Level 6.

Players will obviously need strong allies and cards to beat the bosses to get to 26-5, so 10-4 "A Battle of Attrition" is still a good alternative.
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Nice that someone finally made an encyclopaedia thread =P

luxionmk2 wrote:
There's all sorts of discussion and theories and formulas posted all over the place, so I hope that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes creating a NEW thread, but I have been exhaustively collecting data, examining patterns and testing out my formulas, all the while slaving away at the various events and placing poorly albeit my attempts Sad

This is the main error in this post. the "to next level" XP needed does jump at various levels as previously discussed in Danupa's Thread, or just look at the "XP table sheet" from my calculator in the other thread

luxionmk2 wrote:

XP Requirements to Level
It's probably common knowledge by now, but the XP needed to the next level is "next level * 50XP". For example, 500 XP is needed to go from level 9 to 10.

My thoughts is that most monsters are melee, with the main exception that recruitable monsters follow that of the recruited monster (e.g. Antiope & Melanippe monsters are magic type). Yet to find an exception to this rule.

luxionmk2 wrote:

*Monster cards are tricky. Some monsters benefit from melee cards, but not always. I theorized range or magic will give a boost to sea or air units, but that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 am

Firstly I will like to say good work on consolidating most of the facts into the post. While I am mainly correcting some errors there is alot of good information here.

Now onto more corrections... ^^;

luxionmk2 wrote:
In the case of the *** card, you are paying 1350 XP to get another 450 XP. It'll take another 300 XP worth of * cards to get another 300 XP from the *** = not worth it.

Not entirely true.

3*L1 + 3x 1*L1 (1350 xp worth) = 3*L4 (1800 xp worth) for 450 xp gain (before xp bonus from skill, event, card type etc) is correct

3*L1 + 5x 1*L1 (1800 xp worth) = 3*L5 (2100 xp worth) for 0 xp gain (before bonus) also true (but you waste some xp since you're past halfway to level 6)

Note that if you add 1 more 1*, use all card of same type for 5% bonus, and have at least level 6 enhance boost skill:

3*L1 + 6x 1*L1 (2931 xp worth with bonus) = 3*L6 (4293 xp worth) for 1352 xp gain

Actually with level 10 Blessing of the Valkyries, even a 3*L11 is profitable :
3*L1 + 3x 2*L6 + 1x 1*L1 (4275 xp worth) = 3*L11 (4290 xp worth), 15 xp gain (231 xp gain if target card is of same type for type bonus)

Added a recipe finder to the calculator. Also lists some recipes I think are useful.

Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 am

I use 26-5 myself. Also while Yakov and bear are both **, enhance costs do vary by card and Yakov is one of the cheaper ** while bear is in the higher range.

The ~5% type bonus is quite significant actually (max skill is 10% bonus), and matching types is not hard. You can save 5% of your feeders to max a card. Also Higher Blessing of the Valkyrie skill level recipes can still be used with no additional cards by switching to feeders of the same type. (see above post for a higher skill level recipe example)

luxionmk2 wrote:
Where to train and get feeder cards?
Also, in my opinion, the best place to "Train" to look for cards is 26-5 "Evening Twilight".
The 5% only matters during "Enhance Rate Boosts", along with a MAXed Blessing of the Valkyrie, 4 * cards will raise the other two cards to Level 6.
Back to top Go down
hokage

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 9:34 pm

luxionmk2 wrote:

3 Level 1 * is worth 450 XP. That will bump any card to level 4.

Lvl 4 * = 300 XP. 150 XP lost in the enhancement.
Lvl 4 ** = 900 XP. XP doubled!
Lvl 4 *** = 1800 XP. XP quadrupled!!

You forget the base exp of the base card. According to your formula:

Lvl 4 * - Lvl 1 * = 150 XP. 300 XP lost in the enhancement.
Lvl 4 ** - Lvl 1 ** = 450 XP. 0 XP gain
Lvl 4 *** - Lvl 1 *** = 900 XP. XP doubled
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Just tested that vampire 5* is missile type.

kyaaya wrote:

My thoughts is that most monsters are melee, with the main exception that recruitable monsters follow that of the recruited monster (e.g. Antiope & Melanippe monsters are magic type). Yet to find an exception to this rule.
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey kyaaya, I can't find your calculator (or this other thread you speak of). I found Danupa's Fiona sampling, and have included those in my notes. I'm also exhaustively collecting data for higher levels, but this new Vahalla event has pulled me away from my "research" Smile

Anyways, I found that after Level 20, there's an ever so slight increase to "XP to next level". I'm going to need to raise another card from 1 to 20 to prove my theory, but I think it's a 5 or 10% increase per every 10 levels after 20. At the moment, I'm just throwing out:

(1+(Next Level / 200)) * (Next Level * 50)

So far, that is giving me close, but not exact, matches to my data.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 pm

luxionmk2 wrote:
Hey kyaaya, I can't find your calculator (or this other thread you speak of). I found Danupa's Fiona sampling, and have included those in my notes. I'm also exhaustively collecting data for higher levels, but this new Vahalla event has pulled me away from my "research" Smile

Anyways, I found that after Level 20, there's an ever so slight increase to "XP to next level". I'm going to need to raise another card from 1 to 20 to prove my theory, but I think it's a 5 or 10% increase per every 10 levels after 20. At the moment, I'm just throwing out:

(1+(Next Level / 200)) * (Next Level * 50)

So far, that is giving me close, but not exact, matches to my data.

Here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t2710-card-enhance-calculator
Back to top Go down
walker8030

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 am

i am so confused!! please can anyone provide me a simple formula?
let's say i want to lvl my 4* from lvl 1-80 straight..
how many 2* and 3* i would need, and what lvl they will need to be?

i dont understand the spreadsheet as well, does it say that i only require 12 lvl 4 2* to max a 4* unit in 1 go??

one of my ally said that i need to lvl my 2* and 3* to lvl 20 first before enhancing them?

so how? please help >__<
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 am

Copy paste from other thread:

Quote :
Basic recipes (i.e. no Blessing of the Valkyrie skill required)

Feed 3 1* fresh (level one) (1*L1) cards to a fresh 2* to make a
-> 2* level four (2*L4)

Feed 3 2*L4 from above to a fresh 3* to make a
-> 3* level ten (3*L10)

---

Maxing cards using above feeders:
3* - Use (28) 3*L10 will level fresh 3* from 1 to 60
4* - Use (53) 3*L10 and (1) 2*L4 will level fresh 4* from 1 to 80
5* - Use (92) 3*L10 will level fresh 5* from 1 to 100

Note: Can replace 3*L10 with (4) 2*L4

Not the most efficient way but it gets the job done. Use any feeders of higher level will result in more 1*/2*/3* feeders being used, but depending on your BotV skill level there are more efficient ways.

Try to wait for panel event xp bonus (50%!) if you can.

Will work out one for skill 10 sometime between the tower floors...
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Oh wow, I wish I found that earlier. There's way more data collected, and there doesn't seem to be any formula to find *when* the pattern for XP per level increases, nor by how much.

I've been painstakingly leveling Da Qiao for no reason Razz

Sometimes the math and breaking down the game mechanics can be fun, but this has turned into such a chore! Time to play-play!
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 pm

luxionmk2 wrote:
There's way more data collected, and there doesn't seem to be any formula to find *when* the pattern for XP per level increases, nor by how much.

Actually there is some pattern to the increase in to-next-level xp needed (TNL). (added column E to XP table sheet in the googledoc calculator to highlight this)

First value is 50 at level 2 (100 xp for level 2 and 150 xp for level 3), and it remains constant for the next 20 levels till the next jump,
60 at level 22, then constant for another 20 levels and jumps again,
70 at level 42, then constant for another 20 levels and jumps again,
100 at level 62, then constant for another 20 levels and jumps again,
150 at level 82, , then constant for another 19 levels and jumps again,
325 at level 101, and remains constant till 120.

The last jump at 101 breaks the pattern slightly and might be wrong. Good to collect some data points on that but I doubt I will get a 6* for a long time to come.
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey kyaaya.

Thanks for the link and data! It was extremely helpful and informative. That increment change at 101 really caused some headaches Razz

I updated my calculator with new formulas, using your data. I also added your name to the credits at the top Smile Let me know if there are problems with that.

My calculator is meant to be for "quick" calculations.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:35 am

I'm confused. If I enhance my lvl1 2* unit with 3 lvl1 1* units (without 'same type' or 'Blessing of the Valkyrie' bonus), the game states that my 2* unit gained 300 XP - not 450 XP like your calculations suggest! Can you explain to me how you figure that a lvl1 1* unit is worth 150 XP instead of the 100 XP that I make it out to be?

EDIT: never mind! The number it gives is not actual XP; it's scaled to fit 100 XP in one level. Thus, when it states your character gained 300 XP, it actually means he gained 3 levels. They could not possibly have made that message any more confusing. :S
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:49 pm

The game is reporting % change (rounded down), or in your case, 300%, or 3 levels.

Best test is to win Quest 1-1 (no allies), which rewards 100 XP. That is exactly one level, and you will see your unit at Level 2 with "0 XP", or 0% towards level 3.

Next try enhancing a Level 1 unit with a L1 * feeder. The game will display "gained 133 XP!". When you look at your unit profile, you'll see the unit is Level 2 with "33 XP". "33 XP" is actually "33% towards Level 3". Play 1-1 again to get the last 100 and you'll be at Level 3 with "0 XP".

With a new Level 1 unit, play 1-1 twice in a row (again, do not call allies). That'll be 200 XP gained. 100 to get to Level 2, and 100 of 150 towards level 3, or "66.666%". The game will display "67" at this point, or 66, I can't remember if they round down or round off in the unit profile...

Hope those examples made sense!

I believe the only time you will see ACTUAL XP-gained is after a battle. Outside of that, the game displays percentages. When you view a unit profile, you will see a number between 0-99, which is the percentage the XP bar is filled.
Back to top Go down
Luzbel

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 am

hey, i made some changes so that all the editable cells stay on top and so that u can see the # of cards you need based on the lvl you write in the red cells, i used another document, idk if that will be usefull or not...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkWSNb0E9Q6wdHpya2tpUGg5Tm94UXlOWk9LTG91aFE&usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
tinagy

tinagy

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:43 pm

didn't get it. I can't understand what you mean by that.

Lvl 4 * - Lvl 1 * = 150 XP. 300 XP lost in the enhancement.
Lvl 4 ** - Lvl 1 ** = 450 XP. 0 XP gain
Lvl 4 *** - Lvl 1 *** = 900 XP. XP doubled

is it lvl 4 (1 star) - lvl 1 (1 star) = 150XP . 300XP lost in enhancement? why? can you explain briefly on how to enhance properly which saves all and gives better EXP?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/caesarianbaby?ref=tn_tnmn
goldpeak1t
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 pm

sorry the calculator is messed up
it wouldnt let me change the red ones
ive used before
i clicked red but only the other ones would edit
y?!?!
Back to top Go down
BayushiKira
☆☆☆☆☆☆
BayushiKira

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Someone messed up the calculator and changed the forumula... Could there be a spreadsheet where we can download?
Back to top Go down
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:58 pm

hmmm calculator broke?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Should be fixed now :3
Back to top Go down
Nick0902

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 am

Hey 1st of all, thanks alot for this great spreadsheet.

But just now when i'm using it i accidently changed the xp needed slot with a by mistake,
I'm really sorry, but i saw there's locked backup tab at the bottom, i went there copied the fomula and paste it at the xp needed functions.

Hopefully it's ok, if you can check it. And again im really sorry about the mistake.
Back to top Go down
luxionmk2

luxionmk2

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 am

I haven't been keeping tabs on the "public" portion of the spreadsheet, using my own "locked" pages Razz Regardless, I went ahead and replaced all edits with mine, so hopefully that fixes it.

*Reminder* You can "copy" the spreadsheet to your own Google Drive and do whatever you want with it!

*UPDATE* I figured out how to protect cells from being updated. Hopefully this fixes the problem of people screwing up the formulas (unintentionally I presume!). The only negative is that the protected cells are "blocked out" by an ugly stripe that makes it harder to read, but I've enlarged and bolded the font. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages in my opinion. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enhancement Calculator and formulas!   Enhancement Calculator and formulas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enhancement Calculator and formulas!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next