Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Cost performance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 pm

In the JP wiki, there is an additional detail called Cost Performance which I think is quite interesting (but could also be kinda useless).

But it does make us look at the units in another way.

Cost Performance basically means how much damage the unit can make per point of casting cost.

Using some examples:
Cost performance of Bernhard @ L1 = 272
Cost performance of Sonia @ L1 = 240
Cost performance of Hildegard @ L1 = 204
Cost performance of Marguerite @ L1 = 207
Cost performance of Adolf @ L1 = 635
Cost performance of Fiona @ L1 = 420
Cost performance of Rose @ L1 = 505

Useful? Not useful?
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Useless.

It doesn't take into consideration attack speed. Which is critical for DPS.

Total stats are not a good indication of the performance of a unit.

The formula would have to be the following :

( Total Stats / CP ) / Attack speed = n

For it to be useful.

That or just take my tables and separate them into 10/15/20/25/30 CP categories and work it from there...
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 pm

The only time that cost performance info would be useful is during Arena events so DPS isn't necessary. You would judge a unit by their speed rating, their damage per deploy point and their skill. Unfortunatelly, the damage formula is not really known at the moment and seems to change for each event so figuring out how a unit compares to another isn't very precise.

You'd think that with the amount of time the Japanese had with the game, they would have figured out each and every unit's DPS. I just think that since they take their gaming so seriously, they wouldn't omitting something as crucial as DPS. Though I could be wrong and we haven't found where they kept that info yet.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Despoted wrote:
The only time that cost performance info would be useful is during Arena events so DPS isn't necessary. You would judge a unit by their speed rating, their damage per deploy point and their skill. Unfortunatelly, the damage formula is not really known at the moment and seems to change for each event so figuring out how a unit compares to another isn't very precise.

You'd think that with the amount of time the Japanese had with the game, they would have figured out each and every unit's DPS. I just think that since they take their gaming so seriously, they wouldn't omitting something as crucial as DPS. Though I could be wrong and we haven't found where they kept that info yet.

They have it somewhere I am sure. But chances are they kept it secret for good reason. :p
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 am

I was thinking cost performance would be useful, but then I realized that if unit A is giving more bang for her 15DC than unit B was giving me for her 30DC, but unit B was overall better...I'd still be using unit B!
Back to top Go down
☆☆

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

Quote :
They have it somewhere I am sure. But chances are they kept it secret for good reason. :p

It might be that said formula is not set in stone, so that they tweak it every once in a while...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cost performance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost performance   Cost performance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cost performance
Page 1 of 1