Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How much will the 7* card cost?

Go down 
+10
Zaelar
ChibiLeen
mythic99
TypeAlpha
Le0de
RisingAboveThis
lmnseason
Admin
wildfire116
jheun
14 posters
AuthorMessage
jheun
☆☆☆
jheun

How much will the 7* card cost? Empty
PostSubject: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 am

Who thinks it will cost over 1 mil TE to snag it from someone?

I saw Captain Alias and it was good.

Captain Alias
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3127-fantasi-mart-your-one-s
wildfire116
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Its an event card lols sooo expect to pay real money for it prob 2k+ and im sure no ones gonna trade a 7*
Back to top Go down
jheun
☆☆☆
jheun

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Yeah. I know I would hold on to that card. Quite the card from what i saw. Plus the only of it's kind and probably gonna be like 10 in the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3127-fantasi-mart-your-one-s
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm *assuming* that there will be more, just that maybe we'll have some real cards that aren't "Pseudo LE" and will never be available again.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:53 pm

If I have a 7* card, I'll be like, "I'll never let anyone have one like this even if I got 5 of them."
Back to top Go down
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
RisingAboveThis

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 am

It's gonna be worth about 40k TE in trade value probably.

"I'll only sell this card for 5 Maxed Phantom Greys" <---I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Le0de
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Le0de

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:29 am

But maybe you'll trade 3 of these 7* cards AND an 8* for some other valuable event 8*?
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 7:25 am

In all honestly, it's much too rare to have a price tag on it. Right now, some 6* are still going for 2k+, and they're event ones too.

Considering that the current 7* in japan was an event prize, it's safe to say it's invaluable. I mean, who would want to trade away a 7*? It's the best card in the collection (as of yet). But if you're absolutely demanding a figure on it, I will estimate about 25k-37k TE (depending on the seller). It definitely won't be 1mil TE, because i doubt ANYONE on this game has even got 100k TE. Other than that, whoever is willing to buy that 7* card is likely to use their life savings.. on a game. Edit: on a bunch of pixels.
Back to top Go down
mythic99
☆☆
mythic99

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:06 am

TypeAlpha wrote:
In all honestly, it's much too rare to have a price tag on it. Right now, some 6* are still going for 2k+, and they're event ones too.

Considering that the current 7* in japan was an event prize, it's safe to say it's invaluable. I mean, who would want to trade away a 7*? It's the best card in the collection (as of yet). But if you're absolutely demanding a figure on it, I will estimate about 25k-37k TE (depending on the seller). It definitely won't be 1mil TE, because i doubt ANYONE on this game has even got 100k TE. Other than that, whoever is willing to buy that 7* card is likely to use their life savings.. on a game. Edit: on a bunch of pixels.

We can speculate.

It's a prize for rank 1-10.

For anyone that use $$ to get to rank 1-10, it's may be around 4-5k(?) just an assumption. Feel free to disagree with that.

And the base card's worth would be 4-5k (since 30TE cost around $30, so roughly same in $$ and TE value?).

The value goes up to 2-3x (at least) if no other 7* is announced in a while.
Taken into account, people that spent 3-5k probably get a few 6* in return, based on 0.5% of getting a 6*.
5k is around 166 packs, around 2334 cards pulled averaged around 11~12 6*. Each 6* should be around 500-1k TE. That's 3000-6k TE ~3k-6k in value.

If there's a way to convert TE to $$, which I am sure somewhere can in the net. The top players probably ended up earning $$ for their investment. (not even including 5* and the BT points award)

The 7* will net them another 10k? (say 2k for a top 6* and around 5 of them for the 7*).

Think I derailed myself, but in terms of logical $ spent and payment for the 7*, it's silly for anyone to pay over 10k TE? for the 7*.

No wonder those top players can spend event after event, they actually would be making $$ when they get to the top and with some luck of draws.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:37 am

mythic99 wrote:

If there's a way to convert TE to $$, which I am sure somewhere can in the net. The top players probably ended up earning $$ for their investment. (not even including 5* and the BT points award)

[...]

No wonder those top players can spend event after event, they actually would be making $$ when they get to the top and with some luck of draws.

Selling TE/rare cards for real money would be in-game suicidal for a top player. Selling game items for real currency is strictly against the rules set by Mobage/SS, and if you get caught, you will be banned. End of story. If you invest a lot of time and money into this game, why take the risk of losing everything you worked for?

I guess it would not matter for hackers, since they don't play by the rules anyway, and the loss would not matter to them that much. But in any case, selling game items for money is a bannable offense.

Furthermore, I suggest that we do not discuss that particular aspect any further. The mods would be in their right to lock the topic, and it would be a shame to lose an interesting thread.
Back to top Go down
mythic99
☆☆
mythic99

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:59 am

ChibiLeen wrote:

Selling TE/rare cards for real money would be in-game suicidal for a top player. Selling game items for real currency is strictly against the rules set by Mobage/SS, and if you get caught, you will be banned. End of story. If you invest a lot of time and money into this game, why take the risk of losing everything you worked for?

I guess it would not matter for hackers, since they don't play by the rules anyway, and the loss would not matter to them that much. But in any case, selling game items for money is a bannable offense.

Furthermore, I suggest that we do not discuss that particular aspect any further. The mods would be in their right to lock the topic, and it would be a shame to lose an interesting thread.

I am sure there are ways around it, say trade it with a new account and sell it via that account.

As for incentives for top player, they can sustain their payment with last events cards, which they have albumed already and from all the $$ paid in packs they can use the $$ earned to get ahead at current event. Not saying they are or they are not doing it already, I have no idea on that.

(This affects all online games with reasonable popularity, games like even starcraft1, there are people selling their bnet log in, Everquest, UO, WoW....etc. all has that problem)

I am really not particularly interested in discussing the methodology nor the possibility in fantsica, but it's a possibility since diablo2 (and a lot of online game that follows). It's natural to assume all games after it with enough popularity has a bunch of people that willing to violate the rules.

I played Diablo3 and they make it a feature in game to trade it via real money; and most if not all players flocked to it.

To emphasize again, I am NOT telling nor advertising anyone to do that; just was doing some Math and it worked out to supporting the model I theorized.

Back to top Go down
Zaelar

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:07 am

If you're going to discuss the real money black market value of it, you need to consider the real money black market value of te, not the moba store selling price.

Diablo 2 isn't the first game to have people selling in game stuff, and not even close to everyone uses real money in Diablo 3. I know you didn't say it, but Diablo 3 is not the first game to officially allow real money trading.

Mods wouldn't be in the right to lock a thread because a few people starting talking about something that isn't allowed. If they think they are, I know an easy way to get any thread I want locked. Aside from that, talking about real money trading isn't against the rules, only participating is, which is how it should be. The only questionable ground would be if discussing methods of not getting caught is allowed, which by the current rule it is, but I'm guessing that'll be changed soon.

Lastly, don't assume that just because something is against the rules it means it is easily enforced, or even enforced at all. I have no idea how it is enforced or how to get around it, but the fact that a real money market exists means it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:42 am

It would also depend on what lengths they would go to enforce it if they choose to.

Take into account the suspicion that some top tier players sell their awards for real money to buy boxes in order to take top tier in the next event. Why would SS really want to put that down? They are still making a ton of money off people who buy boxes, it's just the money is coming from a different source. The warnings are often little more a stop gap in case it turns out to be not in their favor.

Now hacking itself is a different matter. These players are actively taking from SS's earnings. Now they can also drive others to spend more, resulting in more money as well. But when it becomes rampant, they lose out.

It's all a balancing game. How much hacking and how much real money trade do you allow before you put your foot down?

FYI this isn't condoning real money trade or hacking. Both should be dealt away with in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Zaelar

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:01 pm

That's all assuming they only deal with cheaters when it's beneficial to them without any evidence, which is what nutjob conspiracy theorists do. There's also the fact that they're lowering the value of the game when they allow this to happen, which can directly reduce future sales, which is why this practice rarely happens. The closest you'll find to this is companies that say real money trading (or anything else) is against the rules, but they won't enforce it if you're discreet about it, as in not blabbing all over in game chat or official forums it's what you do.
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 am

mythic99 wrote:
TypeAlpha wrote:

We can speculate.

It's a prize for rank 1-10.

For anyone that use $$ to get to rank 1-10, it's may be around 4-5k(?) just an assumption. Feel free to disagree with that.

And the base card's worth would be 4-5k (since 30TE cost around $30, so roughly same in $$ and TE value?).

The value goes up to 2-3x (at least) if no other 7* is announced in a while.
Taken into account, people that spent 3-5k probably get a few 6* in return, based on 0.5% of getting a 6*.
5k is around 166 packs, around 2334 cards pulled averaged around 11~12 6*. Each 6* should be around 500-1k TE. That's 3000-6k TE ~3k-6k in value.

The 7* will net them another 10k? (say 2k for a top 6* and around 5 of them for the 7*).

I forgot to mention about the Rank1-10 Prize 6*'s. Some are worth pretty ridiculous, up to 10k TE i believe? Ellen is 10k, to be exact.

Currently, Japan only has roughly 10 7* RANK PRIZE cards, and you're saying it's ridiculous to pay over 10kte for a 7*? I'm stating prices which reflect our current economy and on it's rarity. Statistics (IMO) don't really have a big impact on how much a card costs (how many cards are pulled etc). Generally, if a 6* card is pulled from an event series, it'll be worth no more then 2k TE.

My argument is that you forgot to take into account a cards rarity, besides the shiny 6 or 7 stars at the bottom of the illustration. There are a lot of factors which affect a cards price tag. Please try to remember that in the future.

Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 am

IMHO, if the 7* is a rank prize for top (1-10), it should cost exactly as much as current rank prize for the appropriate place, adjusted for player inflation/deflation, although competition for "the first" one might bring it up...
If it is a more rare version of a card found in a pack, it can be much more expensive than the "common" 6*.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm

I'd estimate the 7* to go around 10-15k TE.
Back to top Go down
Fanta_Lover
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Id say 30/50k in te i mean really yall ITS A 7*!!! I highly dougt there will EVER be a 8*. If they was then now they just being plain crazy. -.- So also agreeing with other ppl saying there will or might be ONLY TEN of the 7* (well dang maybe 5 of them for that mayter) then of course the price is gonna sky ricket, being the MOST exspinsive card ever on fanta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much will the 7* card cost?   How much will the 7* card cost? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much will the 7* card cost?
Page 1 of 1