Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

New 7* Unit in Japan!

Go down 
+57
broom
bx65
Tashego
vul
M60A1
Sabin76
skrfirefly
TypeAlpha
alexlou1222
Schdawn
pknott
GoldoaWillNotMove
NotAPieceOfPie
metadune
Aniwo
DivideByZero
deedlit228
JY4answer
mistive
gaillardia
ThePaleRabbit
Trayanee
arielvin
mythic99
po1102
Danaerys83
bleachcosplay
lmnseason
Tshwanichick
Onisunit
sagemacleod
FinalWarri0r
dnonamus
KuroStar
orionknight
Thalasar
Cadencymark
zachay2000
BkWiz
Evageek
rourou1423
memphiskite
myad
duhmichael17
Despoted
aszutai
sharpyzu
Wheatmidge
predator852
wildfire116
cmud2007
Whenesday
Blargod
RoyalGargoyle
ChibiLeen
Tier Harribel
rlh
61 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rlh

rlh

New 7* Unit in Japan! Empty
PostSubject: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:38 am

Does anyone have any information regarding this new unit o_O.

I had an ally send a message to everyone that there was a new 7* that just came out. I'm trying to find info about it, but since I don't know Japanese, the best I could find was a reference to it on the Japanese forum/wiki.

Unfortunately, there is no picture or mention of stats (yet!)

Does anyone know Japanese, and follow the developer notes that could possibly shed more light on this card? I assume it's only a matter of time before we second-class fantasica players get our own... hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Tier Harribel

Tier Harribel

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 am

I saw that, it seems to just be a monster. No idea when it's coming out
Back to top Go down
rlh

rlh

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 am

Ah, it looked like a unit on the wiki. Sad Sad

But hopefully it will be recruitable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 am

Tier Harribel wrote:
I saw that, it seems to just be a monster.

Really? It's in the Unit section in the Japanese wiki, though. Weird. :/

I wonder why it's just one card, though? If they're bringing out a new star level, why not launch several cards? Not many, obviously, but at least three or four?
Back to top Go down
rlh

rlh

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:56 am

This is probably just whetting their appetites. I'm positive more would follow.
Back to top Go down
Tier Harribel

Tier Harribel

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 am

rlh wrote:
Ah, it looked like a unit on the wiki. Sad Sad

But hopefully it will be recruitable. Very Happy

you're right, don't know how i messed that one up!
anyway, it wouldn't make sense to suddenly introduce a slew of 7* all at once.
One at a time makes sense to me. Whoever gets it will get to feel like royalty for a while bounce
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 am

Woah I said it to someone on the chatbox that I thought that I thought there might start with 7* cards soon, two days ago or so. You can guess how I feel now. PSYCHIC Very Happy

Tier Harribel true probably 1 at a time. The person who will get that card probably is a royalty. Who else can afford it?
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 am

...I think I feel like I've lost all faith in this game. Hopefully, it's not as bad as I think it is...
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:43 am

Blargod wrote:
...I think I feel like I've lost all faith in this game. Hopefully, it's not as bad as I think it is...

What faith is there to be had in a freemium game? Even the gaming industry in general has become, well, an industry. It's all about making money, and less and less about making players happy (if at all).
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
Blargod wrote:

What faith is there to be had in a freemium game? Even the gaming industry in general has become, well, an industry. It's all about making money, and less and less about making players happy (if at all).

If they really plan on putting another tier, I can easily say now this is by far the greediest game developer I have seen to date.

Can you imagine players in the past who have spent thousands to win event cards only to no realize that their past wins have been all for nothing or have been meaningless? Even RoB didn't implement a higher tier than what packs can give you.

Maybe it's just me. I just feel that anyone who has spent quite a bit of time and money on the game would feel disappointed. I'm hoping that the card is just all for rank aesthetics but I'm probably wrong.

Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am

New 7* Unit in Japan! D525b64b72a5b3db

Oh hai airship admiral!

So with enhanced stats and full-coloured backgrounds!
Back to top Go down
cmud2007
☆☆
cmud2007

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am

I like the appearance of 7* card.
It seems that Japan wiki is running through some problems pulling image from the app. The newest banner picture have Mobage sign on it. And there are no pictures of new cards.
(I believe there is a way to get images from the apps with some programming work. Both Japanese and Chinese sites have original images of cards, not the screen shot. But we don't have any in English version.)
Back to top Go down
wildfire116
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:46 am

the only thing this makes me hope for is the price reduction of 6*
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 am

I bet 6* will be the next 5* in future lol
Back to top Go down
rlh

rlh

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 am

wildfire116 wrote:
the only thing this makes me hope for is the price reduction of 6*

That was my first thought. I'm a long ways off from affording a 6*.

I also don't see this as a greed problem. The fact is, I think Fantasica has the chance to get "stale" without upgrades and enhancements. So what, if they add another star level.

If 6*s remain as rare as they currently are, this won't affect their value. What I think will affect their value the most in the next 6-12 months will be the fact that the number of people playing the game is going to level and 6*'s will just increase in commonality because, let's be honest, we get about 2-3 new one every week from events.

Yes, some cards may only have 50 in existence, but the pool of available 6*s keeps getting larger and larger because Mobage won't give us a break on these limited ed. cards and all of these events.

As a side discussion (may be worth a new thread), I've noticed on the Japenese wiki, that each card has the listing of it's MAXed states. Underneath that line is a place holder for stats associated for the card, as if it were 1 star higher?!

I haven't seen any of these stats filled in, but if anyone speaks Japanese, could you do a bit of recon and see if Mobage has had an even where you can "upgrade" your cards.

Because I've had that idea and I think it could be a REAL game changer... literally.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am

^ as to the cards having another row of stats as if they were one tier higher: Japan got a new "recycle" event a cuple of weeks ago, where players could sacrifice in game items for a new currency that could be used to exchange for a new "grab bag" sort of thing. The grab bag has the cance to give many things, one of them being a Goddess Fruit, which can be used to raise the maxed level of a card. I think it takes 10 fruit to raise a 6* from lvl 120 to 140. but only 2 to raise a 1* card from 20-40.

Of course, because these items are very rare and usuful, players dont just use them on any card. So you'll see cards that people use a lot (like Georgis and Vlad) have their 140lvl stats filled in, but I doubt anyone's going to waste their fruit on every Gleb they pull.
Back to top Go down
rlh

rlh

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 am

predator852 wrote:
...[O]ne of them being a Goddess Fruit, which can be used to raise the maxed level of a card. I think it takes 10 fruit to raise a 6* from lvl 120 to 140. but only 2 to raise a 1* card from 20-40.

Is this an on-going thing or were these fruits only acquirable just once?

Because their is a chance that I would feed a few of these to a Claudio so that my ladies would become godesses.

Oh wait, I guess this may not affect unit skills. In which case, never mind. That would suck.

cheers
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm

rlh wrote:
predator852 wrote:
...[O]ne of them being a Goddess Fruit, which can be used to raise the maxed level of a card. I think it takes 10 fruit to raise a 6* from lvl 120 to 140. but only 2 to raise a 1* card from 20-40.

Is this an on-going thing or were these fruits only acquirable just once?

Because their is a chance that I would feed a few of these to a Claudio so that my ladies would become godesses.

Oh wait, I guess this may not affect unit skills. In which case, never mind. That would suck.

cheers

I doubt it made skill raise, but I've never heard anything that said otherwise. As for the fruit, it was an event so I think that although another one of those events may come around, it was a one time thing. I also heard that it was nontradeable, so people collected what they could, and that's that!
Back to top Go down
Wheatmidge

Wheatmidge

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:15 pm

To explain why there will be 7* cards soon, I think Extra Credit from penny arcade TV says it best. "Power Creep"

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/power-creep
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Wheatmidge wrote:
To explain why there will be 7* cards soon, I think Extra Credit from penny arcade TV says it best. "Power Creep"

That's exactly what I've been trying to say. Wow didn't know there was even a term... I'm really hoping that this new 7* card is just all for show rather than having a new and completely OP power level in comparison to 6*s.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm

I'd be excited for 7*s.

But there needs to be a very limited number of them. For example, if they followed this I certainly wouldn't mind:

1. Have around maybe 5-6 7*s.
Each event, the number 1 player gets a 7*. That's it. one 7* per event.
and they rotate through the 7*s, so every 5-6 events it goes back to the first one.

2. Super packs, 3000 fanta each.

Contains:
1*
2*
500-1500 gold
1-5 TE
1-5 pot
200-2000 brave
and 7* at a 0.2% chance (where as 6* is 0.2% for EACH card in a pack, this pack only contains ONE card or one of the above prizes
Back to top Go down
wildfire116
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:25 am

sharpyzu wrote:
I'd be excited for 7*s.

But there needs to be a very limited number of them. For example, if they followed this I certainly wouldn't mind:

and they rotate through the 7*s, so every 5-6 events it goes back to the first one.

Contains:
1*
2*
500-1500 gold
1-5 TE
1-5 pot
200-2000 brave
and 7* at a 0.2% chance (where as 6* is 0.2% for EACH card in a pack, this pack only contains ONE card or one of the above prizes

I having 1*,2*, and brave in boxes woud really turn off players from buying boxes though meaning less money for them which they really love
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 am

Blargod wrote:
Wheatmidge wrote:

That's exactly what I've been trying to say. Wow didn't know there was even a term... I'm really hoping that this new 7* card is just all for show rather than having a new and completely OP power level in comparison to 6*s.

Hate to say this, but the JP poster clearly said it'll be stronger than existing 6* stat wise; just not sure by how much...
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am

Considering an average 5* has about twice total stats of an average 4* and an average 6* has about twice the stats of an average 5*, a 7* would have about twice the stats of a 6*. I am expecting at least 100K in each maxed stat and around 400K total. An average 7* should put every 6* to shame.
Back to top Go down
duhmichael17

duhmichael17

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
I'd be excited for 7*s.

Contains:
1*
2*
500-1500 gold
1-5 TE
1-5 pot
200-2000 brave

I may be misreading this, but with the second option $30 could possibly end up with only getting a 1* or even just 1TE? Hell, I could just buy 30TE with those thirty bucks haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 7* Unit in Japan!   New 7* Unit in Japan! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 7* Unit in Japan!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next