Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ryokoseigo
☆☆
ryokoseigo

Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something? Empty
PostSubject: Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?   Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 pm

wondering why the game is still running in shrunk screen when the iphone 5 has been out for months now... I keep thinking it'll be in the next mandatory update... but nope...
Back to top Go down
http://astrokeofmadness.wordpress.com/
rya

rya

PostSubject: Re: Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?   Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm

COZ they dont wanna change the resolution of the map and other componenets. In other word, they are too lazy to redesign the UI just for iphone 5. This is kind of understandable since the iphone 5 users are not as much as other smartphone(including iphone). I never use iOS fanta, but I would assume that even the previous version idevice are getting a shrunk screen since Iphone were using a rare resolution screen.

Also, UI is not a magic, you need to remake most of the images to make it fit in the screen. If they hard code the parameters(which UI engineer does more or less), it would be pretty much works to fix and test.

As I see, there are not many programmers in fanta's software development group, expecially UI engineer.
Back to top Go down
ryokoseigo
☆☆
ryokoseigo

PostSubject: Re: Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?   Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 pm

UI is still incredibly easy to alter. I could edit every element of the ui myself in photoshop in a few hours. The screen only got taller, thus all you need to to is increase the length of a few portions, keeping the quest/training/event areas the exact same, simply adding more empty space in the bottom area and top areas.

Its also a good point to note that the samsung galaxy3 and many other phones have higher resolutions then the iphone 5 so either those devices dont have fullscreen either, or they are just lazy on the iphone5.
Back to top Go down
http://astrokeofmadness.wordpress.com/
rya

rya

PostSubject: Re: Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?   Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm

The big thing is ingame UI since the maps are already made. The problem is not the high resolution, the problem is the status part would be way longer and make the whole UI looks strange expecially there would be a blank area around the unit image. Tho I don't know which are more Ugly.

For the android phone, they are mostly 16:9, so it would be too much work once it's set up(still can see the tiny black edge due to there different type of 16:9 screen). But iphone has a extreme different resolution. 640 × 1,136 is a disaster to UI guys. It would look way longer than other 16:9 since in Android there are some icons at the bottom(80 pixels in 720P) which makes it actually a 16:10. Normally in fanta Status takes 1280 - 720 - 80 = 480, 480/1280 = .375 of the screen(and I assume the map is a square). But in iphone 5, the left over space should be use as status area is 1136 - 640 = 496, 496/1136 = 0.43. So in IPHONE 5, there would be a lot more space at the bottom I guess this is one of the concern Fanta developers have(Although I think lazyness is still the bigest reason)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?   Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Japan not have the iphone 5 or something?
Page 1 of 1