Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Rank of Skills?

Go down 
+3
struesdell
Shokkeru
Strenhelden
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm

From trades, and superman's post on prices of 5*s, it seems that:

Knockback > Area Attack > Slow > Poison > no Skill

Is this what you consider when doing equal rarity trades (mostly 5* for 5* I guess, people are flexible with lesser rarity)? Max stats matter too, which is why Fiona is considered the worst 5* even with poison skill.

*Not sure if double post. Sometimes new topic doesn't show up for me*
Back to top Go down
Shokkeru
☆☆
Shokkeru

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm

I think it's kinda hard to say. Among 6*s I've heard people say that Ana, Petra and Doro are top tier (among others) and they're Slow and Poison.

A lot of it has to do with how rare (not rarity) the cards are too maybe, which is probably why you see some people pricing new cards really high.
Back to top Go down
struesdell
Baron Von Vermin [LEGENDARY]
struesdell

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I will be interested to see how the PvP Arena stuff effects this ranking too. Each of these skills interacts in different ways for the next event.
Back to top Go down
Serotheo

Serotheo

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: well....   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Well to be honest, all the skills are fairly useful in their own way - it really all comes down to how you set them up as a whole with your units, can't really say one skill is completely better than another but on a certain unit it may be.

--> Of course for the event this is totally different.
Back to top Go down
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
RisingAboveThis

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Best thing ever is coupling a knockback unit close to a slow unit. Works wonders for almost any stage, especially the last quest in the chapters where there is the last boss or two. Wink

But that is going into combos, which is always a fun idea I tinker with.

My Three Favorite 2-Type Set-ups:
Knockback + Slow; Sets those suckers back to square one and buys A LOT of time.
Slow + Poison; Let them take a fair amount of damage whilst you are attacking them
Slow + Area Attack; Sets up area attacks better. Essentially maximizes efficiency of area attack.

Just to name a few fun things to do with your abilities ^__^
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I mean really, any combos/special effects will enhance your defense somehow.

Slow + knockback is great, so is poison + knockback (they're poisoned, by the time the poison wears off they're knock-backed and poisoned again).

In regards to the OP's post, I don't trade in 5*s yet really, but in my opinion, slow and knockback are probably most useful, although there are also a TON of knockback units. I think it also depends on rarity and stats otherwise. Poison's effects are slightly harder to see, and area effect is useful but only in some situations, so it's not always thought too highly of. I think they're all good depending on the situation though. For the next event, for example, poison isn't particularly useful.
Back to top Go down
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
RisingAboveThis

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: A Little Birdy Told Me....   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Essentially what Clocks said, poison immunity will be rampant in the arena from what I've heard.

......That being said, it sounds like a great time to plan on BUYING poison units during it. People will want money to spend on non poisons, so they will sell it cheaper than normal, then you wait a few weeks and sell at normal pricing Wink

Again....off topic. Sorry I let the entrepreneur in my talk Razz Anyways, it all depends on rarity it would seem honestly. And their base stats as well. Personally, if I had to choose a standard to follow its:

Knockback > Slow > Poison > Area Attack > None

Mainly since area attack isnt needed until the later chapters.
Back to top Go down
dzone23

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 pm

rarity is I think the most key thing. Fiona is a prime example. With stats almost identical to adolph. But one is the worse 5* and the other is one of the most coveted. Clearly this is proof that people don't really care much about the stats but how difficult it is to find and how much they can sell it for.

Back to top Go down
Serotheo

Serotheo

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 pm

dzone23 wrote:
rarity is I think the most key thing. Fiona is a prime example. With stats almost identical to adolph. But one is the worse 5* and the other is one of the most coveted. Clearly this is proof that people don't really care much about the stats but how difficult it is to find and how much they can sell it for.

Well to be fair Adolph is slightly stronger on Land attack, where having a higher stat in one is better than having slight advantage in the others.

i.e. 30k 20k 20k vs 22k 24k 22k
Also, yes Adolph is clearly rarer, especially since everyone seems to have a Fiona.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rank of Skills? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank of Skills?   Rank of Skills? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank of Skills?
Page 1 of 1