Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Using this arena event to identify gems?

Go down 
+7
Hsrodrigues
clocksprocket
Valhades
Rhyan
sagemacleod
Evageek
dnonamus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

Using this arena event to identify gems? Empty
PostSubject: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 pm

I feel like this arena event is a really good way to identify cards that are most effective. I've encountered a very broad range of units from 2* to 6* most of which I had never seen in action before. Because you can see the units speed and the results of their attack I have identified some cards that I will be pursuing. I've also identified quite a few that I will stop going after.
I'll have to say, even though I haven't encountered all of the 6* yet one that has been incredibly disappointing is Minerva. Much weaker than I expected, I have beaten her each time I picked her to fight.
One I don't see as much as I thought I would is Anastasia. She is on lists as mid tier because supposedly she is common, but I beg to differ, I have run into more Minerva. Is the perception that she is common based more on some personal bias than fact? Alexander seems to be extremely common and just as worthless as always assumed, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
Evageek
☆☆
Evageek

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 pm

All I see is that tease Avril.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Interested in that Avril person myself. Where Was she always in the album?
Back to top Go down
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]
sagemacleod

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm

I think PVP is partial to the opponent. Which makes you need to use Roc Vails, buy packs for Vails.
Groups of 4*s are beating my group of 5* way too often to be normal.
Back to top Go down
Rhyan

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm

dnonamus wrote:
I feel like this arena event is a really good way to identify cards that are most effective. I've encountered a very broad range of units from 2* to 6* most of which I had never seen in action before. Because you can see the units speed and the results of their attack I have identified some cards that I will be pursuing. I've also identified quite a few that I will stop going after.
I'll have to say, even though I haven't encountered all of the 6* yet one that has been incredibly disappointing is Minerva. Much weaker than I expected, I have beaten her each time I picked her to fight.
One I don't see as much as I thought I would is Anastasia. She is on lists as mid tier because supposedly she is common, but I beg to differ, I have run into more Minerva. Is the perception that she is common based more on some personal bias than fact? Alexander seems to be extremely common and just as worthless as always assumed, lol

Yeah man I'd have to agree on the Minerva comment. Like I stated in the events section, I'm using two 5*s (was using only 1, but switched my angela with fiona) and 3 4*s. I've fought a few minervas myself and when I see her do as much damage as my Tullia/Fiona, it makes me wonder. I checked out some stats on a few 6*s and Minerva seems to be one of the weaker ones, especially for a card that costs 30 to deploy.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Rhyan wrote:

Yeah man I'd have to agree on the Minerva comment. Like I stated in the events section, I'm using two 5*s (was using only 1, but switched my angela with fiona) and 3 4*s. I've fought a few minervas myself and when I see her do as much damage as my Tullia/Fiona, it makes me wonder. I checked out some stats on a few 6*s and Minerva seems to be one of the weaker ones, especially for a card that costs 30 to deploy.
I was trying to figure out why she was ranked so high on the new ranking list then I noticed her 175 range, of course range doesn't matter in the arena. Still, that's pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Minerva is the fastest attacking knock back unit. If you pay attention to turn order, she will always go before other knock back units.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Also, 6* bosses are different than people using the same maxed 6* units -- just want to make sure that's clear, in case people think they're the same. (Well, after typing this, it's possible that they are the same actually -- I know Georgios hits like a truck, for example. Still, if they're not, then you'll have to figure in that under a person, it'll be doing more damage.)

e: that said, it's true. For arena, she doesn't really rank that high in the arena ratings I calculated (to be fair, most 6*s will do really well, especially compared to 5*s, but she loses out both in normal ratings & ratings weighted by deploy cost).
Back to top Go down
Hsrodrigues

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Don´t forget that damage in this event is the sum of:

- Rarity of princess in team
- Use or not of RvL/RvS
- Weight of each stat (not the same weight for each stat of the card)

So, some cards may be not so good at this event, but this doesn´t mean he card is worse than any other. It´s just a matter of how the card is at the current event.
Back to top Go down
ic0n

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

This event should have an * on it when you view cards. This isn't how a majority of this game is played.

The bosses are all nerfed. If you fight their max counterparts in pvp, they resemble the order of the tier list a lot more.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Yea I was mostly talking about PVP I've only fought Minerva twice in a "boss battle". Those 6* are pretty lame, almost boring. I also rarely use vials in PVP battles for the purpose of analyzing the effectiveness of the units. I know not everyone is as analytical as I am but I've considered all of that, not that Minerva is weak for you Minerva users but she's just not devastating like I expected. Georgios in the boss battles seems (to me) to have realistic stats, he hits very hard, lol.
Back to top Go down
NapkinPower
☆☆
NapkinPower

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm

No, no, you guys are right and Minerva is pretty much the equivalent of a 2*. Since I'm feeling generous, I will take her off anyone's hands for any one of my 5*s. Wink
Back to top Go down
ic0n

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:14 pm

NapkinPower wrote:
No, no, you guys are right and Minerva is pretty much the equivalent of a 2*. Since I'm feeling generous, I will take her off anyone's hands for any one of my 5*s. Wink

haha I actually am pretty disappointed in Minerva too, but she by no means is "that" bad xD

I think Georgios is nerfed for pve too isn't he? In pvp i get hit in the 110-120ks if im not mistaken. In pve he hits me under 80k without the use of vials. Maybe im seeing things haha
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 pm

I distinctly remember Georgios hitting me for 240K without a vial the only I faced him. I am not sure if that's with or without Benedetta's boost, but I nearly soiled myself.
Back to top Go down
timlai1209
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
timlai1209

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 am

Despoted wrote:
I distinctly remember Georgios hitting me for 240K without a vial the only I faced him. I am not sure if that's with or without Benedetta's boost, but I nearly soiled myself.

After Georgios hit me about 140k without attack boost, my Faith unit hit him back over 220k with skill and RVs.

My Faith almost elimate 40% hp of all opponent every time with 7lv area attack.

Laughing All boss can't beat me in this event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using this arena event to identify gems?   Using this arena event to identify gems? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using this arena event to identify gems?
Page 1 of 1