Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios

Go down 
+23
Vaati
LuziMiazawa
Hunkamajunka
GnatB
xmikechenx
Shakalakaa
Marduk
Ghost_Star
Spacebug
Abyssight
lucentSwallowtail
Timed
cosmicc89
pipsparker
FfolkGreene
Belphegor606
Tattycoram
Tasaiomar
GreenOpalus
Roanmarvel
AzakaZero
aikendoe
xYukitox
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hunkamajunka
☆☆☆
Hunkamajunka

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:16 pm

We'll being a new player I have 2k free crowns lol just waiting to get paid to put in the last 30$

I hit my wall for now. The chapter after the desert.
Need to purify or use small atk stones
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Well, my lack of willpower strikes again.
Units of note:

Metatron
Orias
Nergal

The 6* is nice, gonna try to trade her for something more my style though.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 7:24 pm

GnatB wrote:
Belphegor606 wrote:

The 5* booster pack last time with 10 cards for 1500 crowns and guaranteed 1 5* is better as far as price goes......the ultimate pack is the watered down version with new units

I'd have to disagree.  Unless I'm misremembering, the 5* booster pack didn't have nearly as nice a modifier towards 5/6*. (Don't think it even HAD a modifier?)  That's the key part that makes this tempting, not the 250 coin per price point.  Just pointing out it's better in odds *and* price point than the stepup was.

Assuming it didn't have a modifier, then it's 5x as likely for a card in this pack to be great, (i.e. 6*) but paying less than 2x as much for it.  Sounds pretty good to me.  So I'd have to say the 5* booster was a watered down version of this pack.  Assuming my memory is correct and it had no multiplier.

edit:  And it's *way* better than that one 1000 coins for 1 card with x10 multiplier.  That was just a rotten deal.  Buy 10 cards at 100 coins each with no multiplier would likely give you a about the same chance at a 6*, *and* 9 other cards.  And 100 coin cards aren't that uncommon.  First few steps of stepup for instance, and those even have a bit of a multiplier.

It had the same multiplier as this one.

The real bonus were the holiday vouchers which had like a 90% change of pulling a 5* (and only EU's at that).
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:25 am

GnatB wrote:

I'd have to disagree. Unless I'm misremembering, the 5* booster pack didn't have nearly as nice a modifier towards 5/6*. (Don't think it even HAD a modifier?) That's the key part that makes this tempting, not the 250 coin per price point. Just pointing out it's better in odds *and* price point than the stepup was.

Assuming it didn't have a modifier, then it's 5x as likely for a card in this pack to be great, (i.e. 6*) but paying less than 2x as much for it. Sounds pretty good to me. So I'd have to say the 5* booster was a watered down version of this pack. Assuming my memory is correct and it had no multiplier.

I think the 1500c also has bonus multiplier though i forget the details

anyway if u consider the chance multiplier, I guess it's not bad

but thing of note IMO is how much the guaranteed good card are and total number of cards

with 1500c pack u can buy 3 (that's 4500c) and get at least 3 5* and more cards (30 cards instead of 20...meaning more medals if sold), and it has lower price point too

the 5000c pack only guarantees 1 5* and at a higher price point with less card count. There's the chance multiplier yes, but chance are well chance....I think it won't be rare story about people pulling 1 and end up with 19 3* / 4*. Probably it might make a difference if buy a lot but with high price point, most people won't buy much I think

Spacebug wrote:

Nope, that's a hidden stat which makes this type of events a little bit trickier.

I see

well I guess I'm gonna stick to my usual strategy then

at this point I think opponent with 3k atk lower than my team should be safe choice

Hunkamajunka wrote:
We'll being a new player I have 2k free crowns lol just waiting to get paid to put in the last 30$

I hit my wall for now. The chapter after the desert.
Need to purify or use small atk stones

After the den of dragon, quests do get harder

especially after those ogres start appearing

but with good team, most quest can be done reasonably well with 1-2 level in atk / hp purify with optional item purify to increase survival chance

problem will be the boss, as some boss has annoying mechanics

Roanmarvel wrote:

The real bonus were the holiday vouchers which had like a 90% change of pulling a 5* (and only EU's at that).

Can't argue with holiday vouchers

worst card 4* with high chance of 5* and all EU

have to buy other pack (or get UP rewards) first though
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Belphegor606 wrote:

Spacebug wrote:

Nope, that's a hidden stat which makes this type of events a little bit trickier.

I see

well I guess I'm gonna stick to my usual strategy then

at this point I think opponent with 3k atk lower than my team should be safe choice

Depends how well/if you got some earth units leveled/broken.  As my allies from Fantasica probably know, I tend to keep a lot of "for looks" units.

Since I got my quest party leveled/small broke during the x-mas event, I've been pretty much concentrating on leveling/breaking all my earth deco units.  (Yeah, I know.  Colo hadn't been announced yet, IIRC.  But considering there was a fire colo and a water colo, safe to assume an earth one was coming up)

As is, all the 4*'s (and the 3*) on my team are earth, +2, maxed level, and fully small broken.  (resulting in a significant earth bonus)  I can reliably take on teams a couple thousand attack above mine.  (and fwiw, I'm currently working on leveling some null/fire 5*'s to replace the water ones on my team.  Likely won't alter the numbers much, but should improve how well my team actually does.)

I'm curious though, I'd assume many of the other higher teams have done similar, so I'm somewhat surprised I'm trouncing things so far "above" my weight class.  Makes me wonder if the defense team is always the autobuild team, which likely isn't stacked towards earth.  If anybody happens to attack me, try to pay attention to the last 2 teams.

If they aren't:
Dorthea+2
Ninhursag+2
Methuselah+2 Artina+2
and
Gaap+2
Mefathiel+2
Andrealphus+2

Then it's presumably using either the autobuild team, or team 1, and not the team I'm actually using to attack.

P.S.  I *am* curious if they're going to do a "Null" colo next, or start back around with elements, or do something completely different.  (attack type, Slice bonus?)

(edit: Just realized I actually have enough points free after leveling up this morning to upgrade the 3* to a 4*. And while I'm out of leveled earth 4*'s, I do have a fire 4* that's *slightly* better than Methuselah even with the +50% bonus.)
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 5:14 am

might be just me but I think it's harder to rank in battle bracket compared to last colo

some people probably burning BP pots they got from bingo / gold pack bundles / etc

and this is not even the bonus time with multiplied medals

top 20 as usual has crazy numbers but that's to be expected
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:29 am

I just found out that when using burst, you don't have to use all 8 hits in order to save the burst meter. Really helpful to clean the minions in boss fights but conserving burst for a final attack. Damn wish i knew sooner :-/
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Spacebug wrote:
I just found out that when using burst, you don't have to use all 8 hits in order to save the burst meter. Really helpful to clean the minions in boss fights but conserving burst for a final attack. Damn wish i knew sooner :-/

and it's also the easy way to clear bingo "use xx burst in 1 quest"
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 am

Belphegor606 wrote:
Spacebug wrote:

and it's also the easy way to clear bingo "use xx burst in 1 quest"

Also, I realize it helps tons when grinding loyalty points for 4 fresh units.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Not sure if I'm doing well this event or not.  Previous Colo I was in, I was pretty much just shooting for the silver tix by ranking above 400 each period, using small pots as needed.  IIRC ended up ranked high enough to get Imhotep+2.

This time around, I'd like to pick up a 6*.  So If top 200 in ranking each period doesn't look too far away, (or I'm already there) I've been using pots to get/keep it.  So far I'm 296 (right on the bubble), and I've used just about as many small pots as I've picked up.  (around 50 left).  But tomorrow, with the x2 rewards, will be when it really hits the fan, and I've only got about 25 big pots available.  (And maybe 2.5k coins to buy more, I guess)

Any advice from those who've been really in one of these before?  (fwiw, targets of choice are in the 720-740 point range)
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:09 am

Gnat, ryuu and tasaiomar from our union are going for 6* this time (and ryuu ranked for 6*+0 last time), you can ask them.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 4:34 am

Totally overspent.  Ended up around 250.   Was expecting a rush towards the end, and from what I saw on the ranking boards, there really wasn't one.

edit:  Trying to decide if I want to actually buy any of the 100 tix packs.  100 per card is good... x2 bonus is not so much.  My gut feeling is it's probably a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:23 am

And i thought Fantasica taught you something about odds...

I've entered the game recently, and enjoying the benefits of being a fresh player - saving coins for a wise purchase, and from the two 100 packs i've purchased, you might as well skip it.

I used the constant lvl up to use nearly unlimited BP to rank up, while picking easy fights that i could win thanks to the Earth bonus (I mainly levelled Gaia and Mefathiel while giving some levels to the other cards)

In the end, i stayed on rank 645. I was expecting getting one Horus as my first 5*, but then i was able to push a bit further and won a second one without spending a cent. However, i couldn't get the third Horus from the lucky awards on the rankings due to rookie mistakes (mostly overranking without calculating with efficiency). So if anyone has a spare one for trade, please save me one until i can have resources to trade.

And now that we are on a event mostly driven by Union cooperation (raids), i'm looking to be part of an active union. I'm not actively spending, but i'm not also slacking on full days. KIK/Line = IGN (Vaatigam - glad the name was vacant) if you're interested in having a friendly face on your side.
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:06 am

haven't had much luck with current 100 tix...best I got only 4*

I think I'll stop now, gabriel pull rate also seems pretty low

Already pulled 1 mammon though, so only need 1 more now

greed voucher / pack naming really hit the mark

people are sniping left and right now lol
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Belphegor606 wrote:
haven't had much luck with current 100 tix...best I got only 4*

I think I'll stop now, gabriel pull rate also seems pretty low

Already pulled 1 mammon though, so only need 1 more now

greed voucher / pack naming really hit the mark

people are sniping left and right now lol

Hmm, To be honest, I've been considering the greed tix fairly worthless.  Haven't gotten anything other than a 2*, and I think I've easily pulled over 10 of 'em.

and other than Mammon, the available pulls are just equivalent to a silver ticket.

edit: Is it just me, or have the odds of getting greed tix increased? Seem to be almost always getting 1 for discovery, and 1 for a kill now.

(though still not getting anything from them other than 2*'s)
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 pm

Yea greed tix is silver tix + extra mammon

finally pulled final mammon from the 1.2 mill UP reward tix (first 6* +2 at last)

I never pulled forcas / gilga / nergal / pazuzu though. Aside mammon all I get r only 2*

not sure about the pull rate, but i saw mammon pops up pretty often at the rare card report

probably bcoz ppl r drawing greed tix like crazy

I heard somebody has pulled 4 mammon (so that's 5 mammon with the UP reward)
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:02 am

Got mammon from 10 tix. Pals pulled Nergal. And I have aweful drop rate for greed tix, so will have to go past 1mil probably.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 2:59 am

Guess I'm just lucky with the tix, but unlucky with the mammon pulls then. (that, or it feels like I'm getting more tix than I am. Haven't really been counting.)

Congrats on the 6*+2 though, however assuming you aren't short on 5*+2/4*+2, 6*'s tend to be very inefficient in your raid deck. At one point my "auto build" team was about 3k attack less and 10khp less than manual team, because it put 6* in. They're too expensive for their stats. (My real raid team currently doesn't have a 6* in it)
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 am

Yeah at my current level (83) I can deploy full 5* team and I usually go with that (didn't use auto build)

deploying mammon would've cut that to 1x6* + 13x5* + 1x2*

I think 6* for raid should be for player lvl 90+ and even then probably 1x6* + 14x5*

there's a significant deploy cost jump from 5* to 6*

1* = 2
2* = 4
3* = 8
4* = 12
5* = 16
6* = 24

it's 8 point difference instead of the normal 4 point and mammon's an irregular that cost 26. I'll keep her for questing and bingo for now
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 5:59 pm

I actually used my 6* during the colo.  Replacing water 5* with earth 4* freed up points, and probably even strengthened my team.

'Course, that's sorta that whole "not enough 5*" case. Or at least, not enough of the *right* 5*.
Back to top Go down
Blablablablabla

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:40 am

Pulling chance isn't that bad. I even got a 5*, Bennu, during some of the first days of playing. She's my first 5* and I'm still using her in my team. I also have Anahita and Haria (put in Bazaar for a chance of a card, either it's Lamashtu or Polymnia, I forgot.)
Back to top Go down
Blablablablabla

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:45 am

Tips for Beginners!
1. Don't access the quests first. You should enter a friend code, then claim the rewards.
2. Fight in Battle and waste all of your (Mini) BP Potions. BUT, you should always fight the ones with ATK 1616 HP 4062. You'll always win!
3. Only use your Crowns for Limited Packs, NEVER waste it for Gold Packs!!
4. After this you're ready for the Quests.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Blablablablabla wrote:
Tips for Beginners!
2. Fight in Battle and waste all of your (Mini) BP Potions. BUT, you should always fight the ones with ATK 1616 HP 4062. You'll always win!

I'd have to strongly disagree.  Save the BP pots for during colo to try to (occasionally) rank high enough for silver tix.  May even end up with decent overall rank to get 4* and maybe even 5*.  IIRC you don't need to use pots for the victory streak achievement, just go for it during one of the 2 5 hour (or is it 4?  Either way, enough time) sessions.  (streak resets between sessions, so there isn't enough time during the shorter ones w/o using pots.)  There's two of those longer sessions, at roughly opposite sides of the clock, (IIRC 1pm to 6pm and 12am to 5am PST/PDT), so there should be one you can use, regardless of your time zone.

But yeah, when going for the streak achievement, pick those easy fights.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:44 am

Blablablablabla wrote:
Tips for Beginners!
1. Don't access the quests first. You should enter a friend code, then claim the rewards.
3. Only use your Crowns for Limited Packs, NEVER waste it for Gold Packs!!
4. After this you're ready for the Quests.

Regarding 1 and 2, I'd say the opposite. You need a decent level before you can even build a proper Raid Deck due to the cost limit. Also, doing early quests will get you easy crowns, which you'll need to get better cards.

The point of Battle is not winning many battles, but high difficulty battles for more pts per battle, since rank is based on pts. Using Battle Potions early in the game isn't effective at all, definitely not fighting the default low atk opponents.
What you should do is take advantage of the free refills whenever you level up, which acts like a free AP+BP. I used to play battle and quests at the same time for that reason, but the high level players were still easily overcoming my pts, because their pts/battle is simply much higher than mine.

So my advice, use your pots sparingly at the start, if any at all.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Well, pulled my first (not including the union point one) Mammon from the 10 tix at 1.4 mil. Pretty sure I'm going to be stuck with an untradeable 6+1. (considering completing it is based on luck, sorta stinks that it's untradeable, but I guess they are fairly common)

And in other news, the USB connection on my phone sorta died, and basically refuses to charge reliably. So, did what any person with a phone 3+ years old that's failing does. Ran over to the store and upgraded to a new one.

Ishtaria loads much faster now. And hopefully won't run out of memory and crash as often.

(that said, I also have now pulled 2 different 5*, and 2 4* from the greed tix too)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: